“Modern clean hotel”

Ranked #5 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
exeter
“Modern clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed here in February of this year and really enjoyed the experience. It does have a few teething problems, mainly around the staff's inability to understand English, although I am sure that will improve in time. Breakfast was excellent and it was great that we could choose on a daily basis if we wanted it. Krabi is close to many beautiful Islands and an early start was often beneficial. The Hotel is off the beaten track, however tuk tuk's are cheap at 20 bhat per person, which will take you to the beach or the centre. At the beach you can take one of the wooden longboats to many picturesque places. One downside is that they only have one restaurant, this serves breakfast in a cafeteria open plan setting by the pool, which does not bode well for romantic evening meals. We were glad that we didn't pay extra for a room with direct pool access, as other guest's would be constantly swimming past.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My partner and me had a wonderful one night stay here! The pool access room was fabulous and most welcoming!

We were travelling from phuket, Samui n so on. Decided to stay one night at Krabi only and Mercure Deevana was de one we choose to stay this time round.

Upon arrival, we we're very well greeted and served with welcome drinks seated while receptionist does the check in process. Was ushered to the room by a knowledgeble trainee staff who is also friendly with 2 bellman carrying our luggages. Orientation of facilities and in room too.

Our request of a quiet room was met and de pool access room is fabulous! Housekeeping staffs had prepared our rooms with honeymooners touch. Thanks you so much.

De only thing we get a bit uneasy is there was a lot of mossies around especially at night. Not the hotel fault but all resorts at Krabi should spray the room first for guest arrival. We know it wont stop these hungry mossies but lessens it. Request for insecticide spray from housekeeping was delivered very fast. N Thanks to the android or iphone anti mossies apps, it makes the mossies go away!

Location: We really thought it was near ao nang princeville which is near de ao nang strip...but it is located further in Centara andha Dhevi n so. In between Nopphatara and ao nang beach. So hiring a bike at $200 baht is a must for those who dislikes walking much.

Overall view: A very nice and new resort and rooms with pool access is always a haven for us in any of our trips. Recommendable if you stay here!

• Stayed April 2012
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I would really recommend this hotel. It is super modern, clean with excellent staff.

The walk to the town is 10 minutes.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I would recommend a poolside room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012 via mobile

Got a good rate for our 5 night stay here . Rooms were clean and reasonable size . Bathrooms modern and spacious but I am sure if you let your kids play in the shower for an hour or so it may get a little wet ! And as mentioned many times the pool is the highlight as vertically runs the length of the resort. Very much a family hotel appealing to the farang a little put off by the outside Thai hustle. We are a couple and didn't tend to hang around the hotel much however happy hour cocktails sitting in the pool between 4pm - 6pm are worth a swim .

This is one of the few hotels where they have a customer relations person who at check in actually takes you to you room and explains all the features of the hotel and the room . I will make mention of "Max" here who did an excellent job of this when we arrived . The welcome drink is a nice touch also .

It is a 10 -15 minute walk to the centre of Beach rd however there is lots to see along the way so not a problem . Hire a motorbike at 250 baht a day if the walk worries you . It still surprises me of the expectations of some reviewers of the Thai people and how their service is not like home . If I wanted the same level of service as home I'd stay at home .

I didn't eat at this hotel as I prefer eating outside but I do know that the hotel charged 400 baht per person for breakfast . Outside the hotel for an English breakfast for example you would expect to pay around 200 baht and once again you weren't sure what you were getting until it turned up . Usually always edible and a giggle !

Overall the Mercure was a very pleasant experience but I would maybe give another hotel a shot if I was in Krabi again as this may have been a little too "family" for me but still a very good new hotel .

Stayed April 2012
Brunei
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

The Mercure Krabi Deevana is a nice hotel. It's good value for money and the rooms are clean and comfortable, if not a little basic looking. We had a good deal on booking.com and I was not disappointed with the hotel itself (beds are very comfy!). However, I was a little disappointed with the distance from the main street in Ao Nang. Its not that far, about a 15-20 minute walk, and there are tuk-tuks right outside the door if you don't want to walk - so it is not that much of an issue. For me, however, I would have liked to have been able to just pop out and go shopping; something you can do if you stayed at one of the hotels at the other end of Ao Nang town. That said, the hotel is not miles away so it isn't that much of an issue. Would I stay there again? Probably not. The hotel is nice and the pool is great, but I'd book something closer to town next time. If you stay in Ao Nang get the boat around to Phra Nang beach... its beautiful!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple