“could be better!”

Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang
Ranked #7 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I am surprised this hotel is No 1 on tripadvisor!
The hotel isn't in a nice area with building work going on around it. I didn't find the staff very helpful and friendly. There was no one around to help with luggage when we arrived by taxi and it was a struggle with the suitcases as there are steps to enter the hotel. I asked to be move after our first night because we were woken up at 5 am with men talking and working on the roof of the hotel. We were on the top floor. The pool set up is very strange and noise echoes loudly particularly early in the morning!.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 183glen
Teerasak K, Rooms Division Manager at Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear 183glen,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations about the hotels' service and surrounding of the hotel; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We arrived in the morning and the reception was good and friendly. Its so kind to let us have our room in 15mins and during our online booking, we requested rooms far away from the restaurant because we preferred some privacy and it was granted. The poolside room is excellent, comfy, privacy and clean. Hotel supply towels with bags to bring along to the beaches or poolside which is a plus point. The sad part to this hotel is we pay THB4000+ and it doesnt provide breakfast, it doesnt cover airport transfer. On our 1st and 2nd day, no free drinking bottle is being supply so we taught there is none and we consumed from the purchase bottle water at THB150!. Only on 3rd day it was supplied with free drinking water. We didnt know the slipper was chargable if remove away from room and as usual all hotels provide it for free even if you take it home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear christin198,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Me and my family went for a quick visit for just 1 night. Didn't really have the rooms booked for this unplanned trip, so we ended up searching for several hotels around the area. We found Mercure the best choice in Ao nang (Though the overall area was not really impressive to us). This hotel has great value (2,400 THB/night with breakfast in superior room). The room was brand new and spotlessly cleaned. The pools were very relaxing and inviting. Breakfast is on standard but nothing to write home about. There is no beach nearby the hotel and you need a walk of 10 minutes to the more lively area at night. What truly made the place was their staff. The front desk staff was amazingly helpful, providing us all information needed and offered us all choices of hotel rooms in the way of considering our benefit the most. We will return to Mercure Deevana again if we have a chance to visit Krabi town or Aonang. If you are looking for more relaxing vacation, I would recommend escaping Aonang and stay at Tub Kaek beach instead.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ~LazyHammock~**

Dear ~LazyHammock~**,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

From the beginning of check-in, we were pleasantly received at the hotel with smiles all around, a smooth early check-in, and cool drinks in the lobby. The hotel provides a complimentary beach tote with two beach towels for your use that you can even take off premises as long as you don't lose the items. Also provided are two big umbrellas which can come in handy for afternoon showers. The room was very clean and modern. The beds were soft and comfortable. It was enjoyable to drink morning coffee on the veranda facing the pool. The only downside is that apparently you're allowed to smoke in the 'back part' of your room. As a non-smoker, I was surprised that my room smelled of cigarette smoke from a nearby room. I guess it traveled through the vents.

The pool isn't deep but there is length to it so if you want to do a few laps, you can. There aren't many lounging chairs near the pool to accommodate the number of guests, so try to secure a chair early. There's also a Sunbird Pool Bar with Happy Hour from 4-6.

The Western dishes on the menu at the restaurant (Club Sandwich, Beef Burger) were good. The Thai food was mediocre. You'll eat much better Thai food at the La Luna restaurant on the beach which has reasonable prices for the area and is nicely located on the beach.

As far as location, it's at the end of a side road, so you'll have to walk a bit to get to the main area. But, it's close to Ao Nang Beach where you can hitch a ride on a long tail boat to nearby areas like Railay Beach and Tonsai where you can go sea kayaking and rock climbing. Don't expect much from Ao Nang Beach. The sandy area is very short, full of tiny crabs, and the water is not very clear. Your best bet is to go to the previously mentioned areas that are nearby. Or, book a day trip to the Phi Phi islands to swim and snorkel if you want to see lovely waters.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They printed, scanned, and emailed some documents for me with no problem. They provided helpful information about the area. Everybody was smiley and pleasant.

Definitely a great place to stay. I'm now at a new hotel in Bangkok and missing the Mercure and the islands already...

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view. The other side isn't scenic at all.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Erin B,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I got the promotion price for the hotel from airasiago.com. I stayed there for3 nights. I need to say, this is the best hotel I been stayed. I received a warmest welcome when I was arrived in the hotel. All the staff are so polite. Take only 5 minutes to check-in. I come with my boyfriend for his birthday celebration. They arrange us a complimentary cake. We stayed in a pool access room. It was really a quite n privacy arrangement for us, we were fully enjoyed n relax during the stay. If u come for a relaxing holiday, choose Mercure. 10 minutes walk to Aonang beach, (the best location to enjoy sunset) and 20minutes walk to the Main Street with all the bar, souvenir shops, restaurant & convenient store. All the facilities in hotel in well maintenance. Gym room, kids pool, long swimming pool for adult, pool side bar, jacuzzi in swimming pool, everything was so nice. They have FREE shuttle bus to Main Street, bike rent (50 bath/ hour, 200bath/ day). SPA & massage in hotel also offer with the reasonable price. I wouldn't mind to come back again for this hotel. Their made my stay pleasant n perfect. The service they given to me more than a 4 star standard. ( thumb up!!)

Room Tip: If u wish to choose the pool access room, Try to get room number 4101-4110. It's away from facin...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ng b
Teerasak K, Rooms Division Manager at Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear beeting,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, especially when you give us the service rate which is more than 4 star standard.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel. Extremely peaceful and just a five minute brisk walk away from the beach this hotel is fantastic value for your money. Sure there are cheaper options available but if u want to spend a little extra money to pamper yourself, this is the place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple