“Little diamond inside krabi” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang

Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang
Ranked #5 of 105 Hotels in Ao Nang
“Little diamond inside krabi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

This is my first time travel to Krabi, and I choose this hotel as my home only for one night. The first impression was WOW, they put my name as a VIP guest on their lobby TV. Simple things but kinda make me flattered :) The lady at the front desk were really nice and helped me with all information I needed about Krabi. She gave me all information about hotel's facilities. The room is simple with modern design, and also has a private balcony. Breakfast also has a lot of variety with reasonable price. The most important thing is this hotel is very quiet and they provide free transfer service to the beach for free. Definitely will come back!

Stayed November 2013
Teerasak K, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Jarry L,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 12th-16th feb and it's a great hotel! Only thing I have to point out is that in our room (4305) there's no plug socket near the mirror. Rest of it was faultless. We sampled the room service a couple of times and it was lovely, but didn't eat in the restaurant as it is a bit more pricey than outside, although to be honest I wish we had just stayed in the hotel the whole four days and not ventured out into ao nang, where we sampled average and overpriced food and a costa del sol type atmosphere! I don't know if we set our expectations too high after staying with friends in a non-touristy part of Bangkok first, but the food really was disappointing in comparison! I think the hotel does offer an all inclusive option, and so if the purpose of your break here is to really chill out, sunbathe and you're not bothered about seeing much of the local area, I think that'd be the perfect choice for you. This really is a great hotel

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Khun TheKrizzler,

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon trip to Krabi in Decemeber 2013. The check in was quick and the staff were hospitable. The rooms were clean and overlooked the pool. We had free wifi which was great but no complimentary breakfast. The hotel is about 10 mins away from Ao Nang beach and can appear to be rather secluded, especially at night. It was a very long walk to our room and we had to cross three buildings to get into our tower.The pool isn't a great feature as it is like a long stream connecting all rooms on the ground level. Residents staying in the upper floors (ones with no direct access to the pool) may feel that they are trespassing on someone else's privacy. The dining area is bright and comfortable and there are beautiful stores, travel agents, restaurants, Indian food in the vicinity of the hotel.
Overall experience good. But perhaps next time I will look for something more happening.

Room Tip: I would book this place again only if I get a decent discount and the pool is of no consequence to m...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Khun Abhishek A,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, also your recommendation.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was perfect for our honeymoon. We were told by friends to go to Krabi. Ao Nong seemed like a fun place to be with a lot of bars and restaurants and easy access to other boating excursions which is all true! The Mercure is brand new which is not easy to come by in the town of Ao Nong. It seems that this little street will have other new hotels built within the next year.
The facility is pretty with multiple pools and very clean bedrooms. We were upgraded when we emailed the hotel ahead of time that it was our honeymoon, and we were placed at a downstairs location that lead out to a pool. The one complaint I have is that I could hear the maid and her rolling bin of towels every morning along with people walking around. I would maybe suggest a second or third floor room.

This hotel is a good 15 min walk from the town. There are tuk tuks ready to take you to the beach or the town 40-60baht. We walked a few times, took the tuk tuk other times.

Also had the hotel pick us up from the airport completely hassle free. we heard nitemares of people trying to get transportation from the airport to the correct hotel in ao nong and was very happy to have that set up for us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tennis82
Dear Khun tennis82,

Cologne, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here for one night during our search for a long-term property here in Krabi - it was peak season and we had very little choice of anywhere nice to stay. We booked a pool access room via Agoda approximately one hour before we arrived - 14:00 check in time. Our room was not ready - ok, we had booked late and understood we may need to wait a bit. We were given welcome drinks in dirty glasses, we gave them back and were given clean glasses with an apology. My husband booked in with his Accor Club card, but was not told about any benefits. We waited until 14:30, then asked about our room again. We were told it still wasn't ready. At 15:00 we were told it would be another 45 minutes!! We explained that we were only staying for one night and would therefore like to use the pool and relax, not sit in the lobby - at this point we were paying 156€ for the pleasure of nothing!! One of the receptionists kindly told me that it is impossible to have all the rooms ready in such a busy hotel - I can't say I took too kindly to his comment, if they can't provide rooms, they shouldn't advertise them, and as a customer I don't want to hear lame excuses, their inability should not be put on me, the customer!! They eventually gave us another customer's room (why didn't they do that at 14:00??).
We were finally given a room in building 2 at 15.30, directly opposite the restaurant. We asked the lady about noise, and whether there is music in the restaurant? 'No, no music' she said. Ok, as we didn't want to waste anymore time, we accepted the room and got changed.
The room was a bit worn, the furniture was marked and the bathroom, of course, had mould in the corners and around the bath seals. The plumbing made a lot of strange noises and by morning the drains in the bathroom absolutely stank.
We had two nice bathrobes, a steam iron, ironing board, kettle, 2 teabags, and two bottles of complimentary water. The outside area with steps into the pool was very nice and it was lovely to be able to hop in and out of the pool from our own seating area. The area of pool is not private and not very wide, so the people/children that swam/played were really close to us, but we knew that so it wasn't really a problem.
The restaurant was nicely decorated, we had the BBQ seafood buffet with a choice of drink, it was nice, but we thought a little pricey at 699bht each as the food and cocktails weren't especially good. Breakfast was a bit disappointing for such a large international hotel. They appear to have a large choice, but it wasn't really appealing - Thai breakfast choices were on offer along with last night's salad leftovers, mini-croissants, a nice selection of fresh bread, two choices of sliced spam, one choice of sliced processed cheese, hot dog sausages, freshly cooked omelettes, boiled eggs, and a pancake machine (which was pretty good!), and a small selection of fruit, also the same as last night's buffet. The tea and coffee was ready-made in pots, something I really dislike - I think this reflects the hotels expectations of the clientele they cater for, expecting them to steal the tea-bags, perhaps!!
Our room was noisy, noise from the rooms above as well as restaurant music until 23:00 which started again at 06:30, waking us up. My husband called to reception, but they didn't switch it off or turn it down!!
At checkout we had problems, my husband asked for the Accor points to be put on his card and was told he would have to do it himself. No! The hotel is not supposed to give the customer work to do when he leaves. So, the girl asked her colleague and then asked if we wanted the 10% discount the Accor Membership card gives - 'What do you mean we get 10% discount? On what exactly? And, why didn't you tell us when we checked in? And, what else did we miss then?' The girl was annoyed with us by this time. I do understand that Thais deal with things in a quiet manner, but we were not rude or loud at any time, however the girl of course stopped talking to us. We asked for a receipt, we were only given the restaurant receipt, so we then had to ask for another receipt for the room... It took us almost half an hour to check out!!
We weren't impressed, not with the room, the food, or the service. We wouldn't stay here again, as it's not 4* at all. I would rather try my luck at another hotel.
Lastly, the hotel is located at the end of a street so no taxis or tuk tuks are at hand, you are reliant on the hotel's shuttle service at a high price, and I would say it is at least a 10 minute walk to the main street, which would be unbearable as there is no shade along the way.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Khun AntoinetteKerrie,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations since the beginning of check in untill check out, also the room's condition; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We kind of didn't really stay here! We were only staying Ao Nang for one night, and booked it for the wrong day, but only realised once we arrived! Unfortunately the hotel was full so we slept in the hotel next door (Silver Sands)!

However, I thought it was worth writing a review, as the staff were very sympathetic and did what they could to help us. As our flight was not until 10pm in the evening, and seeing as we had paid for the room already (non-refundable) we checked in to our room for the afternoon (1 - 8pm), after a tiring morning kayaking, so we could use the lovely pool (it was too hot to explore), and have a proper bath before our evening flight. The room was lovely, even though we did not sleep in it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Khun Lisa8232,

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed three nights in Mercure and booked two rooms. The location of the hotel is good and there are plenty of tuk tuk to the night market or the airport. It is very convenient. The facilities in the hotel are good, especially the swimming pool. It is clean and big. Enjoying sunbath is a good choice there. However, the service is not good as we expected. Although the hotel provided a beach towel for each of us, it is often in shortage if you want to replace it on the second day. We have to use the same wet and sandy beach towel for the entire four days' trip. In addition, one day we met a cleaning lady in our room when we came back from the beach. We told her that the closestool leaked. However, she seemed not to understand English. Then we showed her the leaking closestool, but she still did not understand the problem. So our closestool was leaking during the entire trip. Last but not least, when we booked the rooms on the official website of accorhotels, it showed that one of our rooms has one night free and the other room has one night with 80% discount. I pre-paid the price. However, after I signed the bill at hotel and started my next trip in another Accor hotel in Asia, I was told by the membership center that my hotel coupon for two free nights were all used in Mercure. This is obvously opposite to the fact. The staff in Mercure told us that because I signed the bill which means I admitted the use of the second free night coupon. The hotel is not willing to return the second free night coupon. How can a hotel make such excuse for its mistake???? I feel so disappointed.......

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Khun Schumacher R,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations about the service and English communiation of our staffs; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Regarding the free night; we kindly ask your flavour to contact us once again if possible, then we will check and investigate the booking what it should be done.