We booked two nights at Mercure Krabi Deevana. Reservation via Accor website was simple and fast. It was also good that the hotel took the initiative to email us as well besides the confirmation letter from Accor.
Was least of our favourite experience at this property. I stood at the reception counter for a full 10 minute with no one attending to me. I know the staffs were all occupied - attending to two other guests and on the phone. But they never even bothered to acknowledge my presence. Not even an eye contact. A mere acknowledgement and a quick 'I will attend to you shortly" would have sufficed.
Finally someone attended to us but our room was not ready and we were asked to wait in the bar next door. We waited for more than an hour but it was fine.I think we were given the room key at 3ish...
We booked the ground floor pool access room with special request for a quiet room away from the pool bar. Glad to say our request was granted and we were given room 4105 (Block 4). It was a lovely room, near to the waterfall and with steps down to a small private enclave in the pool. Some pool access rooms do not have this since. Thus, ours felt even more private. Being in the building 4 it was the furthest block but the distance was not too bad. There were some kids playing in the pool but it wasn't invasive. The black-out floor to ceiling glass ensured total privacy.
There was a lovely welcome fruit platter consisting of 2 bananas and 2 mandarins. Very comprehensive toiletries. One of the largest beds I've seen!
Two issues with the room:
1. The shower water spilled over the rim of the bath each time we took a shower and it was annoying to have a fully soaked floor mat.
2. The above-mentioned fruit platter - I took one banana and was going to eat the rest later.. The next day the platter was cleared away!
It was one of the nicest hotel pools i've experienced. Very interesting with many features like waterfall, jacuzzi, 'beach' area by the pool bar you can even lounge around in the pool drinking cocktails (amazingly cheap!)... At night this section has lit up underwater lights so it looked so pretty.. Like stars.
I was pleasantly surprise by how much I liked the breakfast after some negative comments on the breakfast served here in previous TA reviews. There was a good spread with changes to the hot food. Pastries admittedly was sub-standard but there was a good spread of other things to choose from.
This is the only main negative about this hotel. There is no beach and it is in the middle of nothing... There are 2 massage shops, bars, groceries but you will need to walk fair bit to get to the main road towards the beach. It was too hot for us to walk so we took the tuk2 and it was no longer THB20/pax. We did take the hotel 'shuttle' when we departed to go on to another hotel by the beach. Pleasantly surprise that the 'shuttle' was actually a nice hotel car and not a tuk2.
Overall, I will definitely return if I ever revisit Krabi. Definitely for the pool access room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang offers chic accommodation in contemporary low-rise buildings located a short distance from Ao Nang Beach. With 213 stylish rooms and suites, each with a private balcony, you can enjoy the resort's excellent facilities and benefit from gracious and personalized service from the welcoming Deevana team. The brand new resort features an exceptional restaurant and bars, three outdoor swimming pools, a kid's pool, a restful and rejuvenating spa, and outstanding meetings and events facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Hotel Ao Nang
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang Ao Nang