“Great location and value”

Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang
Ranked #5 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
San Francisco, California
“Great location and value”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Ao Nang in general is pretty crowded but this resort puts you close enough to all of the action but far enough so you get some privacy. The rooms were clean and updated, the staff was very nice but busy (Im not sure if they are always running around or if it was because of the Thai New Year), the pool and restaurant were average. Best thing about the resort were the nice rooms the worst thing about the resort was the food- we ordered "cheese fries" as an appetizer at the pool and we got a nice surprise of greasy fried mozzarella... Howerver, there are a lot of eating options in Ao Nang so definitely wouldnt deter me from visiting the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Teerasak K, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Khun Leslie S,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. I am sorry for the misunderstanding about the food; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Mecure Krabi exceeded every expectation. We arrived early in the morning on the day of our check in and the front desk seated us, gave us internet access codes, checked us in and moved us to a room that would be ready soon. The staff responded to our every request within minutes of it being made. On our last day, we let the front desk know that we were leaving late in the afternoon. Without our asking, they asked if we wanted a late check out. The property is a 10 min walk from AoNang Beach. We found the location to be great! The room was very nice and clean. The pool look amazing, although we did not use it. I will return on my next visit to Krabi! Thanks for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Khun cagrl2013,

We very much appreciate your comments during your stay here with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, also nice to know that you have fantastic stay.

Johor Bahru
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here only for 2 nights. Hotel staffs are super friendly. They great us every times no matter is going up the stairs or passing by at the corridor. There's a staff brought us to the room and explained to us everything very detail and patient. I do not know her name only know she is from Poland.

Hotel room is clean but you may need to prepare mosquito paste ^^. It takes about 15 mins walk from hotel to reach the beach. Don't worry for those bringing little children & eldery. The thoughtful hotel has shuttle bus fetching you but is only ONE way. You need to take "Tutu" from beach back to hotel. It costs only 60 to 80 baht per trip. The hotel has a kids club which you may leave your darling there and enjoy your personal time. The room fill with toys with caregiver to look after your darling. They are so thoughtful, right?

For those who like shopping, there are few shopping mall at town area. I booked from hotel 2 ways to Tesco Lotus for 4 hours and it costs me 1400 baht. Hmm.. seriously, nothing special from Tesco.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Khun icy1122,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We booked two nights at Mercure Krabi Deevana. Reservation via Accor website was simple and fast. It was also good that the hotel took the initiative to email us as well besides the confirmation letter from Accor.

CHECK-IN
Was least of our favourite experience at this property. I stood at the reception counter for a full 10 minute with no one attending to me. I know the staffs were all occupied - attending to two other guests and on the phone. But they never even bothered to acknowledge my presence. Not even an eye contact. A mere acknowledgement and a quick 'I will attend to you shortly" would have sufficed.
Finally someone attended to us but our room was not ready and we were asked to wait in the bar next door. We waited for more than an hour but it was fine.I think we were given the room key at 3ish...

ROOM
We booked the ground floor pool access room with special request for a quiet room away from the pool bar. Glad to say our request was granted and we were given room 4105 (Block 4). It was a lovely room, near to the waterfall and with steps down to a small private enclave in the pool. Some pool access rooms do not have this since. Thus, ours felt even more private. Being in the building 4 it was the furthest block but the distance was not too bad. There were some kids playing in the pool but it wasn't invasive. The black-out floor to ceiling glass ensured total privacy.
There was a lovely welcome fruit platter consisting of 2 bananas and 2 mandarins. Very comprehensive toiletries. One of the largest beds I've seen!
Two issues with the room:
1. The shower water spilled over the rim of the bath each time we took a shower and it was annoying to have a fully soaked floor mat.
2. The above-mentioned fruit platter - I took one banana and was going to eat the rest later.. The next day the platter was cleared away!

THE POOL
It was one of the nicest hotel pools i've experienced. Very interesting with many features like waterfall, jacuzzi, 'beach' area by the pool bar you can even lounge around in the pool drinking cocktails (amazingly cheap!)... At night this section has lit up underwater lights so it looked so pretty.. Like stars.

BREAKFAST
I was pleasantly surprise by how much I liked the breakfast after some negative comments on the breakfast served here in previous TA reviews. There was a good spread with changes to the hot food. Pastries admittedly was sub-standard but there was a good spread of other things to choose from.

LOCATION
This is the only main negative about this hotel. There is no beach and it is in the middle of nothing... There are 2 massage shops, bars, groceries but you will need to walk fair bit to get to the main road towards the beach. It was too hot for us to walk so we took the tuk2 and it was no longer THB20/pax. We did take the hotel 'shuttle' when we departed to go on to another hotel by the beach. Pleasantly surprise that the 'shuttle' was actually a nice hotel car and not a tuk2.

Overall, I will definitely return if I ever revisit Krabi. Definitely for the pool access room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MelKualaLumpur
Dear Khun MelKualaLumpur,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay here. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations about check in, the shower and fruit platter; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

When we first arrived, the hotel was warm. The staff were nice, although they don't really speak English very clearly, but they were helpful. Our room was with pool view and it was nice and clean. Pretty spacious, both the bedroom and bathroom. It was decent for the price. The overall design of the hotel and the room was picturesque, modern, not too traditional (this is not the right hotel if you're looking for local culture ambience). They have a nice bar, a nice restaurant (that offered Valentine's day dinner when we were there for decent price - 700 THB per person, now I regret that I did not take pictures of the grilled seafood), and nice swimming pool.

I would definitely suggest people to stay at this hotel because it's affordable, decent for the price, at walking distance to the Ao Nang beach, besides there are a lot of convenience stores around, restaurants, cafes, and it's so easy to find tuktuk to go to the beach (35 THB), although you can reach the beach by 15 mins walking.

Just a tip, please expect slow service if you need to check out or other service very early in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing west so you don't have to deal with the harsh sun ray in the afternoon...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Khun titatutu,

We thank you for your stay and the positive comments as we are very appreciated. Your recommendation regarding the English speaking staff and slow service during checking out will be shared with our team for the improvment.

Also, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 9 days during our trip to Ao nang. Reserved a pool room and was delighted by what we received. I would highly recommend asking for Block 4, and preferably room 409/410 these are in the far corner and give you a much more peaceful experience. We never ate at the hotel, but the staff everywhere were excellent. The hotel was very clean and looked fantastic. Location was perfect, few mins stroll into ao nang strip. Would recommend

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure and happy to receive positive feedback, especially you have enjoy our pool access room.

Thailand
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a nice 4-star property in a good spot in Krabi.

Ao Nang is the main beach in Krabi and Mercure is tucked right into the street away from the main road. It's slightly further in than other hotels, but on the walk in is mini-marts, restaurants, little push-carts selling snacks so it makes the walk rather interesting.

You can walk out to the main road where it's a 10 minutes trek to the beachfront for more restaurants, shops etc, and if you turn right upon reaching the main road, there is Wang Sai seafood restaurant which has really great local food. Some of the restaurants offer pickup service from the resort which is great so check with them for the list of recommendations.

Rooms wise this is a cosy space, personally do not like showers built into the bathtub, but at least they have a handheld shower. Small bathroom but to be fair I came from Phuket where I spent a couple of nights in a larger than usual room so it took getting used to.

Check-in was pleasant and staff was friendly and helpful, gave plenty of tips about the area, gave a walking tour of the resort and escorted us to our room personally.

Beds were comfy, love the little sofa area at the side with the movable coffee table that acts like a desk. I had a view of the pool and the mountains beyond. Right from the corridor from the 4th floor I had a great view of the sunset into the trees.

No bedroom slippers though their toiletries smelled really good. They placed toothbrushes in the rooms too which was great, as some other 5-stars make it on request only.

Breakfast was at Kingfisher restaurant, go early to avoid the heat. Food variety was good, enough for our 2 nights' stay. Only gripe was the 2nd day we met with a large meeting group and suddenly it felt like the lights were blacked out as the crowded descended into the breakfast area. Super long queues and people looking around for seats, walking to and fro. The influx of people made the area even hotter than it was already.

Would recommend this resort for guests looking for convenient location, easy accessiblity to restaurant /shopping options. Rooms are comfortable and everything you need and at a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Khun PrinCessPraze,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, also the recommendation.