We spent 5 nights at this hotel in July 2014 in a family room (2 adults, 2 kids aged 5 &6). From the moment we arrived the friendly staff were lovely, they walked us to our room and showed us the facilities (even though it was almost midnight). The room was great, the kids loved the bunk beds which even had a soft toy on each one and came with a tv and playstation in the kids area. The bed was comfortable although pillows too soft (which seems common in Asia we found). The pools were nice, somehow the fountain and spa seemed to be off when we were in there, must be a timing thing. The restaurant was great, we thought the buffet breakfast was delicious and we really appreciated the chef making Gluten Free bread and muffins for our daughter who cant eat gluten. I was amazed at the mini baguette that i had to ask the chef if it really was gluten free. I didn't believe it until he showed me the bags of GF flour. Seriously this was the best gluten free bread we have ever tried, even here in Australia. WELL DONE! The other meals we ate there were nice too, the pizza at the Italian buffet was great. Not sure about the green creme brulee though??
On our last night it was my birthday and we went out for dinner. Upon returning to our room we found a little cake with happy birthday written on it sitting on our coffee table. I was so surprised i went to reception to ask where it was from (thinking it was my husband). It turned out to be from the hotel. That really was lovely, thanks again Mercure.
The location was also great, it was not on the main road, but the road we were on had everthing you needed and was only a 2 minute walk away.
The sea kayak trip the hotel booked for us (Sea Kayak Krabi) was excellent too.
Overall i couldn't have been happier with the hotel, room and service. (and i dont always say that of the hotels we stay at)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang offers chic accommodation in contemporary low-rise buildings located a short distance from Ao Nang Beach. With 213 stylish rooms and suites, each with a private balcony, you can enjoy the resort's excellent facilities and benefit from gracious and personalized service from the welcoming Deevana team. The brand new resort features an exceptional restaurant and bars, three outdoor swimming pools, a kid's pool, a restful and rejuvenating spa, and outstanding meetings and events facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Hotel Ao Nang
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang Ao Nang