Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang
Ranked #8 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Mercure was undoubtedly value for money. There is no complain about the room, food, amenities or anything else. It is not at the beach, but it takes only a tuktuk ride to get into the hotspot of Krabi. My only problem would be the staff. No one tries to talk or connect to the guest. Not at the reception, room service, restaurants; so the hospitality was pretty cold from their end. please work on it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Teerasak K, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Khun Hopeless R,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, also the recommendation about the connection between staff and guests.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,012)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very nice property . Great location and a nice hotel. Brand new property. Service sucks...probably the Mercure management...stingy and mediocre...no delegation to staff. On checkout they made me wait fpr 10 minutes and informed that a laundry bag was missing and wanted me to pay for it...terrible...not seen this anywhere in the world...Laundry bag !!

Room Tip: Pool access room is great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Khun Kash8813,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have just stayed at the Mercure for just over 2 weeks. We had a great time. We have 2 small kids aged 5 and 2 yrs and they absolutely loved the pool! The rooms were really nice and modern. The cleaning staff were efficient and friendly. We first stayed for about a week in a deluxe room with a bath as my kids love having a bath. However the bath was really difficult to get into and out of. This included trying to turn the taps on and off. I think any slightly more mature person would have difficulty getting into and out of it. The bath mat they provide slipped every time my kids tried to get out of the bath on their own. Also the plug didn't work so we had to manually try and pull it out (its the turn the knob to make it go up and down kind) which was kind of difficult as you only have access to half the bath (the other half is shielded by plate glass). we did call maintenance but they weren't able to fix the problem. The second week we stayed in a room with just a shower which was also lovely.
The breakfast was substantial and good quality food but the coffee was terrible! We found all the staff very helpful and great with the kids. Not all spoke good English but it never hindered us.
The pool is more of a mote pool rather than the traditional big round pool. it has 5 different pool which are connected. these have differing depths and differing designs and were a highlight for us. there was one where lap swimming was possible which also had an attached Jacuzzi style pool. The pool we mainly used was about waist height for my kids and so i was able to sit on the side of the pool and even read (!!!) which i watched my kids playing in the pool with their armbands on. this was a massive plus for us to know they were able to play and to not have to constantly be in there with them. They had a blast.

One downside was we were charged for breaking a glass and an ashtray in the room. my kids knocked them over by accident. I have never been charged for accidental breakages and were were charged something like 6GBP for this honour! I was a little upset by this.

location was great, a short walk to everywhere really. The hotel is quiet as its at the end of a small street which we really liked. All in all we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with young children and older ones too. We would love to go back!

Room Tip: I would avoid the pool rooms in block 2 as they were opposite the restaurant. Any of the rooms apar...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Khun Jo G,

We very much appreciate to know that you have a great time here at Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive & negative feedback, especially the bathtub & bath mat, also the broken item charged.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Hotel was clean and comfortable to stay in. Towels provided and bottle of water each day. Has a small fridge which is very handy in such a warm climate. The location was good as was at the end of a quiet street off the main road. Was a little bit of a walk to the beach to get a long boat out to nicer beaches (railay and phra nang) but as we were on holiday, it was not a problem. We were only around pool on last day, it doesn't always have the sun, but if going for fantastic beaches then it is a good base. Eating in hotel is quite expensive compared to local prices however there are plenty of places nearby to eat. The plugs all take European or American plugs but also British plugs which was handy.
Could not fault particularly for the price we paid.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlasgowGal123
Teerasak K, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Khun GlasgowGal123,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The service at Mercure Krabi was top notch! My other half and myself had a wonderful and pleasant stay at Krabi. The hotel personnel helped me with special arrangements to celebrate a special day during my stay. Kudos to the Mercure team!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Dear Khun Daniel T,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Krabi Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, especially when we know that you have a wonderful time & pleasant stay here.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Pros: Nice hotel room, clean and modern, if you want peace and quiet I suggest staying in a block that is at the far end as the pool is always busy and filled with children.

Cons: The rest of the hotel wasn't maintained as well as I had expected. The hotel is infested with lizards and insects (even some cockroaches) which we had pointed out on various occasions however the staff did not seem bothered at all. On arrival we found a large cockroach on the floor in the centre of the lobby and the staff had no intention of removing until I made it clear that it bothered me, we later found that during the night we would walk through the hotel and find a countless amount of lizards around the walls, it was not a pleasant sight. The hotel also needs to recruit some staff that speak adequate English. We tried to communicate with the staff several times and none seemed to be able to respond to any of our queries, instead they nodded and giggled as they had no idea what we were asking them.

We booked this hotel as it had been listed one of the top 5 hotels in Krabi. We read some mixed reviews about the hotel and thought we would take a chance but I expect a lot more from a Mercure hotel! I think in the future I will give this hotel a miss.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Teerasak K, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Khun 89RPatel,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here quite some time ago.

We liked the room, the spa, the cafe, and the restaurant. The location was somewhat remote but still manageable and a tuk tuk ride away from most attractions.

When we left, we were charged for using the laundry bag, it was simple cotton bag and we have never experienced this anywhere else. That was probably the only negative to the trip.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Teerasak K, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Khun glamite,

In the same time, we are sorry regarding the chargeable laundry cotton bag. Actually, using only is not chargeable unless the guest take away or bring back home. It is recycle item as we try to save the environment, not to use plastic bag that normally there is no charge anyhow.