“Amazing value for money - close to everything!!”

Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa
Ranked #8 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 21 March 2012

found the hotel absolutely superb value for money. Read some reviews on here about not great location, breakfast not enough variety, building works visible etc etc

I say thats ridiculous, 5 mins of walking and you're at Ao Nang beach where you can either get long tail boats to islands, get picked up for Speedboat tours (RECOMMENDED) or just utilise the beach for what it is....it is almost a perfect location as those 5 minutes are important to distance yourself from the hustle, especially during the evening and provides a very pleasent walk back from dinner in the evening...

I found the room to be of excellent quality - coming from a guy who lived in a 5* hotel in Abu Dhabi for close to 2 years where 5* really means 5*. this is a very good 4* hotel!

The pool is somewhat small but 1) not too small and b) big enough to get a decent spot - however, if you're spending the money to come to this location you really should be utilising everyday to get to the other islands - Bamboo island is the most beautiful beach you can imagine!! Koh Phi Phi is too busy for my liking...

In general a FANTASTIC hotel and somewhere I will definietely be going back to...no more building works anymore and is a very well kept property...Go for a pool view room if you can, very nice to utilise the balcony overlooking the pool when it chucks it down - which will happen once a day no matter what time of year!!! ENJOY

Room Tip: Pool view room very much recommended, looks like the Pool access rooms weren't much different, a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Terrell_86

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed for 14 days in this beautiful hotel. It has a nice open lobby/bar area, and a nice ,but cramped,closed in swimmingpool. At arrival we were welcomed very friendly with a cold towel and a drink, and escorted to our room. We stayed in a gardenview room at the back of the hotel were we overlooked another hotel but could see the mountains. The room was nice with a very comfortable bed,but the airco was very loud and did wake us up from time to time. If you like to sleep in than this might not be your hotel since(although we were situated at he end of the corridor) there was a lot of noise in the morning from slamming doors and roommaids talking through walkie-talkies in front of our door. The daily roomcleaning was very basic,seemed not to be much more than changing the towels,making the bed and and swiping the floor. The same toothpaste stains in the bathroom have been there the full 2 weeks. I complained once because the bathroom seemed not to have been cleaned at all. The receptionist send someone to the room but did not say he was sorry.(and the toothpaste stains stayed ...) WIFI is free but we never had a connection in our room(4501)so we used the lobby,which was ok for us. Breakfast was fine but needed more variety. Like anothother reviewer already remarked: it had a bit of a holidaycampy feeling although the breakfast area (Palmcourt Restaurant)is beautiful. Unlike some other reviewers we found the buffet being refilled all the time.The spa is not a full spa but the facials were very good. My husband found his massage ok,but for massages better go to "Feel Good" opposite the hotel for better and cheaper options. The staff was very friendly(a bit less at the poolbar).During checkout and during leaving the hotel,nobody asked if we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anitavhb
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My partner, some friends and I stayed here and we all loved it. The rooms were stunning especially if you can get pool access. I was a bit nervous when people described it as "nice" as it is such a bland word however I was pleasantly surprised. The food was fantastic, the little apple pies at the coffee bar were delicious, the restaurant menu had excellent choices and the cheese and ham sandwich from room service was excellent. We stayed in 4 different hotels in Thailand and this was the best by far. Service wasn't fantastic however I found this everywhere in Thailand so this was no different. The pool was great, the same depth everywhere. As this hotel is new there are cheaper deals just now so get in quick before prices rise!!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in room 5103 when we celebrated my birthday in Krabi. The reception was okay, we had our welcome drink and cooling wet towel and we were shown to our room. Good view of the swimming pool with pool access..I like it a lot..basic room facilities..no bath robes, sleeping slippers, ironing boards were provided in the room. The shower head shrieked like crazy with inconsistent temperature changes, which was really irritating..the air con was super loud, which affected our sleep through the night..
We saw on trip advisor and wanted to try Laanlay Seafood, and to our horror, the reception kept pushing us to try this Lae Lay Seafood, probably this restaurant ties in with the hotel and they are earning commission out of this!
The spa was good, we had our scrub and massage in our room. Service was fantastic. We enjoyed the whole session comfortably in our room.
Overall, this hotel is okay..I will not consider staying in here again..there are more dislikes than likes of amenities/service here..

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Trisa82
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The hotel is very beautiful but seems quite cramped, as if they wanted to have everything at the hotel but had to put one thing on top of the other. As my husband and I arrived I was greeted with a drink and a wet towel but my husband, who was checking in, was not.

Getting to our room, after the first impression of seeing a very spacious area, we started to notice a few things out of place. We had a fruit platter with some fruit that were going off (we didn't even unpack it); the headboard of the bed had a huge stain on it, the wooden table on the balcony was sticky and had hair on it and our minibar had a half eaten sandwich in it and an opened drink. Clearly our room was not cleaned properly since we also didn't have toilet paper and every time they replaced it was because we requested it, as they never brought two rolls.

Also, during our whole stay (3 days), there was construction going on at the hotel. That certainly added to the stress since my husband was quite sick and could not leave the room. I inquired at the front desk about a doctor and all they did was to give me a card and never asked me if we were having a good stay or if we needed help.

One night we asked for the menu for room service and once we had it and were about to order, someone knocked on our door with another menu, saying they had given us the wrong one. The new menu was reduced and much more expensive.

Also, when my husband could go downstairs for lunch we have decided to eat at the hotel, since he wasn't feeling 100%. It turns out they were doing some very loud repairs at the restaurant as well! We tried to sit as far as we could. Our waitress was coughing all over the place and seemed very bored and frustrated.

Breakfast is another story. Everyday there was not enough food and most things were not replaced at all. We only had bread, cheese and ham everyday as the rest was always finished (and we didn't have breakfast late).

The place has potential but I wouldn't choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the swimming pool. The garden view is way nicer, it's less noisy and you...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tat v
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here in January for our fourth wedding anniversary. I e-mailed the hotel before to make sure they could do something special for us, the only thing I got when I arrived was the 'fruit platter' which was sorta going off when I got there, leaving me wondering if I was the first person to receive this fruit platter. Second thing, that faulted was that when we opened the minibar, I found a half eaten sandwich in the mini-bar and an unfinished soda lying there. 3rd thing that faulted was that because they were in a rush they forgot to leave some toilet paper for when we went to the loo.
Overall the hotel is huge, new and beautiful, but I feel that the service is lacking still and something that could be worked on.
I managed to get Traveler's diarrhea when I was in Krabi, and was bed ridden for the 3 days that we were in the hotel, we told the hotel staff that I was not feeling well that I needed a doctor, all they gave was a card, they did not offer to call, and when I checked out all they wanted to do was settle the account, never even asked if I was feeling better. This left me with a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth regarding this hotel. I will not recommend, the hotel, it has got so much potential, but I feel the management is heading in the wrong direction.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool, very noisy during the day.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jac321
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My first visit to this hotel. Very central location in a Aonang. Close to massage, restaurants, bars and beach. My room has pool view on the fifth floor, and very nice and clean. The hotel has very basic facilities but a fairly nice pool with good layout. The breakfast is average. The spa is not very useful. We drove here and the carpark has limited parking lots. I may visit it again next time.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for pool view or access. It is definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends