“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #7 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We did lots of research on locations and hotels afte our daughters went to Thailand. This hotel was gorgeous, the food excellent, the staff so friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, good access to Ao Nang beach and Nopparat Thara beach, town, shops, and restuarants and all in easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Just speak to reception if you have any difficulties.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lynn f
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear lynn f,

Great to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us. I am very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel, the food, the friendly and helpful staff as well as the location.

The entire team and I send you our best wishes across to Taunton, Massachusetts, in the hope to have you soon back again. That would be indeed fantastic.

General Manager - Centara Anda Dhevi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I would like to highlight the fact that I recently spent 6 nights here with my husband, and we submitted a review on the second night of our disappointing stay. The general manager did not respond to our review, and since then the review appears to have been removed from tripadvisor!

We had a bad experience, and will never stay with Centara again. After submitting our review, we managed to speak to the general manager on day 3, and he expressed him sympathies regarding our bad experience. We told him that we had received old stained towels with ragged edges on our first 2 days - he apologised and said that he would ensure we were given new towels. Housekeeping was poor, and he also therefore offered to discuss with his head housekeeper to have our room thoroughly cleaned. Following this, the room was a lot cleaner, but that night we found what we thought was a cockroach on the bedroom floor! Staff from reception kindly came to assist us in removing this from the room, and he informed us it was in fact a large beetle (very large!). The manager Sven invited us to the buffet BBQ during the week, and we accepted this invitation. Unfortunately even this deserves a negative review. I had to leave some of the BBQ chicken on my plate, as it was clearly raw. Lucky that I did, otherwise I may also have suffered with food poisoning.

In addition, my husband also had his wedding ring stolen from our room! Unfortunately we only discovered this at the time we had to leave for the airport. We telephoned reception twice to report this and check the room, and we were informed that the ring had not been found. My husband had left his ring in the safe - thorough housekeeping was therefore not such a good idea!

This was our honeymoon trip of a lifetime, and it ended in disaster. I cannot understand all the positive reviews on here, and will be very weary of using tripadvisor in future if reviews will be screened by owners and negative reviews removed!!! I await an explanation.

A disappointing hotel, with poor customer service. AVOID if you want to enjoy your holiday and spend your hard-earned money wisely. There are other hotels more centrally placed, which offer much better customer service. I know as I have stayed in Ao nang previously back in 2008. We did so much research and feel that the reviews on tripadvisor about this hotel completely mis-led us. Don't let the same happen to you!!! I have often taken poor reviews with a pinch of salt, but this experience will make me think very differently.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank billycat786
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear billycat786,

Thank you for your feedback.

Without going into details of all your comments, it becomes evident that we were at none stage able to live up to your standards, which I deeply regret.

General Manager – Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi
nygirl437
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I do extensive research before deciding on a hotel. After reading other reviews and looking at photos, I decided to book here. It was a great decision! The staff was so friendly from the moment we checked in. Our room was ready and upon arrival to our room it felt like home. We had a great view from our room on the top floor that over looked the pool. The beds were a little hard but I was still jet-lagged from my journey that I had no issues sleeping. There is a great little market across the street where we got ice cream and snacks to eat. About a 15 minute walk to downtown and the beach.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear nygirl437,

Thank you for your feedback given. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, the room, the friendly staff and the surrounding.

We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again. Until then we send our best wishes across to you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Been here for a week with my partner on the 8-14 of March, and I can say despite seeing us every single day the staff never fails to greet us with a smile! For the room and amenities wise, it was top notch as well. The room was spacious and clean upon our arrival, and they will never hesitate to give your room a "cleaning" whenever you call for room service. Location wise, it's right smack in the middle of the beach and night market so to be honest you can never be bored here! Food was great, staffs here just makes it better and lastly the ambience of the hotel was spectacular!
Well done Centara!
Kudos to the Staff over there as well! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Muffinloard,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel facilities, the staff and our location.

Knowing that Singapore is only a "stone's throw way" it is my hope, that we will have you back soon again. Until we meet again "khob khun krub" and best wishes to Singapore.

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a great vacation,
Comfortable rooms particularly the one w the pool access . amazing service and excellent food - especially chef MEK modest man who cooks excellent food (more than any 5 Stars hotel) in addition I want to thank the representative of the PR Roselyn who was polite and nice and gave a feeling of home away from home.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: ask for the room w the pool access - so cool and easy
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Shunit H,

There is no better way than to start the week with such a encouraging feedback of yours, and thank you for sharing it with us. Khun Mak is thrilled by your comment and will serve definitely as a great motivation. Even though Khun Rosalyn is no longer with us, I am sure she will be delighted reading your comment here.

The entire team and I look forward welcoming you back, hopefully not too far from now.

Jyvaskyla, Finland
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Check in was quick and the lobby was wonderful. I feel like we got abit luck with the room. We got a room on building 2 on the fourth floor. The balcony had 2 sunbeds out in the sun the entire day so incase you didnt get a good sunbed out at the pool you didnt need to worry. It seemed like there were only a few such rooms at the resort. Room was otherwise spacious with the best bed so far and silent nights (didnt need to use earplugs!)
The pool area did feel abit crowded, and while the resort seems to have been built to maximise the amount of sun reaching the pool area the entire day (or lucky coincidence) some days it was difficult to find an available sunbed that was out in the sun and wasnt taken. However, after the first few days the guy working at the pool changed and the latter did seem to start removing towels of people who had not used their sunbed for a while. This is an extreme plus in my books, and difficult to find in Thailand it seems...
Prices at the lobby and pool bars were reasonable. I just wish places would include the service tax and VAT in the price but that doesnt seem to be typical in Thailand... There was happy hour at the lobby bar from 17-19 everyday where if you bought one drink you would get another for free. I felt that this was great value. Also the singer combo that started after six to play live music were really wonderful and talented! Mad props to them.
Breakfast was very good for the price of the resort, they changed a few things daily and i appreciated the fluctuation.
Staff were very great! Super friendly and always smiling. Especially the cleaning women and the man working at the reception (forgot to look at the name).
Internet speeds were good and the connection for us atleast was strong.
Location was good with what I felt were some of the best street food in ao nang close by and everything else a cheap tuk tuk ride away. No bars close by so no loud music playing at night.
Would definatley stay again if we go to ao nang again, which was nice and family friendly, but seems that 80% of the people there are white tourists which is abit meh! :D

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Lauriama,

Nice to hear back from you and thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to read that you had a superb stay at our property and that you enjoyed our facilities and service given. Our employees, and our musicians are delighted by your comments.

It is my hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the near future. Until then we send you our best wishes to Jyvaskyla, Finland.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights as part of our honeymoon. I cannot praise the staff enough as they are all so welcoming. Rooms are spacious and spotless with the comfiest pillows ive ever slept on. Pool was lovely with the swim up bar. Restaurant was great and not particularly expensive. Happy hour on cocktails was great way to start your evenings. We had a massage in the spa which i would highly recommend. Location is spot on walking distance to some nice pubs and restaurants.
Will definitely recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lozbozboo
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Lozbozboo,

What a wonderful review and thank you for sharing it with us. The entire team is thrilled by your comments, and in particular the kitchen and Spa. I am very pleased to learn that you such a nice honeymoon while staying with us.

We all look forward having you back soon again, then with a newly refurbished Lobby bar and a new menu at Palm Court restaurant.

Until we meet again "khob khun krub" and best wishes to Manchester, United Kingdom.