“Beautiful & comfort stay!!”

Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa
Ranked #8 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Beautiful & comfort stay!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

1st time to krabi,stayed here for 4D 3N,great ambiance hotel,friendly and sincere frontdesk girls.Check in was fast.Room was clean,aircond was cold and great decor.No complains on the room.Buffet breakfast was ok,but if more variety will be better.We enjoyed happy hour in the lounge bar too.We will definitely come back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear DPKW8813,

We are so pleased by the fact that you enjoyed your stay with us, the room, breakfast, and our happy hour, and thank you for sharing it with us.

We all look forward having you back soon again. For now we send our best wishes to Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan - Malaysia.

General Manager - Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Thailand
Reviewed 10 June 2014

we booked in advance 3 month before for 3 rooms and arrived with 3 mature couples by car at 2pm, painfully slow check in process around 30minutes, we felt like in an assesment center.
one couple had to wait another 2 hours to get their poolaccess room which are the highest priced.

the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, but we had no view, just a wooden wall around 5m in front,
fully equipped, big safe which holds a 15" laptop and big flatscreen tv with international programs, the free wifi could not be accessed from any point at the hotel!!!!!!
the breakfast buffet is awesome and the service there very good, rooms were not made up by 4pm but done later when we where out for diner,
an advertised happy hour at the bar served only a few drinks buy one get one free so our 6pax party had to divide or pay full price for their choice, we left the place.
I had a nice surprise on my birthday, a lovely birthday cake at my room from the management, thanks for that.
the car park attendants did a great job and moved our cars as the space was never enough.
the check out procedure was again very slowly with that silly paperwork.
a good place but I'm sure Centara can perform much better

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear magmur,

Thank you for your feedback given. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the overall; however, your comments in the different areas have not been unnoticed and shared with all head's of department responsible. I am surprised to read that wifi was not accessable within the entire property, as we upgraded the system just recently and no other guest's have had such difficulties of not getting connected at all. Out of experience often it is a configuration issue that our IT supervisor would be glad to assist.
I would, however, like to learn more about the happy hour experience and please contact me directly via hotel email address, in order for me to understand better the issue.

I do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the near future, and to making up on the points raised by you where possible.

Warm regards from amazing Thailand,

Newton-Le-Willows, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We traveled by taxi from centara karon phuket because we wanted two full days in krabi rather than boat schedules £180 return and worth every penny. A scenic route but 3.5 hours long. The hotel is in a side street with a couple of small shops and restaurants over the road.
The hotel itself has an impressive foyer and well organised check-in with friendly staff. We arrived early before our room was ready so we just asked for towels and got on with our day. The pool has a small children's slide, plenty of Sun lounges, bar and a BBQ serving burgers etc late afternoon. The hotel foyer, restaurant and rooms are all quite spacious but the pool area is small and quite cramped. We only ate breakfast in the hotel and that was exceptional we had the best breakfast here than any other on our travels in Thailand.
overall a lovely clean hotel in a great quiet location.
Left out of the hotel then right and a short walk you will find the port were many boat trips are on offer I can highly recommend railey beach. Not as crowded as other trips and a stunning location. walk in land about the center of the beach down a walk way with bars and shops and you will find monkeys.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms with own gate direct to the pool
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kath c
Dear kath c,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am pleased to learn that you appreciated the hotel's facilities and the service given, including our breakfast.

I do hope there will be a "Welcome back" with you and your family in not too far distance for another well deserved holiday of yours.

Until we meet again "khob khun krub" and best wishes to Merseyside, North West England - United Kingdom.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here during work annual trip in September last year and it was one of the nicest hotel I have stayed in. The room was so clean and bright, my roommate and I loved it there! We spent quite an amount of time in the pool too! Would come back if I can!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 255060Shu
Dear 255060Shu,

Great to hear back from you, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to see that your stay has been a pleasant one and that you loved it.

It is my hope that we will have you back soon again, hopefully then for leisure and not for work. Until then our best wishes go to beautiful Penang Island - Malaysia.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We chose this hotel for its name and location. Plus, we saw good reviews, and with the awesome pricing, we could not resist. It was our last leg for our honeymoon, after our return from another South East Asian city just the day before. So you can imagine we were quite tired but still were hoping for a good time to rest and relax. We were surprised that the service was lacking in this hotel.

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. On the first day that we arrived, we noted several other guests checking in and/or out as the lobby was quite packed. Thankfully the gentlemen staff noted us standing around and was kind enough to ask us to take a seat first, and offered welcome drinks. Thumbs up for that, but unfortunately, there was an insect in my husband's drink.

When we were called to check ourselves in, there was no receptionist at our desk, the caucasian lady was showing the other guests to their room, so another receptionist took over her place. That was good, or so we thought. When I said to the lady that we were here for our honeymoon, the other receptionist was already back by then and was standing around too and heard us. None of them said anything nice and just gave faint smiles. That wasn't what we expected for a Centara hotel. Clearly, we were surprised.

We were showed to our room and the amenities in it - that was a welcoming touch. However, we thought they should do better than to give us a safe with a broken lock. The door was also annoyingly difficult to open and close too. Again, another not so pleasant surprise.

Housekeeping seemed terribly busy. We called for room slippers upon checking the room out, and had to wait for at least half an hour and another phone call, before they gave it to us. Still forgivable. However, we felt that the attention to detail was not there. As we wanted to have relaxing days, we chose to have a ride out around Ao Nang after breakfast, on our rented motorbike and come back to wash up and rest before heading out again. Housekeeping wanted to clean up the room even though we were there at that time and my husband was using the toilet. So, alright, we let them in, and us being there perhaps made them seem to have to rush. In their hurry, after getting tips too, they forgot to replace one beach towel, the glass (from our welcome drinks) was not cleaned, and the very next day, both beach towels were not replaced, and they forgot the bathroom mat too. We told the lady, which we suspect did not really understand what we said, that the toilet had a terrible stench (seems to do with the flushing), but the smell was still there every day. We also noticed they do not clean the balcony, which had dead insects as well as lizard droppings. Not a very pleasant sight so we used it to mainly dry our wet clothes and swimwear.

Overall, I think the receptionists could really do with a more hospitable approach. We asked about airport transfers - all she asked was how many persons were there and then said that it would cost us both 800 baht. Did not bother to ask us when we were leaving, or by when we should confirm with them, so we decided against taking it. When I went back to the room and read the details in the hotel profile, it stated there were two options for the transfer. When we also asked the receptionist to help us call a number which was going to pick us up, she showed an annoyed face and said, but your letter stated 3 pm you should wait here. Yes, we clearly knew that, but we needed her help us call that number to confirm, as we had problems doing it ourselves. She should have at least asked us what our room number was and that she will give us a call, once they arrive.

One good point we have to say is that when we were about to ride out the following morning, our bike seats were very wet from the rain and having seen me trying to wipe them, with my hands, the male staff came over with a towel to wipe the seats dry, and proceeded to do the same for the other bikes around. Two thumbs up for that kind of attention to detail. Sorry to say we did not get his name.

Another good point: Breakfast spread was quite good - love the fresh bread and croissants. However, again, we noted that the female service staff could do better with more genuine warm smiles and service.

Nice hotel with seemingly beautiful architectural design on the outside, but lacking of warmth on the inside. We were very disappointed.

Room Tip: Try asking for pool view rooms, ours was facing another hotel resort. Not a very nice view at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CTJem
Dear CTJem,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. With concern I read your comments of the overall experience, and without going into all the details, I would like to apologies for the missing attention you were expecting. It is feedback such as yours that will help us to better our service where possible, and you may rest assured that this has been shared among the respective head of departments.

I trust that this will not stop you from coming back and that we will have a chance in making up for the shortfalls.

Until then we send our best wishes across your way to Singapore.

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My partner and I were here for 5 nights and had a fantastic stay.

Room

We liked our room very much, the decor was tasteful and original. There was a safe to keep out valuables and the air con was comfortable. Guests have the option to have their sheets and/or towels changed on a daily basis, which is good for the environmentally concious.

Pool facility

Had a couple of sunbathing sessions here.The poolside was well kept and nice to spend time at.

Restaurant

Breakfasts were an absolute delight. There was a wide choice from cooked american style breakfast to asian dishes to fruits to cakes and pastries. Mmm!

We went for the "East meets West" BBQ evening dinner and paid around 400 bart pp. Although initially this seemed pricey for the area, in our opinion it was good value for money as the choice was tremendous. It was evident that the chef was either exceptionally talented and/or had some kind of professional training. Only minor grumble was that the drinks were expensive, so we ended up sharing a beer.

If you like this kind of thing, I would recommend going to the restaurant earlier in the day and asking the staff what options will be available for that night. We wanted reassurance it was going to be good value, so they showed us all the labels for the dishes that would be on offer that evening.

Gym

We used the gym facility a couple of times. The equipment was all state of the art and our workouts were much needed after the indulgent breakfasts here!

Medical emergencies

Unfortunately during our stay I developed a blocked ear. This was most distressing but when we contacted reception they arranged a courtesy car for me immediately, which took me to a nearby clinic. The doctor spoke good english and did a good job of sorting out the problem. Within 30 min I was back at the hotel with an unblocked ear, feeling much happier. Good job Centara!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tiffany H
Dear Tiffany H,

Thank you so much for letting us know that you had a fantastic stay with us. Nothing is more rewarding then to learn that we were able to offer you a pleasant stay with our service provided.

Our Executive Chef is very happy to learn, that you appreciated his menu.

The entire team and I look forward welcoming you back in the near future. Until then our best wishes go to Crawley, West Sussex - United Kingdom.

Singapore
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is located inside a side road. Is near to beaches but don't expect clear water. Rooms are comfortable, big and clean. Wifi is good. Breakfast is fine too. Hotel provides free bicycle so you can ride around town. Massage is good too. Convenience stores and small pubs are opposite the hotel. Motorbike rental are also available at 200B a day. Can grab a taxi to krabi town at 500B and 600B to airport.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room and facing pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ChrisKwang
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Chris_kwang,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and our Spa team is delighted by your comment.

As a neighbor of ours we do hope that there will be soon a "Welcome back", hopefully not too far from now.

Until then we send you our best wishes to Singapore.