“Very good in some areas”

Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa
Ranked #11 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa after extensive research. We choose the pool access room for our son who loves to swim. As this is our first family trip, we would like everything to go smoothly and yes, we love the resort.

From the prompt pick-up (even had a towel offered to us and our 18 months son), we were chauffeured to the resort in a spacious van. Registration at front desk was swift. They even light up the mosquito coil to make sure my son is comfortable. They also promptly brought in aloe vera as my son's arms were accidentally burned. (thats our fault and not the hotel's).

We love the location as there are stalls outside to cater to our Halal breakfast. Also, there's tour reservation company outside the hotel. Tuk-tuk were readily available. 10 minutes away from the shopping. The spa was amazing for me. Husband took the wrong package so he did not enjoy much so choose wisely. They have a wide range of spa service.

The only downside is the limited breakfast.

Room Tip: Pool access :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ida87
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Ida87,

Nice to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am very pleased to learn that had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us. Our Spa team is delighted by your comment and would be very happy to assist your husband in choosing the right package on your next scheduled visit with us.

Until then we send our best wishes across to Singapore.

General Manager - Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi

Write a ReviewReviews (2,167)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in a pool access room, and the pool, the balls provided and the slide is fantastic. Our boys love waking up in the morning, and plunging straight into the warm waters of the pool. Unfortunately, that is the strongest point of this hotel.

The rooms are somewhat dark, with inadequate lighting when the curtains are drawn, and it doesn't help that the walls are already dark in the first place. The toilet roll holder and the towel rack in the bathroom are loose, and the lower hinge of the pool door is off the support too. There is a need to improve the maintenance of the resort.

I made a call from my room but because I dialed the number wrongly, I couldn't get through to the person I was trying to reach. In the end, I approached the front desk to help and she wasn't very enthusiastic in helping and simply said that she would help dial, and I can follow up and take over the call from the house phone at the front desk. Having some hospitality experience, honestly I am quite surprised because hotels would normally ask what is it that I require and the hotel staff would normally take over, and make the necessary arrangement on the phone with the other party, and then assure me that everything is in order. Anyway, I was ok to take over the call. At the end of the day, however, I was charged for calls made from my room. When I enquired about it and informed them that I didn't managed to get through on those calls I made, they just said that I made a 3 mins call in my room. I think maybe the front desk, when they directed the house phone at the front desk to me, they charged me for that??! Till now, I am still unsure why I was charged for the call.

We misplaced our public library book (!!) at the breakfast restaurant and none of the staff offered much help to find it. They looked upset when I asked them during breakfast the next day if they have seen it, and said that they would help me find the book after the breakfast hour. They didn't get back to me, and I made a final stop at the restaurant to check again before I checked out. One of the staff who attended to me was quite nice, and was at least empathetic with my situation. I eventually spied the book at the back of the front desk! Thank goodness!

All in, I think the pool access is the best thing about the hotel. For the price I paid plus S$10 more, I could stay at the Sheraton (we stayed for 2 nights prior to coming over to Centara at Aonang), the discounted food price (30% off), free children meals (3 courses), and enthusiastic and friendly staff at the Sheraton offers much better value over Centara.

Room Tip: If you stay here, you MUST stay at the pool access room. Not sure if the other rooms are worth it.

Dear Su Mei L,

Thank you for your insight that is much appreciated.

While I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your pool access rooms it is; however, disappointing to read that we were not able to meet your expectations, and I regret that.

Without going into details of all, you may rest assured that this has been shared with all responsible to better our service where possible.

We send our best wishes to Singapore.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed in this resort for 5 night with my 4 yr old son and wife.

Pros: Clean and neat hotel, Express check-in, Kids play area, Large swimming pool, big room and speacilly huge bed can accomidate 5 adults easily, in room dining food was very good.

Cons: The hotel staff need to be more polite as i asked them to clean my room and there was a surprise as why you are requesting us to clean your room again in a day. Few staff members looks as if they are not motivated (Dont no the reason). Coco (pool Bar) most of the time you dont find anyone there to serve you. Breakfast menu was same everyday.

The best part is the location its 5 mins walk to any hot spot be it market, beach or any other joint. We rented a scooter from outside for 200 baht a day which made our life easy.

Front desk was more professional and polite. I recoomand this hotel for anyone whose looking for luxury at lower price. Will visit again.

Thanks Centara for making my holiday a pleasant one.

Take the room pool view room on 5th floor.

Regards
Ankur
New Delhi

1  Thank Ankur6175
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Ankur6175,

Thank you for your feedback that is much appreciated.

We are much pleased by the fact that you found our hotel neat and clean, enjoying our facilities and the room. Our Executive Chef is delighted knowing that you enjoyed his cuisine.

Your comment regarding attention has been addressed to better the service, and it is my hope that we will have a chance to welcome you and your family back not too far from now.

Until we meet again "khob khun krub" and best wishes to incredible New Delhi, India.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a bad experience staying at the Mercure so we walked down the road and discovered the lovely Centara Anda Dhevi Resort where they had rooms available, so after just one night at the Mercure we transferred to the Centara for the rest of our stay in Krabi. We have stayed at Centara properties in Hua Hin and Bangkok and we know that they are a very good and reputable chain of Thai hotels. From the moment we walked into the Centara Anda Dhevi we were very impressed by the friendly welcome of the staff, the comfortable furnishings and the overall look of the hotel. Because the hotel was very busy the best room we could get was at the back of the hotel but on a high floor so the view was of an adjacent hotel and a wall and a bit of greenery- not a great view but the room was nicely quiet. The staff at the reception desk were charming, friendly and helpful with an excellent standard of English and our request for a room was handled efficiently and promptly. We found that the staff in the hotel were uniformly welcoming and helpful and it is clear that Centara has a very effective training program for its staff. The General Manager, Sven Walter, was also very visible in the hotel and always made the effort to stop and chat and ask how our stay was going. We were most impressed by the interest that he took in his guests and the fact that he was always around, not often the case in hotels nowadays. We enjoyed the time we spent at the pool although it was quite busy- the loungers were comfortable and there were lots of sun umbrellas and the actual pool was lovely and quite large with a nice Jacuzzi area at one end. We really enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the morning- a lovely selection of food, pleasant staff who were most helpful and who removed used dishes and plates very efficiently and made sure that our coffee cups were always full. The hotel lobby is comfortable and elegant with cosy seating areas and a bar at one end with lovely views of a central garden and the café. What we liked most was the fact that the hotel is so centrally located and is surrounded by lots of great little shops and restaurants. The lady almost next to the hotel had the most delicious mango sticky rice- it became our regular stop! The hotel is an easy 10 minute walk down to the beach and there is a great selection of bars and restaurants of all kinds along the main beachfront promenade past Seafood Street, about a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel. Transport is easy and cheap to get anywhere and the hotel staff were always helpful and informative when asked about what to see and do and how to get around. We were very pleased with our stay at the Centara Anda Dhevi and we would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a good town hotel in Ao Nang- you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Obviously the pool view rooms have better views but might be a bit noisy from all the people playing...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamesinmanila

Dear Jamesinmanila,

Great to hear back from you and thank you for this wonderful review. We are so glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us, appreciating the hotels facilities and the friendly staff. There is nothing more rewarding than to know that you have had a pleasant stay with us.

The entire team and I are sending you our best wishes to bustling Manila, Philippines.

See you soon again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed here 3 nights on a trip to Krabi and it was very pleasant. Nice pool and very good service all round. Room and poolside service a bit slow so coffee was almost cold but generally a very nice hotel. Very good breakfast buffet and items cooked to order made it all very good.

Room Tip: Spa was very good but more than a little expensive. Similar treatments to be found outside at a fra...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EssexJmb

Dear EssexJmb,

Great to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We are so pleased to learn that you found our hotel very nice, and knowing that you were able to spend some quality time with us.

Hopefully see you soon again. Until then our best wishes to Essex, UK.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Currently still staying in the hotel. Was here since 11 Jun.
Pros: Experience was good from hotel pick up to reception checkin was good and friendly.
Breakfast is decent with variety suitable for children.
Cons: Girls like the pool but it is filled with many dark pieces of dirt or maybe due to the dropping leaves.
Pool side service is not that good. Was ignore by the service staff when trying to ask for drink recommendation and she walk away instead of explaining more to me. Sadly I went off without a drink. Stay in room 3105 and light bulb burst and the bath hot water is intermittent and did ask for the help from the front desk. The maintenance guy come and fix the bulb and when I ask him about the hot water, he say will check it out but no return without any explaining what went wrong with the water and end up we have to wash up using the bath tub area which is pretty inconvenient climbing in and out. The wall keep having ants crawling around once a while.

Room Tip: Can ask for higher floor if prefer quiet but pool side at the center room will be much better than t...
1  Thank icyrain

Dear icyrain,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased that you had a good experience from the pick-up onwards. Your points mentioned have been carefully noted and addressed to the respective head of departments, in order to better the service where possible. I do appreciate your input. Unfortunately I was on travel; however, I do hope we can meet in person on your next scheduled visit, and to making up on the shortfalls.

Until then we send our best wishes to Singapore.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Am pleased with our 3N stay :). Location is good if you prefer a less crowded area. Had booked for pool access room, recommended for families with children. Condition of resort & room is clean & photos on websites are not deceiving. Will be better if hotel provides harder pillow. We ordered sandwiches & fried wings (not more than 600baht) from pool bar, prices are reasonable. Staffs are ok. Buffet breakfast is not bad. Live band on Fri night at Palm court. Must try the ice coffee opp palm court. It is just infront of the small hair salon. We drank their ice coffee less sweet every day!

Room Tip: Ask for hard pillows if you have problem sleeping with very soft n flat pillow.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear ChrisTan06,

Great to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, being able to spend some quality time.

Knowing that you are just "a stone's throw" away from us, we all hope to have you back soon again. Until then "khob khun krub" and best wishes to Singapore.