“Enjoyable and comfortable stay”

Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa
Ranked #6 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Enjoyable and comfortable stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Good points:
- Refreshing cold towels and welcome drink were served upon check-in.
- Room was clean with a nice shower area and bath tub.
- Toiletries provided were of relatively good quality.
- There was a decent range of TV channels.
- The wifi connection was quite good in our room.
- The room was well-cleaned everyday.
- The buffet breakfast spread was excellent.

Suggestions for improvement:
- The hotel could consider providing bedroom slippers, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Our basin plunger was faulty and caused us some inconvenience. We informed Housekeeping which fixed it the next day. It would be great if they could come sooner next time.
- There was a cobweb with spiders in one of the corners of the ceiling.
- There was a temporary power failure for one morning.

Overall, we had a great experience and really enjoyed our stay, and would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank qwertyq123
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear qwertyq123,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us.

I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us, appreciating our service and the offers. Your suggestions will help us to better our service in the areas possible.

As a neighbor of ours I do hope that we will have you soon back again. In the meanwhile we sedn you our best wishes across to Singapore.

General Manager - Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel, we could feel the local Thai hospitality and we were well received by the staff. We were early and left our baggage at the concierge before heading for a massage. When we returned, we were ushered to our room and the receptionist showed us the facilities around the hotel. The service staff were able to converse in English reasonably well. We stayed at level 5 (highest floor) at block 3. Initially we were reluctant as some hotel require you to use the stairs but the lifts in this hotel is conveniently located near the room. The view is great, right above the pool. Pool towels were supplied daily in the room. The room is well furnished and looks new. Space of the deluxe pool view room is also great. Perhaps the hotel could provide slippers in the room. Tooth brush is not provided but chargeable upon request. All other amenities are provided.

The rooms at ground floor have direct access to the pool and it would be great to be staying in one of those rooms where you could do your sunbath at the balcony or sit by the steps that lead to the pool. I suppose only pool access rooms at block 5 would get the sunlight in the late afternoon.

We had our anniversary dinner on the first night at the Palm Court restaurant. I made reservation prior to our arrival and the process was smooth and fast. The replies from the reservations department via email were prompt and helpful. There were a variety of set meals in the menu for the private dinner. The ambience was great, we were seated by ourselves and the staff at the restaurant provided excellent services. They were sincere in their conversations with us. Prices at the Palm Court are affordable and food is nicer than what you could get outside, especially when hygiene is a concern. There was also live singing at the restaurant at dinner.

We also booked a day tour at the travel desk. I could not compare the price with the tour stalls outside but I always feel that it is safer to book a day tour with the hotel. Unfortunately it was raining heavily due to the monsoon season.

The hotel also has PS3 and wii consoles at the lobby but I have not seen anyone playing with it and I was too tired to try. Lying on the comfort of the bed was more desired.

There is a seven eleven store across the hotel. A few massage store around and a row of street food stalls on the right side of the hotel where you could get some desserts. A pharmacy is also available down the road. It will take you about 5-10 minutes walk to the main streets where the stores and local restaurants are.

Lastly, we would like to thank GM and his management for their kind hospitality and for making our stay in Krabi a memorable one.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe pool view room at high floor for good view or pool access room at blk 5
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeginSingapore
Dear LeginSingapore,

Great to hear back from you and thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us.

We are so pleased that you could enjoy the Thai hospitality with us, making you comfortable. Our Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage team are delighted by your comments, knowing that it was your anniversary dinner.

Our tours on offer are indeed carefully selected partners, that have proven over the years to be reliable and is definitely a good choice. Only the weather is not in our hands, and unfortunately you have been caught in the rain. I do hope you will be more lucky on your next tour, hopefully again with us.

Until then the entire team and I sending you our best wishes across to Singapore.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel i would highly recommend if pay a 2nd visit!
From the moment u arrive, check in room, room cleanliness & spacious, awesome pool & facilities which made ur family's trip more meaningful!! I super love this hotel!

The location is great a 10mins walk from main market / beachfront. For muslim traveller dont worry, a lots of halal foods / stalls nearby hotel served delicious thai food. I enjoyed banana nutella pancake a lot!!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Fatin F
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Fatin F,

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your experience with us. We are delighted by the fact that you found a great family escape with our hotel, appreciating our facilities and service given.

It is our hope to have you and your family soon back again for your second visit. Until we meet again "khob khun krub" and best wishes across your way.

Paris, France
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is located a bit behind of the main avenue in Ao Nang, in a quiet street, where you can still find all the necessary shops, such as convenience stores, fruit shop and local street food.
10 minutes walk from the main avenue, the beach and longtail boats to Phra Nang, walking by the stores selling clothes and food.

This hotel has many services, swimming pool with a small slide for kids, gym with ellipticals, treadmills and bikes, a bar if you want drinks in the afternoon. The receptionists are very kind and efficients. The breakfast served at the restaurant has both european and local food which is nice. There's even a bloody mary station, if you feel like getting pumped up early in the day.

The room is spacious, aircon is quiet, bed is a bit hard but that is the local taste, the balcony has long chairs, and the bathroom has both a shower and a bath tub. Towels for the swimming pool are provided and there's an umbrella if you want to go out when there are clouds. A small safe is also provided for your belongings. 2 complimentary water bottles per day in the room

It's noteworthy that you can request a transport from and to the airport when booking the room, the fee is about 20 EUR per travel and is very comfortable, the minivan has water bottles and brochure. The ride takes about 30 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D D
Dear D D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are so pleased to learn that your stay has been enjoyable and that you found our hotel very nice with all its facilities and services given.

There is nothing more rewarding than to know that you have been comfortable with us.

We all hope to have you back soon again; hopefully not too far from now. Until then our best wishes go to magnifique Paris, France.

Warm regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa after extensive research. We choose the pool access room for our son who loves to swim. As this is our first family trip, we would like everything to go smoothly and yes, we love the resort.

From the prompt pick-up (even had a towel offered to us and our 18 months son), we were chauffeured to the resort in a spacious van. Registration at front desk was swift. They even light up the mosquito coil to make sure my son is comfortable. They also promptly brought in aloe vera as my son's arms were accidentally burned. (thats our fault and not the hotel's).

We love the location as there are stalls outside to cater to our Halal breakfast. Also, there's tour reservation company outside the hotel. Tuk-tuk were readily available. 10 minutes away from the shopping. The spa was amazing for me. Husband took the wrong package so he did not enjoy much so choose wisely. They have a wide range of spa service.

The only downside is the limited breakfast.

Room Tip: Pool access :)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ida87
Dear Ida87,

Nice to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am very pleased to learn that had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us. Our Spa team is delighted by your comment and would be very happy to assist your husband in choosing the right package on your next scheduled visit with us.

Until then we send our best wishes across to Singapore.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in a pool access room, and the pool, the balls provided and the slide is fantastic. Our boys love waking up in the morning, and plunging straight into the warm waters of the pool. Unfortunately, that is the strongest point of this hotel.

The rooms are somewhat dark, with inadequate lighting when the curtains are drawn, and it doesn't help that the walls are already dark in the first place. The toilet roll holder and the towel rack in the bathroom are loose, and the lower hinge of the pool door is off the support too. There is a need to improve the maintenance of the resort.

I made a call from my room but because I dialed the number wrongly, I couldn't get through to the person I was trying to reach. In the end, I approached the front desk to help and she wasn't very enthusiastic in helping and simply said that she would help dial, and I can follow up and take over the call from the house phone at the front desk. Having some hospitality experience, honestly I am quite surprised because hotels would normally ask what is it that I require and the hotel staff would normally take over, and make the necessary arrangement on the phone with the other party, and then assure me that everything is in order. Anyway, I was ok to take over the call. At the end of the day, however, I was charged for calls made from my room. When I enquired about it and informed them that I didn't managed to get through on those calls I made, they just said that I made a 3 mins call in my room. I think maybe the front desk, when they directed the house phone at the front desk to me, they charged me for that??! Till now, I am still unsure why I was charged for the call.

We misplaced our public library book (!!) at the breakfast restaurant and none of the staff offered much help to find it. They looked upset when I asked them during breakfast the next day if they have seen it, and said that they would help me find the book after the breakfast hour. They didn't get back to me, and I made a final stop at the restaurant to check again before I checked out. One of the staff who attended to me was quite nice, and was at least empathetic with my situation. I eventually spied the book at the back of the front desk! Thank goodness!

All in, I think the pool access is the best thing about the hotel. For the price I paid plus S$10 more, I could stay at the Sheraton (we stayed for 2 nights prior to coming over to Centara at Aonang), the discounted food price (30% off), free children meals (3 courses), and enthusiastic and friendly staff at the Sheraton offers much better value over Centara.

Room Tip: If you stay here, you MUST stay at the pool access room. Not sure if the other rooms are worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Su Mei L,

Thank you for your insight that is much appreciated.

While I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your pool access rooms it is; however, disappointing to read that we were not able to meet your expectations, and I regret that.

Without going into details of all, you may rest assured that this has been shared with all responsible to better our service where possible.

We send our best wishes to Singapore.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed in this resort for 5 night with my 4 yr old son and wife.

Pros: Clean and neat hotel, Express check-in, Kids play area, Large swimming pool, big room and speacilly huge bed can accomidate 5 adults easily, in room dining food was very good.

Cons: The hotel staff need to be more polite as i asked them to clean my room and there was a surprise as why you are requesting us to clean your room again in a day. Few staff members looks as if they are not motivated (Dont no the reason). Coco (pool Bar) most of the time you dont find anyone there to serve you. Breakfast menu was same everyday.

The best part is the location its 5 mins walk to any hot spot be it market, beach or any other joint. We rented a scooter from outside for 200 baht a day which made our life easy.

Front desk was more professional and polite. I recoomand this hotel for anyone whose looking for luxury at lower price. Will visit again.

Thanks Centara for making my holiday a pleasant one.

Take the room pool view room on 5th floor.

Regards
Ankur
New Delhi

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ankur6175
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Ankur6175,

Thank you for your feedback that is much appreciated.

We are much pleased by the fact that you found our hotel neat and clean, enjoying our facilities and the room. Our Executive Chef is delighted knowing that you enjoyed his cuisine.

Your comment regarding attention has been addressed to better the service, and it is my hope that we will have a chance to welcome you and your family back not too far from now.

Until we meet again "khob khun krub" and best wishes to incredible New Delhi, India.