“overcrowded disappointment”

Krabi Thai Cookery School
Ranked #2 of 4 Food & Drink in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hands-on Thai cooking course by the renowned chef "Ya" in Ao Nang since 1995.
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My first Thai cooking class in Thailand. Times were 14:30 to 18:00. Got picked up at 14:30, picked lots up on the way and finally started at 15:30 with 22 others. They didn't have enough space or equipment for everybody, so we had to watch Ya racing through the making of curry paste; (by the way, because of the numbers, i could hear and see very little). Then again, because of numbers, we split up and cooked different dishes, sometimes in twos or threes. We had a half hour break for food and were finished at 17:30. So in reality it is a 1 1/2 hour course. Also, every now and then, one of her staff would come along and throw some ingredients in without letting us know why. In summary, very disappointed after paying so much and for so little time or attention. Felt like finger painting classes in kindergarten!

4  Thank flute m

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had a half day cooking class that was just brilliant. We learned lots of tips and tricks in how to cook Thai food and we can't wait to get home to start trying them out. Ya herself just makes the day, she is so much fun and a great teacher. We've got cooking books to take home too. Anyone interested in Thai cooking she look no further than Ya's cooking course

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is the second Thai cookery course I have done and it was absolutely brilliant. I liked that we all had to work as a team to cook and share the dishes (of which there were many). Ya is very knowledgable and offers many substitutes not only in her recipe book but in person as well. Cannot wait to get home and try some of these recipes out for my friends and family!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My boyfriend and I chose a cooking class because we absolutely live Thai food. We chose Ya because her cooking options sounded the best. Ya and her team were amazing, she taught us lots of new tipes and tricks to make the most delicious Thai dishes from scratch. Amazing afternoon, we got to eat the food afterwards too, a proper Thai experience... Cooking in Ya's home village! A must do in Krabi / Ao Nang!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

One of my most enjoyable activities in Thailand! Ya will teach you how to cook a feast! 10 delicious Thai dishes and they are the tastiest I have ever had! I can't wait to go home and cook them again! Ya and her staff are friendly and helpful and make learning how to cook Thai food easy and enjoyable!