“Excellent English ”

Krabi Thai Cookery School
Ranked #2 of 4 Food & Drink in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hands-on Thai cooking course by the renowned chef "Ya" in Ao Nang since 1995.
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent cooking school the ladies speek great English easy to understand and they are extremely funny. The food was delicious probably the best thai I'd ever eaten and I have been to Thailand 6 times. Recipes are easy to follow but take notice the way you prepare things. You get a recipe book to take home with you and Ya will answer emails if you have any questions when you get home. Best of all you get to eat what you make at the end. Yum. The kitchen set up is very clean and tidy.

2  Thank Jessica B
There are newer reviews for Krabi Thai Cookery School

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Ya's cooking school was a great experience! My husband and I visited Ya on our second day in Ao Nang area, and loved the atmosphere of the class. We cooked very many dishes, and learned how to make thai curry from scratch! Very delicious!! We did take some food back to the hotel, but unfortunately, didnt get the chance to eat it! Now that we are back home, we are planning to host our family and friends using Ya's great recipes!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Thanks to Krabi Cookery School and our delightful Chef Madame Ya I got a chance to try and cook myself delicious thai food - and with the cooking leaflet we got I can now try get a little bit of tropical feeling to warm me up on a cold winter night...

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

To start with, what a wonderful lady ya is.
She really does try very hard to provide a great experience but in my opinion does too much.
Picking everyone up and dropping them off is great but I do think this took a little away from our experience as we were left at the school for some time while she collected the next class. She explained this to us due to her need to keep costs down which is understandable but hopefully she can come up with a solution one day. Maybe a driver between the 2 afternoon classes as a thought.
The food we made was amazing. I was really disappointed that a lot of food was left uneaten. I left very full and loved the food we cooked and ate. I hope I can replicate what we cooked somewhere close to the quality we cooked. I also hope the the left over food was used. A thought I also had about the left over food was maybe because the food sat for sometime while we cooked all dishes may have been a reason for some people not eating much. Would like to eat after each dish not just a taste. May then get too full for last couple dishes I guess.
Overall we loved the experience and ya was able to answer a lot of questions we had and the food was amazing. Thank you ya. Look forward to visiting again sometime.

1  Thank steveanna24
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Ok, as any review I have done before about Thailand, the first step to enjoying your experience is: be cool!

Smile to anything you would have been mad at back home (such as the pick up that lasted ages and get us late there).

Once you've been step one: go to step 2 which is: laughing. About you and your clumsiness, about her and her lovely way of putting Thai spice on her English, about the name of her assistant (TukTuk). And laughing about is not disrespectful unless you want it to be.

Then step three: go through Thai cuisine's smells, tastes and colors. A paradise for every senses.

An incredible experience !

Just spice up your heart and your soul.

Peace!