We had booked this via Booking.com for a rate of 15,000 baht for 3 nights as part of a road trip from KL over the CNY weekend. We were a party of 7, and were quite comfortable with an extra bed. The property has 9 bungalows and is located off the beaten track literally. All in, it was an interesting experience, and I will provide requisite detail on the pros and cons.
- Clean abode, in a garden like environment
- Very picturesque with mountains and trees etc
- Suitable for families and long term stayers ie anything of more than 5days
- Well equipped bungalow for simple cooking with fridge, toaster and kettle which is very useful for own meals etc
- Firm beds which provided sound sleep
- Double shaded windows in the bedrooms for total peace and quiet
- Good sized swimming pool that can accommodate waders, social and serious swimmers
- Decent shuttle that was on call until 815pm
- Accommodating and genial property manager and host in the form of Sven, who was prompt in queries and generally was the handy man for the property
- Rooms and toilet shower was cleaned daily which was a blessing
- Spacious balcony/chill out area to appreciate the breeze etc
- Is pretty isolated from the main hub of Aonang beach, which incidentally is a good 30minute walk away or a 5-10 minute car drive
- There are shops - 7 eleven and 2-3 convenience shops and restaurants, which is about a 10 minutes walk away on a dimly lit road, which is not recommended.
- There are no signs to the place, until just before the property which is not particularly helpful. Look out for Baan Havaree hotel and 7 eleven, and just 100metres ahead on your right is a green signpost of some illegible Thai words, and this is the main indicator before turning into the road that leads to the property (approximately 400metres from here). We got lost using the GPS, and had to call for help. Whoever answered was not helpful, and Sven was put on the line and helped us by coming to us on the motorcycle and directing us, from the mosque nearby.
- The place is definitely more suited to long term stayers of more than 5days, as opposed to our 3nights and 4days. We should have stayed closer to Aonang / Napporathara beach for better access and mobility seing that we wanted to do things related to these areas ie beach, island hopping, massage etc . However, had we planned for a week then Baan Sawan would have been ideal.
- The shuttle is until 815pm, which means you have to plan your day pretty well or rely on own transport. This should be extended to a bit later or be on demand for guests that don't have their own transport
- There are no hooks in the toilet for hanging towels and no hair dryer in sight
- Channels were all in Thai, and we gave up looking for English channels
- Was truly aghast to learn that there was only one toilet shower to service 6 people, which was misleading as this was not mentioned in the description in Booking.com. In fact it is mentioned that ".... Shower facilities are in the en suite bathrooms". Sven indicated that all bungalows came with one toilet shower, hence correction should be made in the description to indicate the singular not plural facility. Perhaps when designing the bungalow, the toilet and shower should have been separated and that another basin is also placed outside for convenience. In the meantime, as a suggestion, should consider adding showers and toilets to the pool area, as there is only one singular toilet at the reception. This will be a great boon to those who need showers and toilets when the facility is being used at the bungalow.
Despite some shortcomings, the place was good, and there was prompt action taken to fix a clogged kitchen basin, change lights etc. Didn't have a chance to try the food at the restaurant given that we had a kitchen and supplies from nearby shops for meals etc.
It is after all a private property and the many overseas owners are renting out their bungalows when not in residence. So it cannot be likened to a hotel resort, but rather providing a homely ambiance for those who want peace and quiet from the hustle and bustle of Aonang beach.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baan Sawan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Sawan Resort Krabi/Ao Nang