“Very nice and best in the area”
Review of Amorn Mansion

Amorn Mansion
Ranked #54 of 142 Speciality Lodging in Ao Nang
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very clean, spacious bathroom, air con and strong and fast wifi. Well located. Ask for cleaning the room or they will not do it. It is a little overpriced but so is everyone else. This one is very clean.

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Amorn Mansion

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Great value for a paid price. The rooms are very clean with a quite new furniture. The absence of lift didn't bother me even though i stayed in 3rd floor. The staff is very helpful. During my vacation I stayed in three diferent places in Ao nang and this one was cheapest and the best.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2013

After checking out about 10 guesthouses in Ao Nang I settled on Amorn Mansino (though I highly recomment GoodWill Guesthouse too!)
Stayed for 4 nights during the low season in June, when it bucketed down rain every day and Ao Nang is pretty dead. The guesthouse is 5 stories, with only 17 rooms I think. Most have a balcony or there are the two smaller rooms inthe middle with no balcony and very little sun (this is what I chose as I kind of like a cave for sleeping in ;) I paid 500 Bht a night, but it might be possible to negioate a little bit more.

Location is perfect, far enough of the main st so you don't get woken up by traffic, but still only a 300 m walk to the beach. Also opposit Amorn is the 'Family Restaurant' which is a nice place with great lcoal food fun by a few friendly guys. Delicious food from only 50 Bht!

I didn't eat at Amorn, as in general, I have found hotel breakfast disappointing and overpriced - much prefer to eat at a local place when I can

Hotel was clean, showers hot. Bed - rock hard (as they are everywhere in Asia :(. TV had one english movie channel showing the old classics like Tango & Cash and Rocky. The one beautiful aspect at Amorn is the rooftop terrace, which sadly I only discovered on my last day. Definitely make the climb up there though, as it offers a beautiful view onto the cliffs, the beach, and the forest behind Amorn... (see photos attached) a great place to chill out and enjoy a Chang.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dutchcookie
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We booked this hotel with Booking.com and received confirmation by e mail but when we arrived there, they were full and had rebooked us with a nearby bungalow ( wooden hut type) resort, AoNang Green Park. The man at the bungalows was very nice and helpful but we didn't want a bungalow, we wanted a hotel. It was very embarrassing for us and him, because we had to return the key to him and go and find another hotel. We think it was very wrong of the Amorn Mansion to take our booking, knowing they couldn't accommodate us. The Aonang green Park bungalows, by the way, are okay but a little dated, with no view. We found a lovely hotel, further up the main street, Number 1 hotel, which was very new, clean and modern and cost LESS than either than Amorn Mansion or Aonang Green Park !

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blackpool-Jen
Reviewed 6 April 2013

After more then a year we went back to Thailand, Ao Nang we chose for 1 night only and Amorn Mansion was our choice again. The place is just in the middle of everything. The receptionist was very fridndly, helpfull, always smiling...The place is very clean,nothing to complain at all, if again Ao Nang I am sure we will end up at the same place.

Room Tip: Partial Sea view definetely.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan N
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with another 3 friends (2 rooms). Found out my room are not supplied with complimentary drinking water so we have to request at the reception every morning.
No buffet for breakfast, you will have to choose 2 food and 2 beverages from the form given. Food is delicious nevertheless.
No elevator, had to walk up the stairs to our room in Level 3.
Muslim food is in abundance within walking distance. Ao Nang beach is about 5-mins walking.
Helpful staff with understandable English.
Overall, good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My husband and I booked 3 days at this hotel with the breakfast option. When we got there we decided that we wanted to stay a little longer (2 extra days I believe) so we extended our stay. We extended the days and booked our excursions all through one front desk lady. We ended up deciding that for the extra two days we would get without breakfast option because some of the excursions we booked would pick us up before the kitchen even opened. Therefore, we were planning on using the tickets on different days (the vouchers they give have no dates or specification on the day they have to be used nor was it told to us when we were discussing this with her). Therefore, we were surprised when we were denied breakfast the 2nd to last morning. I felt ripped off without so much as a sorry.
In the rooms (we were on the 4th floor) it seemed that the toilet always stunk. The water would drain from the bowl multiple times of the day and the only way to get the stink to go away was by flushing it. Its not very nice to come into our room smelling very strongly of sewage and flies around. However, I am not sure if this is just due to the pipe design and being on the 4th floor.
Other than that the service was overall friendly the hotel is quiet being off the main road.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple