“Great massage!!”

Jane & June Spa Massage
Ranked #6 of 36 Spas & Wellness in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer you nice private massage and body treatment in beautiful Ao Nang. You will get professional treatment of highly educated and experienced masseuses. Their goal is to give you an extraordinary experience. More than just pampering, it is a total concept of holistic wellness, concerned with promoting a healthier way of living. Our Spa specializes in Traditional Thai massage, including facials, body treatments, body scrubs and a wonderful vast array of Spa packages. Clean, quiet, gentle music and a good smell is important to us and is greatly appreciated by our customers. If you once have visited Jane & June you will return.When you visit Thailand and especially Ao Nang the massage is a must. And when you get it you should have a good one.Welcome!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We bought a package including 3 massages and wec get impressed with it. The people there are all very kind and the massage is really good!! Try to have a facial massage after a day at the beach, it's awesome!!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

At Jane and June you get a quality massage at a very reasonable price. The owners are so nice and really make you feel comfortable and at home. I visit Jane and June as much as possible often utilising their free pick up service. I highly recommend Jane and June to anyone who loves a good massage.

1  Thank Caroline R
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This massage place, owned by a husband and wife team, makes you feel so at ease. They do not push you for their packages and are so warm and friendly to whoever that visits.
I came for a full body massage there and so did my husband. My husband requested for a make masseuse cos we are Muslims.
The masseuse they provided did a really great job for fixing our knots and pains. We had the best massages there and will definitely revisit. I love the fact that they took time to know me and my family and entertained my 2 small kids while I was having my 1 hour massage.
Reasonable priced as well. Thumbs ups to Jane and June.

2  Thank Shahnaz1981
Reviewed 14 April 2013

First of all,the owner's description on Tripadvisor is out of date.They have moved from the 2-bed home experience to new premises obliquely opposite the mosque.The address has therfore changed too.My experience does not agree with 'our masseuses are highly educated and experienced'.There is no 'nice garden' in the new premises although there is a pavement in front which has 2 tables and chairs and some potted plants.This needs updating on Tripadvisor.
Now There are 2 rooms next door to each other,entrance is by sliding doors,leaving your shoes outside.They have several beds in one room and beds and foot massage chairs in the other.There is air conditioning and soft music.The setting is simple but pleasing.It is also clean and the beds can be separated by full length blinds which completely enclose the bed/beds; unfortunately that doesn't stop the noise made by other clients talking.
I was happy to notice that the masseuses, when they worked, did not chat to each other or take calls on their mobiles, which makes a nice change.
The establishment is run by a Thai lady called 'Tina' who speaks good English,and her Swedish husband who assists with transport if needed.The salon is open from 90.00 till 10.00 in high season.
There is a 5 page leaflet offering all sorts of treatments and packages.I cannot say if all of these are available by experienced therapists at any one time.
My husband booked an oil massage(1 hour 300TB) and I booked a one hour's foot scrub(200TD) followed by an aloe vera full body massage (1 hour 400TB)
We were on 2 beds side by side with the curtains enclosing the 2 beds,which was fine,and they also had a professional table with a face-hole which I prefer.
For my foot scrub I had to lay on my tummy with my feet hanging out the end of the bed.A chemical product was then coated on the soles of my feet,left for 15 minutes,scraped off and then the soles of my feet were scrubbed with pumice stone.The product stung and I was not happy with this,the whole 30 minutes was unpleasant.I asked the girl who did it what chemical she had put on my feet. No-one understood my question. The owner was called back and she showed me the bottle,which has a picture of white legs on it,a lot of Thai writing which I didn't understand and the 2 words in English were sodium hydroxide and phosphoric acid!(Can't you clean drains with this?)Not exactly a foot scrub but more a chemical peel.Their leaflet was incorrect (stating an hour)and the leaflet picture is of someone dipping their toe into flowered water was misleading.Tina graciously did not charge me for this experience,but I decided that I didn't want this same girl to massage me.Highly educated?I think not.
I watched how the other lady massaged my husband and decided to wait for her.She was called MAI/MY.My husband was happy with his massage;he likes a firm back massage which he got.
As I was sunburnt,I chose the aloe vera massage and very sensibly Mai/My realised that I needed a very gently application and not a lot of hard massaging.(The words 'softly softly' seemed to be understood) It was adapted to my requirements without any need of word communication.I was happy with Mai/My's treatment.
We booked another massage for the following day,with the same masseuse,and were both happy with the results.I recommended Mai/My to other guests where we were staying at our guest house.
When my sunburn had settled I booked a coconut oil massage.The oil had no smell,but Mai/My did a good job apart from an enthusiastic massage of my breasts which I asked her to stop

We then went away for 5 days and when we came back I went to book another massage with Mai/My.Unfortunately she was no longer there as she had gone to plant vegetables with her husband?!Tina asked me if I wanted to try another masseuse,but quite frankly I didn't want to take the risk.
The masseuses here,as in many places in Asia,are employed on an ad-hoc basis,and it is completely by chance if you get someone who actually knows what they are doing,particularly when they move out of the area of traditional Thai massage.
After the massage we were served tea and fruit and Tina had been very welcoming and booking times were respected.BUT at the end of the day,it is the masseuse herself who will make or break a salon's reputation,and a lot depends on who you get.

4  Thank blingpacker
Reviewed 24 January 2013

After visiting a couple other massage places along the beach we went to Jane & June based on other reviews we read on TA. We were warmly greeted and immediately taken for our massages. My wife had Thai massage with oil (300B) and I had head, shoulder and back (400B). Both were excellent. They accommodated my wife's requests to use aloe instead of oil on her back the second day at no extra charge.
Two things that I appreciated in addition to what I mentioned in the title is they didn't have the A/C turned to 20c so I was comfortable and after the massage there was no standing around looking for a tip. We had to go back inside after enjoying our tea to tip them.
It's a bit out of the way but well worth the trip to Jane & June Spa.

2  Thank JapanBob