Guitar Residence
  • Pool
Sunda Resort(Ao Nang)
J. Hotel(Ao Nang)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Lets start with the likes...

Great size room - helps to have space when you're travelling with someone... Nice size balcony and great location, just seconds from the beach. Staff were also really nice and helpful. Definitely value for money on that level.

Dislikes - there was rennovations happening at the time which they didn't pre-warn us about. Up until 10/11pm we could hear loud sawing, banging ect...

This is also situated directly above a bar, so if you want an early/quiet night, this isn't the place for you. We weren't bothered by the music since the sounds of the construction drowned it out!

My biggest complaint - the beds were the worst I had ever slept on. I liken them to torture devices... If it were not for the beds, I may actually return to this place again. But given the pain and discomfort we were in because of the beds, I would never stay here again. Seriously, I can not stress how bad these beds were!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Channy M
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Ok for Thailand cant understand why all the other reviews are so low I suppose everone has different expectations. I thought this hotel was adequate clean and tidy.
Staff were very helpful and location was fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Simon E
Reviewed 21 November 2012 via mobile

First off I would like to say that the prices for these rooms aren't good. The rooms are big but there are a few things that can be improved.
The bathroom was ok but the sink wasnt pleasant. The tap was full of rust and that and the actual sink wasnt clean.
The A/C leaked slightly.
The swimming pool isn't exactly that my partner could stand in there and touch 3 sides without moving.
Our door didnt fit the frame and wasn't secure anyone could have gotten in so we were weary of where we left our things plus the safety deposit box was broken and so we couldnt use that.
It was so noisy we had to turn the TV volume up high just to drown out the music from the bar downstairs.
The wifi only worked in a single spot of the room and didnt have enough strength for us both to connect so we had to take it in turns and one evening it kept cutting out for a while.
The computers down stairs were ok but there were always 2 boys who I think were working there on them so you always had to wait and we felt awkward for using them Even though it was 1b a Minute and we had to pay!

The room was ok though and spacious and it is right next to the beach but it just isnt worth the money!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I traveled for a month all over Thailand and this was the worst stay I had by far. I've seen hostels cleaner than this place. The fridge was disgusting and looks like none has ever cleaned it. The a.c. leaks everywhere. The hotel staff is extremely rude definitely not the land of smiles here. The sink had stagnant water and looks and smells like its been that way for sometime. To top it all off its really loud from the bar downstairs that keeps you up past 3am. Please do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank panamanike
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I do not know what the others have said about this hotel, but I suppose it cannot be anything good. I will make myself clear and concise: stay away from here. The ratings below will speak for themselves.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple