Phra Nang Inn
  • Pool
Sunda Resort(Ao Nang)
J. Hotel(Ao Nang)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsspa wingbeach barlong tailbeach frontexcellent locationbit datedswimming poolisland hoppingthe ground floorfamily roomstayed here for nightssea viewbuffet breakfastrestaurants and shopstour deskmassage placesthe main road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A bit sceptical after seeing average review but still go ahead to book 5 nights in one shot.
It proved to be a good decision.
The location is best with the rate I paid. Location in the middle of Ao Nang, you are able to walk to anyway without much effort. It is beside the beach and you can go there without crossing the busy road.
My room is on the first floor facing the pool and it is so nicely decorated. Things are not new but they are well decorated and maintained, Absolutely good for me, hey I just stay here for few days. The breakfast has enough selection with local dishes, cereals, bread, egg counter and good to start the day. I went for the breakfast every morning!
The staffs are friendly and helpfully all the time and always ready for all my queries.On my first night, the water heater broke down and I was offered to changed room. I did not change as I am fine with cold water and they change the heater on the next day.
Phra Nany Inn exceed my expectation and I will definitely back again

Room Tip: Beach view rooms! Either first or second floor is fine!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bottle2000
VacationVillageTH, Manager at Phra Nang Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Our beloved Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us this magnificent review.
I am glad to read that you had a breathtaking stay. Be assured that I will let all departments know about your good comment. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “Phra Nang Inn” in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This was a great hotel. We arrived about 1130 in the morning after not being satisfied with another hotel in Ao Nang. We had looked at reviews and hotel rates online and liked the place. When showing up at hotel they quoted a much higher price at reception than was online. We booked online and gave them a booking number, and they gave us a room right away. Would suggest booking ahead as opposed to just showing up as people will get a better deal.

The room itself was older, but very nice with comfortable bed, nice shower and bath tub as well as lots of sunlight and a nice view of the sea. Breakfast was included which was good. Would stay here again. Have stayed in Ao Nang many times at many hotels and this is a good one for the price range.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank chrisakennedy

Dear Our Beloved Guest,

We feel very pleased to serve you. It's our highest honour to know that you enjoyed everything at Phra Nang Inn , especially for the scenery and location, while received an outstanding service from us.

Please come back next time. We promise to take care you well as we have always done and we ensure to give the kind of best services you deserve.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Been to this hotel twice.Like the enviroment and staffs.Hotel is old but maintenance part is good.Its on the beach location make u feel with a morning and evening walk on the beach.Live song in the bar in evening hours is a attraction of the hotel.Staffs are nice and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank susil_nanda

Dear Our beloved Guest

Thank you very much for your recent stay and the detailed Feedback here on TripAdvisor, which is very appreciated.

We would be delighted being able welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this hotel after our disastrous stay at the Andamanee hotel (DO NOT STAY THERE). This place is great. The location in Ao Nang is impossible to beat. I faces onto the beach, but is at the corner of the two main streets of shops and restaurants. So you're right at the beach, and an easy walk to everything. The pool is nice and warm and well maintained. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They anticipated many of our needs before we knew we had them! The breakfast is good, though the coffee is not. Starbucks is a 3 minute walk :). The restaurant does a great seafood barbecue for 590 baht on Tuesdays and Fridays which was deliciousssssss. The beach bar has a nice little house band every night, which is a fun way to end the night. This is a great place and much more sophisticated than most of the area. We had one of the lesser rooms, but it was still very comfortable and had everything we needed. The better rooms facing the pool or beach I imagine must be very nice indeed.

The pool is great and the wifi was good too. Cheap laundry service right around the corner.

Room Tip: Pool or beach facing will be the nicest. We had one that faced the alley and it was fine too though. No view, but still good light and very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GeoffreyOttawa

Dear GeoffreyOttawa

Thank you for your feedback and compliments. We are looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is on the dated side and is in need of some renovation, which I believe is currently being undergone. The rooms are basic and very worn with use, but you can see how they used to be beautiful and I can only imagine how wondeful they will be when they are restored. Despite this though, there is a typical Thai charm to the hotel. The pool area and bar / breakfast are all fantastic, and what really makes this hotel great is the staff.

We reserved three rooms in the Phra Nang, and the front of house staff did all they could to guarantee we had the best rooms we could. I did unfortunately suffer some problems with my room, but the girls from the front desk were fantastic and personally came to check on the problem a few times. When they were not satisfied with the resolution of the problem they insisted it was no trouble to move me to another room straight away - straight opposite my original room - and left me with both keys so I was not inconvenienced any further.

Overall this hotel is exactly what we needed, cheap, cheerful and the perfect spot from which to catch up with family and enjoy all thaty Ao Nang has to offer right on it's doorstep! Would definitely return if I found myself back in Ao Nang again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a beach facing balcony - it's a fantastic spot for some people watching!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie T

Dear Natalie T,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us but want to apologize if some areas haven´t met your expectations and our own standards. I am pleased to inform you that we are in a mid of renovation but still keep our own concept as second home for families traveler and keep the nature as well.

I hope you will come back and stay with us again