“great Location on ao nang beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The L Resort Krabi

The L Resort Krabi
Ranked #2 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
bombay
“great Location on ao nang beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

hotel is situated right opposite the road across the beach. so basically it does not direct ly walk onto the beach persay. the resort was small and cozy. rooms the lite bunglow which we had booked was small but the outside sit out was an advantage which was looking over the pool. the hotel is situated on the main street for shopping on ao nang so thats good and the ferry boats just go from opp the hotel to railey etc.

staff were Courteous and helpfull. although somtimes there was a communication problem for them to understand english. bathrooms are small and little cramped.

on the down side, the breakfast was OK nothing great to write about. limitted options and everything is repeated every day. management should do something about the mini flies around the bread and the jams counter.

the pool is great and clean with the jacuzzi built in. free WIFI was very helpfull to keep in touch with the real world.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kaizu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Islamabad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

My stay at the L-Resort Krabi has been an extremely rewarding experience, initially of the friendly services and its ideal location along the Aao Nang tourist strip and the beach right across the road.

My spacious air-con Room With A View of the sea is trimmed in all luxury room amenities including a large LED TV, Mini-Bar, coffee and tea making facilities, complimentary wireless internet, safe, and a special feature: a personal iPad for my use during the length of my 3 night stay.

Formerly the Andaman Sunset Resort, the L-Resort under the Swiss Management is the first to have set an example of implementation Green Energy by application of solar panels to heat up the water and supply in the rooms.
I can smell the newness of this refurbished beach-front lifestyle abode, which is built in perfect synergy between nature and equipped with modern amenities including a 24-hour room service facility.

I also experienced In-room massage therapy by a pro masseur as arranged by the Hotel.

The next day, I leisure in the Hotel’s large pool with Jacuzzi and waterfalls to cool off the heat in the water. With a choice of variety of drinks at the Pool Bar, I order from the menu the Drink of the Day with a light meal, a few hours after a fully nutritious breakfast at the Hotel's Wannas Place (Restaurant) rated the best place to eat in the coastal town. I try local Thai cuisine with complementing International dishes. The Wannas Place is renowned of its Swiss food and also steaks. Not to miss the Indian samosa but fused in Thai style. I with the visitors sit in this cave-restaurant enjoying the meal over the sight of the sunset and while tourists past by the strip.

Along this shopping strip, just about ten minutes form the Hotel, I found a prized place - the "Royal Custom Tailors" opposite the McDonalds. Custom dress making is the best buy in town. They perfectly stitched overnight a shirt made to order and delivered the next day in good time at my Hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Cramlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Just returned from the L Resort.Ao Nang,Krabi.
What an excellant experience,
Large room was well furnished ,really comfortable bed
,large TV, Fridge/bar, bar stools,
shower/toilet all in marble,
3 Pools,food good,Staff absolutely first class,nothing was too much for them.
beach was just across the road,
Bars,restaurants,shops all around.
We are sure to return

Room Tip: Upgrade to a L room
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tombrec
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

The L resort is in a fantsactic location and the staff are very caring and helpful and eager to assist.

I stayed in the lite bungalow and found them to be spacious, clean and comfortable and they also come with an Ipad for your convenience and the wifi is also speedy.

The pool area is nice and relaxing too.

The breakfast offered was sufficient with many choices.

Can highly recommend - I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

I did have a couple of minor issues..1 with aircond and 1 with hot water..both were fixed within 24hrs..so no major problem for me.

I didnt see the vague noise of bars in the evening to be a disturbace...if you have the TV on you dont hear it and when you turn it off the aircond (even though its not loud) drowns it out and its a vage distant noise of music which did not interupt my sleep at all on any given evening.

Happy holidays..

Donna
Qantas

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DonnaPete09
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

From start to finish The L Resort was great! My reservation was taken promptly over the phone. As soon as I arrived at The L, I was pleased to see that the lobby area was exactly as the pictures on their website.

My first 3 nights was spent in one of the bungalows which I found cosy and clean,with a very comfortable bed.

My last 3 nights was then moved to one of the large rooms(due to availability).. I was blown away at how much space there was as well as the modern set up.
Again the bed was very comfortable!!
In my opinion this room can outshine quite a few of the large chain hotels!!

The L Resort is close the beach, shops, restaurants and bars. In house food is just as good! It is very handy if you can't be bothered going far.

I had a very relaxing time spending a lot it by the pool which gave you great views of lush greenery.

The service and hospitality of The L Resort had made my first time to Thailand a trip to remember!
I would happily recommend this place to anyone. And I certainly can't wait to go back to the friendly faces of the luxurious L Resort.

• Stayed November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Check in was good, location was Great.
Breakfast was good, it is adequate for a small resort, room advisable to take the larger room and above. We stayed at the lite bungalow for a night before heading to Phuket. Room was clean but the bathroom for the lite bungalow is not really what I expect. Everything was okay till we checked out

The surprise came when they lady at the reception mention FIRST
“pls sign your bill”
- room bill
- taxi bill
My Partner re-check and we had deal with our travel agent, which they had Paid Everything.
I mention that, we had paid everything, she said y’day taxi? I said we had paid full amount.

Scary? Yes!

I didn’t mention this to them that we even tip the driver and even the guy who carry our baggage and the room.

Now, they asked “did you take the laundry bag?”

Mere seconds later, our travel agent called the hotel.

Next moment the guy standing beside the lady was saying, IT’S ALREADY PAID. Yes Yes.

They speak in other language then the next moment both said it has been paid.
A call came in, they mention it’s okay the laundry they didn’t put in the room
Indeed we can’t be bothered just wanting to pay as the amount was “250bhat”
Cause our driver might be coming anytime to pick us up.

Thou, upon ending the journey from L resort, she did say sorry and smile.
I would suggest them to re check so that guest would not get a shock of the surprises
I would not blame the travel agent for the miscommunication, due to all the bookings and other accommodation was perfectly fine over at bkk and phuket

o YES the in room coffee using machine was Great!

thanks

Room Tip: take larger room
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

We checked in and our room had a problem with air con and tv. This was known by the staff so why give us the room ? We were upgraded.
Next room had no opening windows and no balcony. Terrible garbage smell throughout the lobby from the street.
Very loud noise from 2300 till 0300 from bars.
Way overpriced. No parking except some space for three cars in a back street. Despite advertised; no spa.
Not recommended.