We arrived for our 1st stay at the L-Resort back in Dec 2011, and whilst we were disappointed that the building & refurbishment work was incomplete due to the October flooding of central thailand & bangkok, our whole party could see the potential of this resort once the work was finished - well i am pleased to announce our that this potential has been realised. They have done a magnificent job and made The L Resort the perfect place to stay in Ao Nang.
During our latest visit to the land of smiles we had 2 stays at the L Resort (with a week in Phi Phi inbetween). As a returning customer, for our first 2 nights me & the Mrs were upgraded to a Sea View Larger Suite - the room was perfect, extremely spacious, spotless clean and fabulous views of the beach & sea front. After a week in Phi Phi we returned for 2 nights in a lite bungalow (the same of which we stayed in Dec 2011). Again the bungalow room was spacious & spotless clean. The finished pool area is equally impressive, comfy leather style sun loungers, the pool has different levels with a lovely jacuzzi/massage bed section overlooking the main pool. complimentary fast Wi-Fi connection in the rooms, pool & lobby area along with an i-pad thrown in with each room package just makes your stay that little bit more special.
The big plus points for this place are the staff, (receptionists, restuarant staff, the airport shuttle bus staff all did there jobs with dignity and a huge smile on their faces - special praise for the receptionist Wanida who we dealt with many times, did her job super efficient and always had that huge thai smile). The location couldnt be better, right on the sea front with shops bars & restuarants all ON THE DOORSTEP.
Only 2 small negatives, the bars of Centre Point get a little noisy if your going to bed before 1am like we had to 1 night (only because we were up early to catch a flight to bangkok). The 2nd is the breakfast which we tried at 7am, 9am & later on at 10am during our stays - it was always the same. If you like rice & noodles for brekkie then fine, but the baked beans & grilled tomatoes each time were stone cold - so for those who prefer the english breakfast take a stroll down the front where a fine full english can be had for less than 250B.
All in all tho, the L Resort is the perfect place to explore Ao Nang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The L Resort Krabi completly renovated and reopened in december 2015 is located in the Ao Nang Beach area of Krabi right in the middle of the town's main promenade with its restaurants, bars and shops. The beautiful beach of Ao Nang is also just in front of the hotel. This lifestyle property includes newly built superior rooms, deluxe rooms and suites. Our rooms are equipped with all superior amenities such as 43" LED TVs, Air-condition, Coffee Machine, Complimentary Wireless Internet Service, Safe,fridge and many more.We provide a personal iPad in every room, which enables our guests to order all days room service, Excursion booking, and many other services required. The hotel offers an outdoor pool with drinking quality water, as well as culinary highlight with its Thai-Swiss Restaurant " Wanna's Place Restaurant " offers breakfast in a buffet style and all days dining with Chef Recommendation " Speciality on Hot Stone " The L Resort with its style and unique experience will raise your expectations for future hotel to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The L Resort Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The l Resort Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Wannas Place Andaman Sunset Hotel
- The L Resort Krabi Ao Nang