“Good location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The L Resort Krabi

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The L Resort Krabi
Ranked #2 of 105 Hotels in Ao Nang
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Just returned from 3 week stay at this hotel. Impressive frontage. Pool area a bit small and ruined by the strange rock surround at end of pool and where pool shower is. Also bar area in need fo finishing off (looks like it has been plastered but not painted). Towels (as previous reviewers have said) occassionally run out at pool area but no real problems. We were in a lite bungalow which was nice from outside but inside, lighting was appalling, wardrobes were shabby chic with emphasis on the latter (handpainted with visible brushstrokes), shower was poor. On plus side, it had an i pod docking station (I would have preferred a good shower), a fancy coffee machine (2 free and rest charged at around £1 per capsule) and mini bar. Standard of cleaning was really good. Breakfast was a real mix of things - curry, rice, noodles, salad, dauphinoise potatoes, yoghurt, fruite, bread, jams, eggs to order etc. All in all, whilst they could have been presented more skillfully, the standard of cookling was v good and I personally liked the variety. Front of house staff were really friendly and helpful albeit I thought that the manager and his guest relations manager, could have been a bit more welcoming and friendly. Having booked through a travel agent I am not sure what specifically I paid for this hotel element of our trip albeit I looked up Trip Advisor and it was quoting £3000 Euros for 3 weeks. I would not want to pay as much as that for our accomodation but perhaps I did!

Room Tip: I understand from other guests that rooms in main hotel were quite big and nicer than the lite bunga...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TheLResort, Owner at The L Resort Krabi, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Neillands18
Greetings from the L Resort. First of all, we would like to thank you very much for staying with us, and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about your recent experience at our Hotel. We appreciate the positive comments you have made about our housekeeping staff, I will certainly forward your compliments to our HK Manager. We are pleased to read, that you also enjoyed our breakfast selection. Thank you also for your comment regarding our Swimming Pool. We have tried to create something different with the Rocks, however we are aware that this style might not be everybody’s taste. We have made careful notes on your comments regarding the lighting and the water pressure in the shower.
Regarding the total cost of your stay at the L, we can assure you, that you paid much less than the mentioned 3000 Euro for your 3 weeks stay at the L Resort. The price you’ve paid to your Travel Agent was approximately 1750 Euro.
Thank you one more time for taking the time to write, all feedback is appreciated and more importantly, we will always act on it to enhance our customers experiences. If you will be back in Aonang one day, we would be more than happy to welcome you at the L Resort again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed for 3 nights with my daughter at suite 071.
60 square meters- so we didn't step on each other's toes. I used the sofa-bed and it was naturally less comfortable than the queen size bed.
The room has great view of the beach, pity it was raining for 3 days in a row- but this is not the hotel's fault....
Service is good, friendly and efficient. We had problem with the water draining in the bath- it was fixed in half an hour.
Breakfast doesn't change much but was OK for us.
Wi-fi is free but not very strong and it's not always working in the room. You get free Ipad to use in the room.
The door to the room can be only locked from inside or with a key from outside. This meant that if one person stayed in the room and the other went out you had to either lock in the remaining person or disturb the remaining person when you returned.
Nice touch is the coffee machine in the room and 2 free pods every day. Not that it's so expensive (45 baht a piece).
Pool is small and clean, was enough for us, including towels and chairs. You can take your towel to the beach, BTW.
The beach in front of the hotel is very close- just across the street- but not for swimming due to the boats that dock there.
All in all- nice little clean hotel. I will recomend it with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Try the front rooms- if you are not light sleepers . I Had no problems with front room, regardless...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank m_moshe
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed here again between February 5 and February 13, 2013. Since I booked late and there was no one bungalow available for my whole stay, the management accommodated me by moving me around a bit and I really appreciated their efforts. The moves were without any problems. I ended up staying in 3 different bungalows and I can honestly say that each one was perfectly suitable. For those people who complain about music at night, I have 2 things to say. Unless you are staying in a fairly isolated place with few hotels, etc., it will be quite difficult to avoid any kind of noise. The management at the L Resort is not responsible for the noise. You have to expect that in such a busy place as Ao Nang beach, peace and quiet are difficult to find. Secondly, wear ear plugs. I never travel without them. By the way, you could try complaining to the authorities (if you know where to find them) about the late night noise. Food - yes, breakfast was expensive but there was something for everyone and you could eat as much as you wanted. I did not see a single fly on the food. There were no bugs in the bungalows and even if there were, you ARE in the tropics. Do none of you ever have any kinds of insects in your homes??? Bathrooms. You cannot expect that bathrooms or anything else for that matter can be updated EVERY year. This is a family run resort not a huge corporation that can afford to pour in millions of baht on a regular basis. What is wrong with the size of the swimming pool? Nothing! If you are a lap swimmer, find a place with a larger pool. There were always chairs and towels available. If you have any complaints about anything, talk to the management. Finally, the staff was wonderful! There was always a smile and a "Sawadee Kha/Khrap". It would be nice on the part of all travellers to learn 3 or 4 expressions in Thai and use them once in a while. Also, try to learn a little about the culture. Rudeness and bad language does not get you very far in any Asian culture. Try to be a little more accepting of differences and, if you can't do that, you should stay home. Thank you everyone at the L resort.

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank matsOttawa_Ontario
Green River, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at L Resort. You get an iPad upon check in to order room service, massages, and other things, but rarely use it because the staff is so nice, it is easier to talk to them in person. L Resort is located across the street from Ao Nang Beach and one of the long boat places. Long boats get you to Railay Beach for cheap. We booked multiple excursions through the front desk and they did their best to find us the best deals.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wrk888
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Before I started this review, I read what others had written about the L Resort and it was definitely a mixed bag. If you expect REAL luxury then the L Resort will be a huge disappointment. Don't even consider it. However, if you just need a conveniently located place to sleep (not for light sleepers though) that has a really good restaurant in-house, free wifi and a reasonably sized pool, and you don't mind the bungalows then this is for you. If you like us are looking for a hotel with a nice feel, clean and well-appointed rooms, friendly staff and calm surroundings (at night) you will leave the L Resort with mixed feelings. The bungalows are old and while an attempt has been made to make the rooms look "modern", the doors to the closet don't close, and the door to the bungalow itself can only be closed if you lock it from the inside (or outside) with a key. This meant that if one person stayed in the room and the other went out you had to either lock in the remaining person or disturb the remaining person when you returned. The bathroom is really very RUN DOWN and in desperate need of a face lift. The furniture in the room is worn and if you're a light sleeper like me, and don't want to stay out partying until 3am you'll suffer from the noise/music coming from the nearby bars until the early morning hours. I slept with ear plugs and I could still hear the boum-boum-boum! Some guests have said that the rooms in the main building are quiet, but I have a hard time believing that with the main road on one side and the bars on the other they could be what a light sleeper needs. On the other hand, for daytime activities the L Resort is very conveniently located right in the middle of the main Ao Nang shopping strip and opposite the long tails departing to Railay. As for the breakfast, I didn't think it was anything special and it's true that there were no nets to cover the food. However, the in-house restaurant "Wanna's Place" served excellent food (we ate there twice). Their Thai food is delicious and so was the beef. Staff at the resort were generally friendly with a couple of exceptions but the owners/managers didn't make any effort to speak to the guests. There is a Mac available in the lobby for guests to use (free of charge on a first come first served basis) and a good wifi connection in the lobby/bar/restaurant. However the signal was very weak to non-existent in the bungalows. The bathrooms near the lobby were very dirty most of the time (especially in the evenings). Overall, we felt that at around € 120.- per room and night the L Resort was definitely overpriced by Thai standards. You can find nicer hotels elsewhere for much less.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lara C
Sverige
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

Grear location close to beach, boats, shopping and restaurants. Stayed in a bungalow which was ok, they have done them up ok although it needs a bit touching up at places. Biggest problem w bungalows are that you can hear the base from the nightclub further down the street. Music still thumping at 4.30am I almost lost my will to live. If you want to be out drinking late or are like my husband who can sleep through this bungalows are a good option, vslue for money. However if you are sensitive like me then don't choose a bungalow, go for the rooms in the hotel. We were only staying there for two nights and were very kindly upgraded to the suite which was amazing!! Couldn't hear the noise although facing the busy beach. Def worth paying a bit more for this kind of room, spacious and lovely!!!

L resort staff were great, so friendly and helpful. Big thanks to the manager who made our stay great! Will stay here if going back to Ao Nang.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jenny H
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We spend 6 nights at the L Resort. That was on Christmas 2012. This was my first trip to Krabi, and if I should return, I will definitely stay at the L resort again. The staff is extremely friendly, the rooms are beautiful and the breakfast buffet has a wide range of selection for every taste. It is a clean and modern resort.

The restaurant Wannas Place, is a must. The steak at Wannas Place is the best I had in Asia. Also the cordon bleu is really the best I had in a long time. You may wanna make a reservation if you like to enjoy the food, as it can get crowded.

The beach and long-tail boats are just across the street. The L Resort is very centrally located and walking distance to other beaches.

If you are looking for value of money, The L Resort is the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple