I had pre-planned with the resort on my husband's surprise birthday getaway! My husband only knew where he was headed to when we got on board the plane. Upon arrival at Krabi International Airport, I ordered for an airport pick-up & arranged with Michel (management from the resort) to customize the signboard stating "Welcome to Your Surprise Birthday Holiday!" which was very helpful of them. On top of that, they made it even more memorable by upgrading us to a larger room (with a gorgeous view of the sea) from what I had initially booked for. It did not just stop there. On my husband's actual birthday, they brought up to our room a birthday cake & it surprised him (which we shared with them since it was just the 2 of us). Overall, customer service & guest experience was just great!
As for the room, we got the Larger Room which was just sublime (again, especially with the view right smack in front of the sea). It's a very modern hotel where they provide every room an ipad which acts as a device for any room service - food orders, clothes press, room cleaning, info about the hotel/krabi's attractions, etc. It is of course available for guests to use for surfing.
The room had relatively high speed wifi connection except when there were thunderstorms & connection was down (as well as the cable tv).
The location of this hotel is very central - walking distance to everything. The guest relations were extremely helpful in directing us around the island & provided honest opinions about shops/restaurants. Breakfast was not bad, but I guess the spread could be better - they served both Thai & Western breakfasts.
Thankfully we had a great & comfortable room since we stayed in it most of the time - we arrived during the monsoon season & it just poured every day we were there for 4 days (thankfully, except on my husband's birthday!).
It was a very comfortable stay and we will definitely pick this hotel again the next time we head to Krabi. Thanks, L Resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The L Resort Krabi completly renovated and reopened in december 2015 is located in the Ao Nang Beach area of Krabi right in the middle of the town's main promenade with its restaurants, bars and shops. The beautiful beach of Ao Nang is also just in front of the hotel. This lifestyle property includes newly built superior rooms, deluxe rooms and suites. Our rooms are equipped with all superior amenities such as 43" LED TVs, Air-condition, Coffee Machine, Complimentary Wireless Internet Service, Safe,fridge and many more.We provide a personal iPad in every room, which enables our guests to order all days room service, Excursion booking, and many other services required. The hotel offers an outdoor pool with drinking quality water, as well as culinary highlight with its Thai-Swiss Restaurant " Wanna's Place Restaurant " offers breakfast in a buffet style and all days dining with Chef Recommendation " Speciality on Hot Stone " The L Resort with its style and unique experience will raise your expectations for future hotel to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The L Resort Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The l Resort Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Wannas Place Andaman Sunset Hotel
- The L Resort Krabi Ao Nang