“Best place to stay in Aonang Krabi”
Review of The L Resort Krabi

The L Resort Krabi
Ranked #2 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Mumbai
“Best place to stay in Aonang Krabi”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I choose L resort for our honeymoon due to good reviews and I was right! my wife was so impressed about the resort. The bungalow was just infront of the pool. And we felt like close to nature, trees all around. You can hear chirping of birds in mornings and crickets on evening.
Stayed for 4 nights before going bangkok and wished could have been longer.
I was pleased with a warm welcomed by reception, and a letter of thanks was in my room. It was ready and waiting for our arrival.
Location wise this is perfect,beach is just few steps, outside hotel are shops you can buy on good price, shops selling fruits and also for tours are there,restaurants, pharmacy, night out is also very near.
Will surely book here again if we come to Aonang.
Thank You L Resort for a wonderful experience in Krabi, it was indeed a memorable honeymoon.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Sagalum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Spent 5 days 4 nights in L Resort. Stayed in the Lite Bungalow. Had a good stay over the period of stay as it is at a good location, next to the beach, easy access to food, seafood street, shopping (though there is nothing much to shop since shops normally have the same stuff they are selling) and surely a good view when I walk out of the room since it is directly in front of the pool. As I went on trips out and the transport picks other tourists around the area, realised L resort is really at a good location compared to many other hotels/resorts.

Only downside is there are many mosquitoes and frogs around and at night, they can be heard making noises outside.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cheryltham
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I booked this L Resort Hotel through review by all you lovely people. I had a wonderful short getaway from 16-19 May 2014.
The hotel staff service is perfect...they really took the trouble to make sure that you have wonderful stay in the hotel. Breakfast lack of varieties, probably not much guests as supposed.
Just a stone throw away, you will be spoilt by shops, restaurants, cafe and of course my favourite massage. The massage is cheap and good. If you going shopping a piece of advise...bargain, bargain and bargain. The retailers are very friendly people.
Attraction nothing much around Ao Nang area, beaches nobody swim, except the very far end on the left hand side.
Highly recommend "Weekends market", many cheap things e.g.: art and craft, clothes, watches, sunglass, foods etc.
Transport: Catch the local jeep, just pay 60Baht and the jeep will drop you on the entrance of the weekends market. The driver will inform you pick up point is in front of 7-11.
Taxi

Room Tip: I book a Bungalow style room, spacious, choose the one facing the swimming pool an its nearer to the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I booked this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and am really glad that I followed my gut to just book it. Traveling to Krabi for the first time, I wanted to be where all the buzz is and the location for The L Resort is just perfect for it!It's only 1 minute walk to the beach and it's located along a street where you get load of eateries and shopping areas. Love it!

Above all, the staff are super friendly and helpful. I booked via Expedia and my allocated room is the Lite Bungalow. It's clean and basic facing the pool, but I had problems sleeping on the first night due to the nearby bars music pumping loudly and sound of crickets at night...I'm ok with the sound of nature but with the sound of bar music pumping all night..just not acceptable!

I feedback to the staff the next day, with no questions asked, they upgraded me to a bigger room with quieter area..I loved the Luxury room!It's clean, high tech and quiet! Perhaps due to the low season, I was lucky to be upgraded to this room!Very grateful!

Another good thing about this hotel, the wifi is free and they provide all guests with an Ipad. You can use for surfing the internet and ordering room service.

I had buffet breakfast in the package. To me it's just ok...I ended up eating only a little bit of the fried rice each day...

Overall, I love my stay here and I would recommend anyone who needs a short break in Krabi and want a lot out of it to stay at L Resort. Ao Nang area where this hotel is located is very ideal to get to other islands like Railay and Phi Phi. Plus, there are alot of tour operators around the hotel for you to choose from!

Enjoy Krabi as I did and I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Avoid the bungalow and choose the Luxury though it's a bit more expensive...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank globetrotterdivva
Princetown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

stayed in one bedroom bungalow a bit dated but clean and everything worked,nice pool area with plenty off parasols and loungers,
did have a issue with the shower every time we used it the bathroom floor flooded could,nt see where the water was coming from, did report this on the day we left, over all nice place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
bristol
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked the 2 bedroomed L suite 8 months in advance of our visit to Ao Nang, as we knew from previous experiences that family accommodation of a decent size is difficult to find there. We were very pleased with our choice.

From the initial email booking and queries the manager was very helpful and responded to us fully and promptly.

The suite itself was very spacious, with 2 large bedrooms, a massive, luxurious bathroom and large sitting room, all fully air-conditioned and overlooking the sea at the front and the pool at the back.

The L resort is in a brilliant position, right on the sea front, and within easy walking distance to many other bars, restaurants and shops. It is very easy to get boat trips out to the other islands or round to Railay beach and there are many tour operators offering a multitude of day trips right on the doorstep.

We had breakfast in the restaurant every day, which was fine. No pork products, but the children eventually got used to chicken sausages - I couldn't persuade them to try to shrimp porridge though! We did have a fabulous meal there one evening - the steaks on their own sizzling dish were stunning and made a change from the Thai food we were hooked on the rest of the time!

The pool area was attractive - the new decking has now been replaced. it is extremely hot to walk on though! Most of the time we had the pool to ourselves, which was great!

I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially the suite. I didn't see inside the bungalow rooms, but the other rooms inside the hotel building also looked clean and spacious.

Thank you L Resort - we hope to return one day!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank klfbristol
bangkok
Reviewed 30 April 2014

i booked The Large room from the photo look really nice but when i got inside, a bit disappointed that the room didn't worth the money you pay. Breakfast is nice , pool is lovely, great location but too expensive for its facilities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple