“Best location in Aonang”

Aonang Villa Resort
Ranked #19 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Stockholm, Sweden
“Best location in Aonang”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Arriving to this hotel after a long flight was heaven. Greeted by ice cold towels and cold drinks when checking in seem to be standard in Thailand on the better hotels, but at this hotel we felt extra welcome. Everyone was really kind and friendly, and the room was ready in a minute, even though we came early and they were fully booked.

And the room then, well – paradise! We had a room with a view over the pool and the Andaman sea. The room was clean and the beds were super comfortable. Personally I prefer other parts of Thailand than Aonang itself. But if you are planning to go around to other islands, I think Aonang is a great start and end stop (for the last minute shopping!).

I love the fact that this hotel has a bar in the pool, where you can buy ice cold coconuts and other refreshments. And if you prefer the beach, well then it’s literally just a stone’s throw away.
The breakfast was impeccable. Don’t miss the eggs made fresh before your eyes. Especially the omelet made with tomato. Yummy!

Over all – I would definitely stay here again. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the pool and then you will also have a sea view!
1 Thank Ninuzza
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Ninuzza

After reading your review, I can oly fine the word ‘Thank you’ to express my gratitude for your constructive review posted on this platform. Your kind words have indeed been rewarding for our entire team member for their strong efforts extended to our guests especially during the busy high season.

We are all very much looking forward to your return and please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you plan to visit our resort in the near future. Thank you once again for your valuable remarks.

rm@aonangvilla.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Spent four nights here during a recent trip around Thailand. The resort is in a wonderful location, the buffet breakfast is literally 10 meters from the beach. The staff were friendly and attentive, and the rooms were spacious if not a little bit dated. The beds are quite hard as well, but not too different to many of the other hotels we stayed in around Thailand. The main complaint we had was the lack/absence of elevators. We stayed on the third floor, and although 3 flights of stairs is by no means difficult to climb, after a long day of trekking up the top of Tiger Temple it would be nice to take a lift up to our rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael Z
Dear Michael Z

Thank you for your recent stay at our resort and positive review on this platform. I am delighted to hear that you had overall enjoyed stay with us, and my team has well taken care of you. I will certainly pass on your fine compliments to my team and all the associates. In regards of the elevator (lifts) we are considering to install as however, we are carefully planning as it concerns a major construction which may affect with the noise.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your positive review and some feedback that helps us to improve our resort services. We do hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you back again.

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Aonang villa for four nights in a superior Seaview room. The view from the balcony was pleasing to the eye with limestone cliffs and a clear view out over the Bay. The room was quite spacious and only metres from the second smaller pool. The only negative being that the double bed was in fact conjoined singles both of which were quite stiff.

Location of the resort is fantastic, with the beach on one side only a 50m walk from our room whilst the other resort entrance leading to the main road and an assortment of dining options.

Breakfast was solid without being outstanding, the standard variety of options from breads to bacon to fried rice.

The staff were friendly and helpful whenever an issue arose. Overall I would recommend this resort to anyone staying in the area particularly the sea view rooms on the third floor.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tassie_Travellers14
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Tassie_Travellers14

I appreciated you taking the time to sharing your pleasant experience on this platform and I am please to learn that we have left you with a positive impression on the locations and attentiveness of our team. Referring to your comment of the bed quite hard, we are planning to change new mattress for building 7 in this season, as we are respecting on our guests values feedback.

Once again thank you for your valuable review and we hope that there will be another opportunity to welcoming you back again.

Renesse, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel is in a great location, in the middle of Ao Nang with all you need at walking distance. The rooms are spacious but dated, especially the bathroom. The rooms are also lacking the cozy feeling that many other hotels in Thailand can give. There is free wifi in the rooms but the connection is extremely slow at certain times of the day, is often disconnected and sometimes there is even no connection at all. The swimming pools are big and clean and most of the guests are claiming their fixed chairs there already early morning. Breakfast is sufficient but monotone if you don’t eat Asian food in the morning. The reception is very passive in handling some simple problems. The first time was with an electricity breakdown (there were several during my stay) and it took ages before I found out it was not only my room but more of the hotel. The second time was with an internet breakdown; after calling the reception they promised to check in my room, but nobody came and when I went down they were sitting behind the desk doing their own things; they finally managed to solve it. It is quite a challenge to communicate with them, even if you use very simple English. The first day I ordered my lunch at the poolside but this is served without any fork and/or tissue, so did not even try that anymore the next days. I took a 1hr beach massage (within the hotel property) that ended after 45 minutes. Upon checking out I informed that I consumed a small pack of peanuts in my room; they insisted I took 2 packs and should pay for both as there are 3 packs in the room. They made a big thing out of this and it was really ridiculous at a room rate of 250$/night to argue about some nuts and give the guests the feeling that they are stealing. If your staff is not able to stock up the rooms in the right way, this should not be made the problem of the guest. Overall it was a very disappointing experience and will not return to this hotel; at this room rate I was expecting much more and am sure there are much better options at that rate with renovated rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank amvg2015
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear LGKnature

Thank you for taking the time to post the review. I was obviously very concerned reading your comments about the service level and attitude of some of our associates you experience during your stay. Needless to say this is completely unacceptable and unprofessional behavior and I would like to sincerely apologize for this. Rest assured that I will address this internally with our team. We will continue to work harder to improve our resort and to enhance our current weekly English training for all associate.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your review and feedback that would help us to improve our resort, and services. I do hope we will have another opportunity to show you our improvement in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are planning to visit our resort and I would like to show you the real hospitality services.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We slept at Ao Nang Villa for 4 nights over the 2013/2014 New Years period. The rooms were very nice, but lots of mosquito though. We liked the patio facing the hotel pool and the little wooden shutter in the bathroom (which could be opened while still showering etc). The location is great. Beach on the one side and busy markets and shops on the other side.

My boyfriend and I also visited the Boogie Bar which is really close to the hotel. There was a fantastic vibe. Would definitely recommend for some old school classics.

All in all this hotel is probably one of the more upper class hotels in ao nang.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing any of the two pools.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ingevs

I am thrilled to know that you and your boyfriend have enjoyed your stay at our resort. Our pool view room where you staying are very peaceful and ideal for guests who wish to relax in a peaceful environment. Your ratting on the services and cleanliness are the area that will look into those area for further improvement.

Thank you once again for your overall positive review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again soon.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The hotel's location is the gem here. Right in Ao Nang, close by all the shops and restaurants and right in front of the beach.

Only the boardwalk separates the hotel property from the beach. The room is nice we were on the third floor facing the sea.

For the most part the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was kept clean. My only real issue is that the Air Conditioner was pretty noisy.

Room Tip: We were in 7308, "Superior Sea View". Though it is classified as such, you do not get the...
1 Thank Rodin C
Dear Rodin C

Thank you for your review and recent stay at Aonang Villa Resort. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay at the resort and my team has well taken care of you. I will certainly pass on your fine compliments to my team and all the associates.

Regarding of the noisy from Air Conditioner after received your feedback our Engineering has fixed the issues. Your feedback is helping us to improve our resort and services.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our resort and services. We are all looking forward to welcome you back again in future.

Kind regards,

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 January 2014

What an utter disappointment was this hotel during our 3 weeks stay in Thailand. We decided to start 2014 off here with the newyearseve-diner-for-two and stay here for 4 nights. Actually we hád to book the diner, we could not just book the 4 nights without it, they charged USD. 220,- ! for 2 (this was without the drinks! we we told upon arrival). The performance of a very noisy band made it worse and the food was just too basic for this price (diner at the Shangri La Bangok was cheaper). I cannot imagine why they charge so much, the staff was the grumpy cherry on the cake, so rude! A waitress actually refused to give me a clean napkin (really??) To be honest, it made me mad so we left at nine and had a blast with Bacardi-cola on the beach. All the ingrediënts are there for this hotel, the location is just perfect, the ouside of the hotel looks great, spaceous corner-rooms, lots of closet space. The problem is inside, the rooms are so dated and even dirty! (see my pics, check bathroom), ripped towels, faded lampshades, the works. Wifi just didn't work properly and the staff was probably the worst I have ever experienced in Asia and I travel there a lot. One more small pointer and then I will try to keep it more positive; the breakfast is terrible, dried out pancakes, terrible coffee, 1 peace of cheese for a mouse.
AoNang offers longtail-boattrips to Railay Beach; what a dream! The Streets around the hotel are quite fun actually, for drinks and diner, enough choice with friendly people. We met 2 very friendly guys from the staff, the beachpoolbar-waiter during happy hour; compliments! And a very friendly porter, later we found out he was one was the few smiling. The larger pool is great, big with plenty of great sunbeds, good vibe!
Lucky for us the rest of our stays in Thailand were great; My advice; have a look at Centara Grand (further down the bay, we had a look there and loved it!)

Room Tip: Don't book a room here- plenty of choice elsewhere in AoNang
Dear Ros1963

Thank you for your stay and for taking your time to post this review. We are deeply disappointed in not being able to accommodate you with a true Aonang Villa experience and would like to sincerely apologize for the shortfalls in our services. We take all feedbacks seriously to improve our resort and its operations.

In regards of the New Year Eve celebrations this would not feel right if compare with City hotel as Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, as I am quite familiar with festive dinner of the hotel around river side in Bangkok most of them starting the dinner rate 5,800++ and if complete with free flow of wine and spirits would available at 10,000 net up to 12,000 net. We have aligned our prices to current market demand patterns and are also compared with the same level of resort available in this area. However, I understand your point on the lack of services during dinner time, let me clarify that could be from issue of English language barrier which we are aware of this issue and continue to work harder to improve our services and to enhance our English training for all associates. Many of our associates graduated from the Thai school, so foreign language is still a challenge for them. However, they are absolutely nice people who are willing to lean and always try their best to help and pleased our guests.

In regards of the WiFi, we are in progress to make improvement, as it is concerns with ground cable and accesses point which we are installing the new line at the moment. We ensure by mid of February however, WiFi will be up full speed again.

After seen the photo you posted in regards of the room cleanliness, needless to say, this is completely unacceptable and I would like to sincerely apologize for this. I have personally looked at the room and personally discussed your comments with the management team and they have assured that will address these points with their team.

It is undeniable that a business is to drive profit and in the hospitality industry service quality and guests satisfaction are keys of our business success. Without these, profit maximization can’t be achieved. We thank you and value your feedback.

We truly hope that we will be given another chance for you to experience a truly and rightful pleasant stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future as I would like to ensure that a more than accommodating stay be promised.