“Nice hotel doesn't live up to expectations”

Aonang Villa Resort
Ranked #18 of 110 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

With the price we were paying we felt a little short changed despite the hotel being perfectly placed, clean, with great pool facilities and beachfront access.

Unfriendly staff, high prices for everything, occasional unexplained power cuts, and no fresh towels after room service are all reasons why this hotel can't be recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Nickcom
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Nickcom

Thank you for your review on this platform. I was obviously very concerned reading you rcomment about the service level of somoe of our associates, and short fall of services you expreinced during your stay. Needless to say, this is completedly unacceptable and I would like to sincerely apologyize for this matter. I have internally addressed with my team.

Again my apology for leaving you with such a negative impression of our resort and I hope we will get a chance to regain your confidence and show you the improvements in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Ms. Rattavadee Vachaviputt
Resient Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed four nights five days here and the service was the best, the room was very spacious and went for two twin beds, which i had altered my orginally booking and from previous experience that holiday was worried they'd get it wrong, but they didn't. Had great views over the sea and could walk directly directly on to the beach. I'd be recommend to go there and would certainly recomment to other to go. Fantastic location and staff were very helpful in booking the excursions I wanted to go on. However I would suggest booking any excursions through toursit information centre as save some money and same excursions, i noticed i was paying a prenium for this. The breakfast wasn't great, I only had it twice as most of the food was that bad. Also wrong season, only go between september and March since it rained the 4/ 5 days i was there, however did love the thai massage and pina in a coconuts to make up for it.

Room Tip: Go for sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank katiekitten2014

Dear katiekitten2014

Thank you for your stay and your overall review. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed our room facing sea view which offering stunning views of the Andaman Sea.

In regards of the excursion please allow me to explain to you that the rate offered may look a bit higher than outside tour courter however, we are selected the professional tour companies in Krabi by considering of quality and guest safety is the most important. All the company has insurance cover all incidents which may occur which travelling with them, and we are able to assist our guest at the time as they will inform us directly.

It was pity the weather was a bit wet during your stay; Krabi is difference than other area in facing Andaman Sea as sometimes it's raining cats and dogs and the next day with sun’s shining. However, hopefully moving forward ending of the rainy season in the next few month, sun will be right on top of us every day.

Las but not least, I am glad to note that you enjoyed Thai Massage and our signature Pina Carada in the Coconut. We hope to welcome you back for another stay with us in the near future.

Rattavadee Vachaiputt

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I attended a conference here and had a very nice experience. The hotel has two pools which were a great place to hang out. It's right on the beach so there is easy access. It's right in town so all the restaurants, mini-marts, etc. are very handy. My room had a nice view over the pool, it was very clean, the bathroom was fine, the housekeepers were very friendly and helpful, the staff at the front desk were also very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is good though the other meals are a bit pricey. The only downside is that there isn't an elevator which wasn't a big deal for me but if you don't like stairs then I would request a ground floor room.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if you don't like stairs you should request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Over60Countries

Warm greeting from the sun shine day in Aonang Beach and thank you indeed for your wonderful review. It was my great pleasure to have our guest left us with great memorable. Your kind words have indeed been rewarding for our entire team member for their strong efforts extended to our guests.

In regards of the elevator we are planning to install by this year to meet today’s guest’s expectation.

We are all very much looking forward to your return. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you plan to visit our resort in the near future. Thank you once again for your valuable remarks.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ao Nang Villa resort is a great place to stay with just one drawback. The resort is relatively new and is a three story complex. The drawback is that there are no lifts in the resort. We were there in 35 degree heat and 70% humidity and staying on the top floor. Up and down to the pools, the beach, the restaurants etc. why anyone would build a resort without lifts is a mystery. However if you state in your reservation you don't want an upper room you will be OK. The resort is very nice with lovely pools and swim up bars. Good breakfast selection both Thai and European. Afternoon teas, coffees and snacks at 4pm in the lounge. Two nice restaurants for evening dinners. Great Spa for treatments as well as in house massage area.

Room Tip: Try to get a downstairs room if you are not very fit. Few rooms with sea views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom O
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Tom O

Thank you for your compliments and feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry for not been able to provide you with elevator at this stage; however, we are in progress of planning to install the elevator in the near future. However, I am glad to hear that you are enjoyed overall stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again for another great stay soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Fantastic staff, great restaurants, immaculate rooms, views and facilities was a pleasure to stay there.. grounds were also immaculate and a pleasure wish we had gone there first...
Cesar Quintana and Emily Ceshker

Room Tip: Pool and ocean view breathtaking....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Emily R
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Emily and Cesar

After reading your review, I can only find the word ‘Thank you’ to express my gratitude for your review posted on this platform. Your kind words and compliments for our associates and the resort are truly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your chosen to stay with us, and taking the time to post this positive review. We hope to welcome you back again for another pleasant stay in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

A friendly resort centrally located with plenty of eateries and massage salons nearby for a good time of rest and relaxing. It is located near a clean beach and you can even have a beach massage with the sound of the waves be your music. Italian food with a local flavour and ice cream parlours like Haagen daz and movenpick will be a wonderful choice.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank davidchoo

Dear davidchoo

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments and opinions on our resort and location. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed overall stay with us and I hope we have an opportunity to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed in Krabi in April 2014 with family and we were not disappointed with this hotel. We picked a room facing the pool with a door entry to the pool so we didn't have to go around as we had a child with us so it was easy going in and out. The hotel room and grounds were very neat and tidy. The hotel is in a great spot with shops and restaurants right outside the on the streets. The beds were comfy, the service was great, nothing was too much trouble, one of the quickest check-ins I've had. Internet worked great in our room. It was a wonderful experience all around. Would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: pool side rooms was great for us
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna G

Dear Anna G

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your family experience at Aonang Villa Resort. I am pleased to learn that you and family have enjoyed your stay at our resort, and I would stay that the Deluxe Pool View is an excellent choice for those who preferred to relax and convenience as the room has it own privacy sun lounges on a large balcony. Your kind words and compliments for our services and the resort are truly appreciated.

Once again thank you for taking your time to post this positive review and we are looking forward to welcome you and family back again for another pleasant stay in nearly future.