“Great location, excellent staff and facilities”

Aonang Villa Resort
Ranked #17 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location, excellent staff and facilities”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My friends and I stayed at Aonang Villa Resort from 21st to 25th June 2014. We were really pleased as this place exceeded our expectations. The staffs were very welcoming and always very polite and helpful. Nicest bunch of people that I have ever encountered.

During check in, they briefly showed us the hotel grounds, which I thought was great. We originally selected the Superior Sea View room for two but decided to upgrade to the Grand Superior Sea View room after another friend confirmed to join us. And I am glad that we did. We had ample space to move around even with an extra rollaway bed with a small balcony where we can just relax and stare at the sea. The bathroom was clean, complete with a bathtub and a shower place. They can improve by having the water sprays. Please note that there are no lifts in this resort so may not be very friendly for those having knee problems.

Location is really great. It is almost right at the beach, separated by a very narrow road. You can just exit the hotel from the back and the sea will be right in front of you. Food is aplenty everywhere and if you want to get a tailboat to Railay, the ticket booth is nearby as well. Can’t comment on the spa as we did not use it and we did not take the breakfast there as we require Halal food. Halal food can be found very easily btw. They have an open outdoor massage place facing the pool and an indoor spa place.

Will definitely come back to Aonang Vila Resort in the future.

Room Tip: Request for a sea facing room on the third floor. It is worth the money.You will appreciate being ab...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank aishjinjja
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear aishjinjja

Thank you very much for this details and very positive review of our resort. My team and I truly appreciated your fine compliments. Your kind words have indeed been rewarding for all of our team members for their strong effort extended to our guest. As my review to other guests, we are planning to install the elevator (lift) by this season, and we do hope that a more than accommodating stay be promised.

I will bring your feedback regarding Halal food to discuss with our Executive Chef to make change wherever suitable.

Once again thank you for your stay I hope we will be able to welcoming you back again for another inspiring stay.

rm@aonangvilla.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Mandalay, Myanmar
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The room is large. There are two pools. One of the pools is very large. The spa is fantastic.
Unfortunately the kingsized-bed room my couple friends opted for was actually comprised of two single beds. It is truly disappointing for a 4-star (or above) resort for doing that.
The superior room we received has only fixed showerhead, no hand spray and flexible shower head at all. The resort shall upgrade its toilet. It's different from the official photo shown on the hotel webiste. Probably the featured room is the best one in the hotel with large bathtub and flexible shower head. Normal room does not offer that facilities.

The good thing is that the sea salt body scrub offered by the villa spa was great. The thai full body massage was ok. The spa room decor is great.

The breakfast buffet is standard. None of the food offered were unforgettable. The scrambled eggs were too dry though ;p.

Don't need to opt for sea view room. The whole stretch of the sea viewing balcony will be blocked by trees planted along the beach hahaha.

Room Tip: Superior room does not have hand spray and flexible shower head. There's no authentic kingsized...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Curtisticalism
Dear Curtisticalism

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am truly sorry to hear you disappointments that you have experienced during your stay and regret that our service did not meet your expectations.

Your feedback is very valuable in order for us to improve our services and facilities. We will use this feedback for further innovating. Thank you once again for valuable feedback and hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting our resort in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

With the price we were paying we felt a little short changed despite the hotel being perfectly placed, clean, with great pool facilities and beachfront access.

Unfriendly staff, high prices for everything, occasional unexplained power cuts, and no fresh towels after room service are all reasons why this hotel can't be recommended.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Nickcom
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Nickcom

Thank you for your review on this platform. I was obviously very concerned reading you rcomment about the service level of somoe of our associates, and short fall of services you expreinced during your stay. Needless to say, this is completedly unacceptable and I would like to sincerely apologyize for this matter. I have internally addressed with my team.

Again my apology for leaving you with such a negative impression of our resort and I hope we will get a chance to regain your confidence and show you the improvements in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Ms. Rattavadee Vachaviputt
Resient Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed four nights five days here and the service was the best, the room was very spacious and went for two twin beds, which i had altered my orginally booking and from previous experience that holiday was worried they'd get it wrong, but they didn't. Had great views over the sea and could walk directly directly on to the beach. I'd be recommend to go there and would certainly recomment to other to go. Fantastic location and staff were very helpful in booking the excursions I wanted to go on. However I would suggest booking any excursions through toursit information centre as save some money and same excursions, i noticed i was paying a prenium for this. The breakfast wasn't great, I only had it twice as most of the food was that bad. Also wrong season, only go between september and March since it rained the 4/ 5 days i was there, however did love the thai massage and pina in a coconuts to make up for it.

Room Tip: Go for sea view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank katiekitten2014
Dear katiekitten2014

Thank you for your stay and your overall review. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed our room facing sea view which offering stunning views of the Andaman Sea.

In regards of the excursion please allow me to explain to you that the rate offered may look a bit higher than outside tour courter however, we are selected the professional tour companies in Krabi by considering of quality and guest safety is the most important. All the company has insurance cover all incidents which may occur which travelling with them, and we are able to assist our guest at the time as they will inform us directly.

It was pity the weather was a bit wet during your stay; Krabi is difference than other area in facing Andaman Sea as sometimes it's raining cats and dogs and the next day with sun’s shining. However, hopefully moving forward ending of the rainy season in the next few month, sun will be right on top of us every day.

Las but not least, I am glad to note that you enjoyed Thai Massage and our signature Pina Carada in the Coconut. We hope to welcome you back for another stay with us in the near future.

Rattavadee Vachaiputt
Seattle
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I attended a conference here and had a very nice experience. The hotel has two pools which were a great place to hang out. It's right on the beach so there is easy access. It's right in town so all the restaurants, mini-marts, etc. are very handy. My room had a nice view over the pool, it was very clean, the bathroom was fine, the housekeepers were very friendly and helpful, the staff at the front desk were also very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is good though the other meals are a bit pricey. The only downside is that there isn't an elevator which wasn't a big deal for me but if you don't like stairs then I would request a ground floor room.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if you don't like stairs you should request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Over60Countries

Warm greeting from the sun shine day in Aonang Beach and thank you indeed for your wonderful review. It was my great pleasure to have our guest left us with great memorable. Your kind words have indeed been rewarding for our entire team member for their strong efforts extended to our guests.

In regards of the elevator we are planning to install by this year to meet today’s guest’s expectation.

We are all very much looking forward to your return. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you plan to visit our resort in the near future. Thank you once again for your valuable remarks.

Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ao Nang Villa resort is a great place to stay with just one drawback. The resort is relatively new and is a three story complex. The drawback is that there are no lifts in the resort. We were there in 35 degree heat and 70% humidity and staying on the top floor. Up and down to the pools, the beach, the restaurants etc. why anyone would build a resort without lifts is a mystery. However if you state in your reservation you don't want an upper room you will be OK. The resort is very nice with lovely pools and swim up bars. Good breakfast selection both Thai and European. Afternoon teas, coffees and snacks at 4pm in the lounge. Two nice restaurants for evening dinners. Great Spa for treatments as well as in house massage area.

Room Tip: Try to get a downstairs room if you are not very fit. Few rooms with sea views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom O
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Tom O

Thank you for your compliments and feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry for not been able to provide you with elevator at this stage; however, we are in progress of planning to install the elevator in the near future. However, I am glad to hear that you are enjoyed overall stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again for another great stay soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Fantastic staff, great restaurants, immaculate rooms, views and facilities was a pleasure to stay there.. grounds were also immaculate and a pleasure wish we had gone there first...
Cesar Quintana and Emily Ceshker

Room Tip: Pool and ocean view breathtaking....
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Emily R
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Emily and Cesar

After reading your review, I can only find the word ‘Thank you’ to express my gratitude for your review posted on this platform. Your kind words and compliments for our associates and the resort are truly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your chosen to stay with us, and taking the time to post this positive review. We hope to welcome you back again for another pleasant stay in the future.