“Reasonably good”

Ranked #11 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
London, United Kingdom
“Reasonably good”
Reviewed 28 May 2011

After reading the reviews here, I have to admit at being a little disappointed with this hotel. Having said that, it is quite a nice place, in quite a nice setting, with good rooms and good service. And its seems to be fairly good value for money for the area too. All in all, it is reasonably good and I would go again!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the main hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank willpickford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Just returned from a trip to South Thailand. After some business in Phuket my wife and I wanted some days with relaxation. We could not have picked a better spot. Vogue stood out among the hotels in Ao Nang and we made a last minute booking direct with the hotel. Bought the Romance Package in the Deluxe Ocean room. Room was clean, big and nice, only thing that was not perfect is the lack of a door to the toilet. They have a wierd bathroom configuration! But this did not really put us off as we are married, however if traveling with a group of friends I might have changed rooms.

Check in was fast and the Hotel Manager personally greeted us. Nice touch. He was always around chatting with guests or instructing his staff.

The swimming pool and the bar was nice and almost empty so plenty of space to relax. We also tried the Spa. A l\bit more expensive than the massage places on the street, but then again, this was a proper Spa and we had a really good massage.

Breakfast was also really good for a 3.5* hotel, actually, among the better I have had in this level of hotel in Thailand. Staff at breakfast was efficient and liked to chat with the guests. Thank you, but make sure you smile a little more :)

Location is close to everything and a 5-10 min walk down to the beach. Try the Indian restaurant called Tandoori Nights just down from the hotel if you are up for a curry. Really tasty! Seen in other reviews complaints about the bar across the road, they played music indeed, but not loud at all and it did not bother us!

Would return and stay again if I come back to Ao Nang, and have already recommended it to some of my friend! Keep up the excellent job!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Th0mas_the_traveller
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I planned my Krabi trip for 2 months and this was the resort I decided on after shortlisting a few potential ones. I surprised my girlfriend (now my fiancee) with the romance package (ocean view room) and booked directly through the OAM website (best price). This included 2 way airport transfer, sparkling wine, fruits and all the flower deco you see in the photos.

The driver was already waiting for us at the airport upon our arrival and we reached the place in about 30 mins drive. We were given welcome cold towels and drinks to cool ourselves. The lady at the help desk was very friendly and fluent in her English as she guided us through the resort and to the room where we'll be staying. We took the 4th floor (highest) and she personally walked up with us since there was no lift. By the end of the climb, I could see that she was already panting! Bravo to her working ethic!

We were totally in awe of our room. Everything was there as promised and look exactly the same as in the photos. Most importantly my girlfriend loved the deco and setup. The view was beautiful. Even though it's 'Ocean View', we are actually overlooking the cliff, vegetation and just have a slight glimpse of the Andaman Sea. The king size bed was just nice, not too soft or hard for me.

The resort is nearby to all amenities (grocery store, restaurants, MacD etc) and is just a 10min walk to the beach and the souvenir shops. Best is to go during late noon/evening as the mid-day sun was scorching. Some reviewers have highlighted on the noisy pub across the street but we're not affected by that since we're staying at the inner block and on the high floor.

Breakfast wise was a decent selection, with Thai and International fare. They tasted good too. However on the last day (Monday) when we checked out, they seem to have cut down on the amount of food and selection. This could be due to the fact that majority of people have already checked out on Sunday. The milk also wasn't so fresh. (must have been out in the open for too long)

The other issue were variety of insects you might encounter since we're staying near the vegetation. My girlfriend was terrified by a large moth that camped outside our room. The bathtub had minor stains here and there, which certainly will require more attention from the cleaners.

Other than that, our stay was very memorable and we'll definitely suggest this place to all couples / honeymooners. The staff even went the extra mile to surprise my girlfriend with a birthday cake, as her birthday fell on the 2nd day of our stay. Thanks Vogue!

Room Tip: Book from oamhotel website for the best deal.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TeenyGlaze
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I have recently returned from another two weeks at Vogue Resort. Still a top place to visist! Ao Nang is very quiet at the moment, so found an excellent deal for the hotel at their website. Only had a little rain while there, and islands outide Ao Nang are practically empty! Phranang Beach and Hong Island was fantastic!!! Since my last visit they have installed a sound system in the pool bar which was nice. Also breakfast is now served in the garden instead of inside and it was really nice sitting outside in the green lush garden having my morning coffee. Yes, there are a lot of steps and no elivator, and the bar across the road sometime plays laud, but this are things everyone who reads tripadvisor knows, so no complaints from me. Thank you to all the staff and management for making me feel at home again. I highly recommend Vogue, and will be back in November!

Room Tip: Ask in the reception
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Arildvia
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Good service and very luxury room but my room can't see view
totally i love it .

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kanokkook
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights at the end of April. Our booking included a free upgrade from a superior room to a deluxe. I am yet to notice the difference between the two, they looked the same to me. Anyway on arrival the manager checked us in and we had a chat about the area, offered a cold drink and towel which is always nice, but quite standard of hotels of this calibre in Thailand.

We had arrived early so our room wasn't ready. However they looked after our bags, gave us some towels and we took a walk along the beach and spent some time at the pool. The pool is nice and only one day it was busy, but there were two loungers left. Its not a massive pool, but nice for a dip after a hot day.

Food was good, we had lunch at the pool bar .... just a pizza and chips. Not bad value either, more so than just down the road, but convenient at the time. Breakfast was good, be-careful of what time you get there. I think it was suppose to finish at 10:30, but if you woke up late at 10:00 things start to run out which is inevitable.

As for the room, again this was very clean and in good condition. Has 2 bottles of free water a day, safe in room, TV, balcony, air con and a fan, shower and separate bath. Our first room was on the top floor where the reception is based. The road noise wasn't a problem but at 11:00pm - 2:00am the coconut bar across the road plays load music. For two of the nights it wasn't really a problem as we were either so jet lagged we passed out and the other time we went over to the bar. But one night after a long day, we just couldn't sleep it was so loud. The next morning the asked to move rooms. Again no problem and we moved to another block, much quieter and a better quality of sleep was had.

The disappointments for me were that we didn't get our free upgrade, a bit noisy and even though we asked for a double, we always got two singles pushed together. A couple of minor ones, once we didn't get bath towels and our duvets didn't have sheets on them? For a 4 star hotel I would expect this at a minimum. The bathrooms could do with a little updating.

The good points are that the staff are very friendly, the rooms are clean, the location is good. Its 5 minutes walk to the beach and there are plenty of shops, supermarkets, restaurants on your door step.

I guess it depends on how much you pay to stay. For the price we paid, it was value for money and was fine. I can imagine that in peak season, some could be disappointed if prices are expensive.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bionicgrasshopper
Herrenberg, Germany
Reviewed 19 May 2011

This is my second review although i've used Trip Advisor many times before. This hotel really was awesome!!

I would be repeating many things Lionel_Betty were saying, but since my stay was 10 days ago, I can safely vouch for the fact that nothing has changed since Oct 2010.

One thing to note is that this hotel is NOT wheelchair friendly. My parents initially didn't like the idea of walking up so many stairs to get to the pool, then to the rooms (we stayed at the Ocean Deluxe room on the second floor) . But after a day being around soo much greenery and having the gorgeous view of the sea and the beautiful mountains, suddenly the walk was all worth it.

The hotel transport was a little expensive, but like mentioned before, they were spot on with waiting for you, having your name spell correctly, picking up your bags etc, attitude was outstanding.

Overall highly recommended if you are not on crutches or a wheelchair.

Room Tip: Cheap grocery store next door to Vogue!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family