“Great Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 110 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed for 4 nights between 30.9 - 4.10.13.

Pros:

Extremely welcoming staff and great service. Makes you really feel at home.

Great location. Located on the Ao Nang's main street with lots of restaurants and shops. With only 5 minutes walk to the beach and to the long tail boats station where you can get a boat to Railay or Phra Nang beaches. The hotel supplies you with a beach bag with extra towels to take with you to the beach.

Really big, comfortable and well-decorated rooms. We stayed in a pool-view room which was really nice and quiet (although on the first floor).
The resort's rooms are not on the road itself, so there's no noise from the traffic.

Nice pool.

Good breakfast.

Excellent wifi (included in room's rate).

A safe inside the room.

Cons:

There's a very loud karaoke operating across the street until late. We barely heard it inside our room but it was heard quite well in the balcony and in fact anywhere outside the room.
I strongly recommend asking for a room away from the karaoke.

General:

We really liked "Jenna's restaurant" which is just 2 minutes walk along the main street. It is not cheap (in Thai standards) but the food is worth it.

Room Tip: If you're a light-sleeper, ask for a room away from the karaoke.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear U G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your resent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed with the comfortable and well-decorated rooms, the pool, breakfast, excellent wifi and extremely welcoming staff and I will be sure to share with all team member. Regarding the coconut bar across the road I have been working with Krabi Government office and I will make sure they would stop playing loud live music by mid-night.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you found many areas of the resort your liking. I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed from 27-30th September 2013 (4 days 3 nights)

1) Good pointers of the hotel:
Great location: Ideal location because you can just walk down the streets for good food, massage, light shopping and bars as well! There are many restaurants, massage parlors, shops for you to walk-in! And when I say food, it's all different cuisines for you to choose from (thai, seafood, indian etc) so don't have to worry about your meals at all (:

I think most importantly, the streets where Vogue is located have lots of agencies for you to choose your day packages from as well! So it's really ideal. Just about 15-20 minutes walk away from Ao Nang beach (take note that this is just a normal beach, not clear waters and all). And not to mention, Starbucks and other bars are just around the corner as well (:

2) Allowed early check-in: I thought this was a thumbs-up since some resorts can be quite particular about not allowing early check-in. But since we touched down around 11ish, we were glad we are able to do an early check-in to put down our stuffs and explore the place (:

3) Polite staff: Received greetings every single time we walked past the breakfast area & the counter area. Really pleasant.

4) Big, spacious, comfortable: We had the premier deluxe room and I would like comment that it's really nice to see that the hotel looked exactly like how the photos were taken (: & the bed was really comfortable too!

Some pointers to note:
1) We loved the private balcony since we were both smokers - but please take note that you would have to switch off all lights at night to prevent all the creepy crawlies from flying in. We had quite a bad experience chasing a wasp out of the room at night.

2) Cleaniness: The hotel was definitely neat, tidy and clean in general, but we thought the flooring was kind of dusty and sandy when we first entered the room though. Could have been better (but because we are more particular about cleaniness). No disturbing stains or dirt anywhere though so no worries about that.

3) Breakfast: Breakfast was disappointing. I guess the only thing we liked was the egg station & probably the pastries & dessert? Would like to suggest for better improvements to be made to quality of food and quantity (in terms of variety).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Wanderrrrlustt,

First of all, thank you for sharing your amazing constructive comment about your recent stay at our Resort.

I am pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. In particular your feedback with regard the Politeness of the staff, the location of the resort, Big-Spacious-Comfortable of Premier Deluxe and Early Check-In is appreciated and I will be sure to share your comment with the team.

I had take noted on the night light to switch off some lights at night to prevent all the creepy crawlies from flying-in also the room flooring cleanliness and in particular the variety of breakfast. I will be sure to follow up by myself and improving on those points.

Please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.

Vogue Resort & Spa Team

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel from Oct. 11 to Oct. 13, 2013. First impression truly will last. From the airport transport to the hotel, the driver greeted us with a smile. And after arriving at the resort, the front desk together with the manager welcomed us with warm greetings and very accommodating. She even assisted with the processing before checking in. All preparation was set as what we talked about before our arrival. There is nothing more we can say but it was the best. To the manager, thank you for helping with the arrangement for my girlfriends birthday, she liked the room, cake and the flowers so much, it was really the best birthday vacation we had. The location is perfect as it's very accessible to restaurants and other commercial establishments, 5mins walk and you're at the beach.Too bad we were not able to try the spa and the buffet as we had limited time. We're planning to come back together with friends and will definitely stay at your hotel again. (I know I'm being redundant, but for us, it is the best).

Keep it up!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are the best choice
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear AJBeguia,

On behalf of the team we thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us and we so happy that you and your girlfriend had a memorable stay. I have shared your kind words with Khun Thip my Front Office Manager and the Front Office team and they were overjoyed in knowing they contributed your to a successful holiday.

My team very excited that your girlfriend loves the birthday cake and everyone so proud to be part of and had made her special day memorable one at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you found so many areas of the resort your liking. I do hope you will contact me personally to arranging your return to Vogue Resort & Spa soon.

Warm Wishes from Vogue Resort & Spa Team,

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel is nicely situated; there's only a few minute's walk to the beach where you can take a long tail boat to for example Poda Island or Chicken Island to enjoy the white sands and chrystal clear water, as the Ao Nang beach itself does not offer these. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms were well maintained by the housekeeping staff. In generel the hotel is maybe a 3+ rather than 4.

We would probably have given 4, but there was one quite big downside; we had paid extra to our travelling agency for a "room with no noise". However, the reality kicked in from the first night of our stay; every night there was a live band accross the street and and they didn't stop until around 1p.m. or so. Though our room was in the farther building of the hotel, the music was so loud we could not sleep regardless of the earplugs. When we went to the front desk to ask whether we could change the room, they said that it's not worth it because the noise is same everywhere. Hmmm. Why sell noisless rooms if there aren't any. Well, as an upside we did get a refund from our travelling agency after our trip.

In generel we did enjoy our stay at Ao Nang and Vogue, and don't want to give like 1 star due to the noise as otherwise the hotel was nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Samis M,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had enjoyable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room, the location of the hotel and in particular the friendliness service from our team member is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

My apologies on the noise from coconut bar across the road which normally we will move the guest whom had problem and sensitive on sleep to our hillside building which located far back from street, of course will be base on room availability. I had asked my front office manager to check with staff and makes sure all of the front desk team is carrying our impeccable room move standard. I have been working with Krabi Government office which targets the Coconut bar controlling their live band music after 23.30 hrs. from November 01, 2013 onward.

So thank you again for your recommendation and I do hope you will contact me personally to arranging your return to Vogue Resort & Spa soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and self stayed in this hotel from 29th.Sept to 1st.Oct.2013.The hotel is located very near to Ao Nang Beach, The hotel staff were very polite and courteous not like the ones we faced in other parts of Thailand. The room was very spacious and was provided with everything starting from the toileteries, fruit basket and tea/coffee making arrangements. The buffet breakfast was too good.Vogue Resort is the best hotel I stayed in throughout my trip to Thailand. People should not miss their stay at Vogue Resort & Spa during their travel to Krabi.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neela519
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Neela519,

Greeting from Vogue Resort & Spa and Thank you very much for reply and great to see how you and your husband enjoyed many things in the Resort; the room, the hotel location, the breakfast, the room’s amenity and particular our friendly team member service is well receive and I will be sure to share with all of my team.

While I thank you for praising our service overall, our young, growing team is certainly still striving to achieve our full potential and it is feedback such as yours which assists us to target areas to improve.

Thank again for all your comments with your 1st review on our hotel in TripAdvisor and I do hope you will contact me personally to arrange your return to Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed for 6 nights in October for my 40th birthday. the rooms are great. one of the best rooms we had in our 3 weeks in Thailand and Cambodia. The pool, gardens and resort in general are well maintained and very green. The staff are very helpful and always saying hello.
Breakfast was all you needed(could have been a bit more variety) but we were always satisfied with breakfast.
The location is very good. 5 minutes walk from the beach. There is so much within 100 metres of this resort. Mcdonalds, 7eleven, 3 indian restaurants(Taj Palace is amazing food) and heaps of local Thai food and heaps of bars.

On our second last day in the resort, the resort manager took the time to make sure we were enjoying our stay. Then that night they bought a cake to our room. Complete surprise and a very nice touch.
WELL DONE VOGUE.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear leejmc73,

On behalf of Vogue Resort & Spa we are thank you very much for sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. It’s always great to know when we get things right and I am delighted to see you and your wife enjoyed it so much and we very pleased to be part of your 40th birthday celebration.

Again thank for your kind word regarding the service and the friendliness you’re received from our staff team member. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that the team member went above and beyond to make you had a great stay.

I was very happy to have conversation with you by share your comment about your stay and I am particularly excite to see your reaction was so positive and thank again for sharing your comment and look forward to welcome your back soon.

Warm Wishes from Vogue Resort & Spa Team,

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel from Oct 5-8. This is a low period due to rainy season. Nevertheless, the hotel made my trip as one of the best hotel I ever stayed. They upgraded the standard room to deluxe room no. 2201. The room is huge and near to the restaurant. The location of the hotel is 5 mins to Mcdonald and Subway. Another 5mins to Ao Nang beach and shopping area. Simply faboulous to this hotel and I will be back again to the same hotel soon.

Room Tip: Get bigger room and compare the rate in tripadvisor.
1  Thank Gerrard73
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Gerrard73,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stayed with us and that we were able to exceed your expectation. Yes, we always happy to upgrade guests to the next room category which of course base on room availability.

Please do drop me a mail when planning your next trip and hopefully we can welcome you back soon and impress once again.