“Good hotel”

Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 7 November 2013

nice stay in this hotel, the room is nice with a big balcony .
All the staff are nice, smily and helpfull.
Just the check out was not easy, the night receptionist didn't know how to process and took a lot of time to do it

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Pauppp64,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stayed with us and that we were able to exceed your expectation.

I have noted on staff English ability on checking out process, I will make sure to improve on that area and please do drop me a mail when planning your next trip and hopefully we can welcome you back soon and impress once again.

There are newer reviews for Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Me & my wife, stayed here for a couple of nights, in Dec 12', as part of our Honeymoon Trip. We got one of the best rooms for ourself. Undoubtedly, this resort has one of the best accommodation that I have lived. Once you wake up in the morning & sit in the balcony, the morning sun view is spectacular from behind the mountains. However, the major disadvantage is the absence of lift in this resort & I had to climb to the 3rd floor. The food also could be slightly improved on.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear DeeptamanMukherjee,

Thank you very much for spending your Honeymoon and writing about your experience with us and I am delight to see that you had such enjoyable and memorable honeymoon and also the premier deluxe room and particular the view from balcony is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

I have noted on the breakfast variety. Regarding the step, the resort is located on a hillside and yes, we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment. So for those who prefer the view, rather than access, I would recommend the Premier Deluxe Rooms at the top of our hillside. If guest prefer no step, we have rooms located in the Superior Room category without a single step to enter the room.

I hope to see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I should assist on arrangement of your next trip.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We booked the Premier Room located on the 4th floor. There were no elevators but the view from our balcony totally made climbing all those steps worth it! Our room was huge, cozy, and clean. Perfectly situated on the main street which is a few meters away from Ao Nang beach, Vogue Resort & Spa is a great place to stay if you want to be in the middle where it all happens.

One thing that my husband and I kind of felt weird about was this: We asked for the hotel to pick us up in the airport, and then on the way to the resort, our driver conveniently stopped in a travel and tours agency and then a guy just entered our car and sold us tour packages. We really felt uncomfortable, like we were forced to decide to book a tour right then and there. It would've been better if the driver asked us first if we're interested to book tours and not just stop at his own convenience. Tourist trap, I must say.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear KabbieRA,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and your constructive review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed with the Premier Deluxe Room, the view from the room, the room cleanliness and particular the location of the resort is well received and I had shared with all team members.

Please accept my apologies on the unprofessional of our transport company about an issue with airport transfer and that our normally van standards were not met. I had spoken with the manager of Transport Company and will make sure this will not happen again to other guests.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

So thank you again for your recommendation and I do hope you will contact me personally to arranging your return to Vogue Resort & Spa soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We are just winding up our 5 night stay at Vogue Resort &Spa having started our 2 week holiday in Thailand in Ao Nang . From the moment we checked in our stay has been fantastic . The rooms are a delight ( free upgrade to the best rooms with views of the mountain , beach and pool was much appreciated) spotlessly clean , made up early every day and such comfortable beds . We are traveling with family members so the connecting door on the balcony was a plus, so good to just chill out up there after a days adventuring , a perfect start to the evening . The staff members are all so helpful , nothing is too much trouble and they were very friendly . Breakfast was plentyful and delicious , the only fault there was the very week tea ...... Coffee was great as were the omelettes . The pool is in a perfect setting , again spotlessly clean and attentive bar staff . We have loved our stay and wished we had booked for longer , we are now headed to Kata Beach for the next 9 nights so farewell Ao Nang ....... We've had a great time .

Ps make sure you visit Thailandia just down the road on the opposite side , nice food , great atmosphere and fun entertainment !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gina E
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Gina E

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room and the view from Premier Deluxe Room’s balcony, The Pool, Breakfast and in particular friendliness service from our team member well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

While I thank you for praising our service overall, our young, growing team is certainly still striving to achieve our full potential and it is feedback such as yours which assists us to target areas to improve.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel lies some 500 meters from the beach in Ao Nang next to the main street just before the really touristy parts. When it comes to hotel facilities there is a small pool area with a stunning view of the ocean, a restaurant and a bar by the pool where you can also order some food. The food is average, neither good or bad.

What really stands out in this hotel is the service-mindedness of the staff. The service is truly excellent. The staff is very keen to help you with whatever request you might have and always does it with a smile. They can help you with tours, late check-outs, fixing broken items, getting baby sitting etc. I have been to luxurious five star hotels who do not provide the same level of service. The manager can be proud of the staff.

As for the hotel, the hotel is not very big and as such it is not a hotel where you spend your entire day relaxing.But if your plan is to make day trips to Phi-Phi island, Snorkeling etc then this is a very good place to stay at. The rooms are of decent size (30 sqm I think) and some rooms are inter-connecting. I would recommend a room with a view over the pool. There are some stairs you need to climb so if you are in a wheel chair this might not be the best place.

I would come here again because of the service. I would not pick this hotel if you just wish to stay in a sun bed all day long and do not wish to leave the hotel. If you wish a good place to stay to further investigate Krabi and take day tours then this hotel is very nice.

Tip: To make the hotel a little bit more family oriented why don't you make one of the rooms not used, next to the pool into a kids club? You would only need to have a play station and TV plus some tables and toys for kids to be very happy.

Room Tip: Take a room with a view over the pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fredrikc440
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear fredrikc440,

Greeting from Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang and Thank you for creating a review of the resort and it was a pleasure that you and your family enjoyed with Premier Deluxe room, the pool and particular the service-mindedness from our staff is well received and I will be sure to share to the team. Regarding the room size, our Superior to Premier Deluxe room sizing starts from 38 sqm. - 42 sqm.

I have take noted on your suggest regarding the hotel facilities to improve to a little bit more family oriented, I will be sure to put in my action plan on implementation and see the opportunity to improve in the future.

I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back again to Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang. Please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit and let me know if there is anything at all which I may assist.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

If you are looking for a restful peaceful night sleep do not stay in the room we stayed in (2308) it was one of the last rooms on the left closest to the road, it had a good view of the bay and in the day time was fine however when we came back to sleep after dinner it was like a nightclub! There's a late night karaoke bar across the street and the noise was so loud I couldn't sleep. I didn't ask to change rooms as we were exhausted and only here for one night stay, we didn't want the hassle of moving rooms and packing again first thing.

There was only one restaurant choice in the hotel when we arrived for a table the staff were all sat around laughing with each other and did not stop their conversations to great us, nobody was eating in there which we didn't take as a good sign so we headed in to the town to eat.

The room was very basic and out dated, there was a gecko running round in our room and we couldn't catch it to put it outside, that also made me not sleep soundly, along with the annoying fly buzzing around that had been trapped in there the whole time.

The only thing good about the hotel is the location as it right on the strip and walking distance to the beach but you pay for it with noise. If you stay here ask to be in a room away from the road!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kerri N
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Kerri N,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologising for your recent stay with us. While it’s great that you appreciated the view from the room and the location of the hotel but it was disheartening to read that you were let down by some issues during one night of your stay.

I am sincerely sorry that the noise from the coconut bar across the road had made your unsatisfied with the stay. I had met with the owner of the coconut bar together with Krabi government office and they agreed to control the live band music by stop playing at mid-night from Nov 01, 2013. With regards the staff service in one of our restaurant, I am genuinely sorry that there was an issue with you and that our normally impeccable standard were not met. I will personally follow this up in detail with F&B team.

Your comments with regard on gecko and fly buzzing are well noted and I will discuss further with the team here at hotel as we continue to develop and improve our superior customer service.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you found some areas of the resort your liking. I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights with my wife in August

Location:

We arrived in Ao-Nang by boat from Phi-Phi, from the pier we got a tuk-tuk to the hotel (150bhat), it was a short drive maybe 5-10 minutes. The hotel is located halfway up the hill on the main street, it is 5mins walk to the beach and all the beachfront café’s and Bar’s. It is a perfect location for experiencing the nightlife of Ao-Nang

Room:
We stayed in a Premier Deluxe Room which overlooked the pool area. The room was huge, beautifully decorated with a stunning 4Poster-Bed, a lovely private balcony and an oversized tub in the room itself, it was a truly beautiful room very well decorated in thai style.

Hotel/Resort:
The hotel itself is wonderfully decorated, it has every available amenity you could wish for, Wifi is free throughout the resort. There are 2 pools with a poolside bar and snack area. Our room was located on the second floor and there was no lift (this may be an issue for older travellers) however the climb up the stairs wasn’t too difficult. There is a hotel gym however it was mainly an exercise bike & treadmill.

Breakfast was served buffet style, I found the breakfast to be quite pleasant, my wife stayed mostly to the pastries however she found them to be nice. We ate lunch at the poolside bar and ordered room service , both times the food was lovely.

Staff:
Like most resorts in Thailand it’s major plus is its staff. Every time, either coming or going, you are greeted with a warm friendly smile. The staff will try to assist you anyway they can.

Overall:
This is an amazing resort in the perfect location (close to the nightlife but not close enough that your kept awake) It is staffed by a great bunch of people who really do want you to enjoy your stay. If I’m ever lucky enough to return to Ao-Nang I would defiantly stay in this resort again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear steof1984,

First of all, thank you for sharing your amazing comment about your recent stay at our Resort.

I am pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. In particular your feedback with regard the friendliness of the staff, the premier deluxe room & deco , the swimming pool and the location of the hotel is appreciated and we very proud you had raised us an amazing resort in the perfect location. I will be sure to share your comment with the team.

I am also particular pleased that you also took the time to enjoy and eat at the pool bar and room service. Next time you visit make sure to try the “Phad Thai Goong” (Tamarind-spiced fried rice noodles with eggs) which is a personal favorite of mine.

Please stay in touch when you are planning your next year visit, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.