“Nice hotel in the heart of Ao Nang”

Ranked #14 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Sunnyvale, California
“Nice hotel in the heart of Ao Nang”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

As with all hotels, you want one that suits your needs. We had 3 weeks in Thailand previously staying at higher end hotels. Unfortunately some of these nice 5 star hotels can be on large properties typically out of the main town with outrageous food prices. Having tired of that we tried Vogue. The location is right in the heart of Ao Nang. Local food, massage, shopping, dive shops .... in abundance. The property is medium sized perched on the hillside. Plenty of stairs throughout the property, so would not stay here if that is an issue. Well cared for with a slight exotic feel. Ample pool, but nothing to compare to the big resorts if that is what you need. Service was fine, but we did not test it either. Breakfast was above average, but not 5 star. Did not eat dinner at the resort since the street life is the whole reason you stay here. Room was above average with nice hardwoods and the whole resort was clean. Potential issues with street noise for some of the rooms, so if you want it quiet, stay in the back. More of a climb, but worth it IMO. Verdict: If you want a comfortable room in a very well located area, plan much of your time out of the resort, and are able to pay a little extra over I would say come here. If you want to go less expensive there are other options. If you want a true 5 star, not going to find that in town. For what I wanted, it exceeded expectations so I am giving it a 5.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott M
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear XScottx,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room and the staff service, the pool and in particular location of the hotel is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

While I thank you for praising our service overall, our young growing team is certainly still striving to achieve our full potential and it is feedback such as yours which assists us to target areas to improve.

I hope to see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I should assist on arrangement of your next trip.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Most of the staff are friendly. They will greet your arrival with fruit juice. Besides they are willing to assist with your query. The room is very comfortable. For your convenience, they will even provide umbrellas, slippers and towels in your room. I just wonder why my room was not decorated with towels-made swan. This is a very basic greeting in Krabi. The only drawback is no lift access. We booked a premier deluxe room which is located at the highest floor (4th Floor). Anyway the room is spacious with a wonderful view. We felt that it is worth to climb the stairs. There is a big bathtub in the room. You can enjoy it while watching the television. Overall experience was great, I would recommend this hotel to my friends. Thanks front office manager, Thipyarat and resort manager, Phusit for paying attention to my request.

Room Tip: My room number is 4301, located at the corner of the highest floor. The view is great!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank louisgml
Dear louisgml,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review and ee are very pleased to read that you enjoyed with our friendly staff service, the room amenity and particular our premier deluxe and we very proud you had raised us a luxury resort in Ao Nang.

Yes, the Premier Deluxe Rooms offer an ambience of luxury and romance with their oversized tubs, separate showers, and large four-poster bed which overlook through the pool to Ao Nang bay.

Please do drop me a mail when planning your next trip to Ao Nang and hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Ohio
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I really loved this place and would have given it five stars but the bar across the street played very loud music until 1 am. We moved rooms and it was better but we could still hear the music. The staff said the bar is losing its lease soon so the music will stop then. The staff was outstanding! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The pool is gorgeous. The location Is very good. Book this hotel if the loud music has stopped.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Chuck S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your recent visit to our hotel. We are delighted to read that you and your family have enjoyed the stay with us and very pleased that you liked our room, the swimming pool, the location of the hotel and particular on our friendly staff service.

Yes, I delighted to inform that the Coconut Bar would be ending their contract by April, 2014 which they will move to somewhere else.

Do not hesitate to contact me at any time when planning your next trip to Ao Nang, I will personally ensure you have another great stay with us.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here November 2013 as part of our honeymoon. I was feeling very ill during the night at around 4:30-5am in the morning. My husband called the reception desk where there was no answer. He tried several times. We were staying in the honeymoon suite high up on the fourth floor, a very long way down to the reception with no lift. My husband had to leave me to go and find a doctor in the middle of the night because there was no one on the reception desk. The doctor sent an ambulance and when id managed to get down to reception there was still noone manning the reception. I was put at risk because there was no one on reception and my husband had to leave me to find the doctor himself. Do not stay here. The staff are terrible.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank raj20135
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear raj20135,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review here and sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you had whilst staying with us, especially on such a special occasion as a Honeymoon.

I am very alarmed to learn that when you were unable to contact anyone at Reception in the early hours of the morning and due to the severity of this issue, please rest assured that I am looking into this personally to ensure that such a situation does not repeat itself in future.

Hope that in future you will reconsider and choose to stay with us again so that we may be able to show you that we have learnt from your experience.

Kind regards,

Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and i went to Ao nang for our honeymoon and we spend our first 2 nights there in Vogue resort.We booked our room through Agoda and although it is discounted but the staffs of the resort still give us their very best treatment.Upon arrival we were given some refreshment and our room was decorated with roses petal.we even have flowers in our bathtub! The hotel interior is very cultural so if you seek to experience some thai elements, i think Vogue resort is the perect place. We didnt order breakfast so i could not tell how it is but based on what i see the selections are very basic but varies.For our room, we booked the premium deluxe which is recommended for honeymoners and bases on other reviews, the only downside to this room is it is on the fourth floor without lift.However i don't find this nuisance as we enjoyed taking our time. The location to the beach is approximately 10minutes or so but you wouldn't feel it because along the way there's so many shops and restaurants. Just opposite the hotel there's a restaurant called Lemon, it is halal and the food was superb! Overall both husband and i enjoyed our stay there and were very happy to choose it as our first hotel

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nur Ilmiah A
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Nur Ilmiah A,

Thank you very much for spending your Honeymoon and sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. I am delight to see that you enjoyed honeymoon, the premier deluxe room, the service from our team member and particular the location of the hotel is well received.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant , bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

Thank you again for selected us as a first choice of your first visit in Ao Nang, I hope to see you back again at Vogue and please contact me directly so that I can assist to make arrangement.

Noida, India
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Me an my wife stayed here for 3N/4D from 8th-11th nov.Overall the hotel location and ambience is very nice.Quality of breakfast was good and the swimming pool is very well maintained.But there management disappointed us a bit.

As it was our first anniversary which was on 10th Nov.I specially dropped a mail to them,called them from my home country and then also asked them during checkin that the room decoration which I have opted for needs to be set up in my room on 10th Nov but on 10th evening when we came back to the hotel at 5 in the evening , the room was not decorated and that made me bit upset as that was the surprise I planned for my wife.They admitted there mistake and finally decorated the room(when we went for an evening walk on the beach) and gave me 50% off on the room decoration.

There is a coconut bar just in front of the resort which plays some good live music and around 200 meters there is an 'Amy's 69 Bar' which is a must visit if you really want to have some cool drinks in a funky atmosphere.

Overall I would recommend this hotel not because of its staff but more because of the ambiance and location.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3305 which is away from the main street.If you want to pay a bit more then do stay...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Voyager_NB

First of all thank you for stayed with us of your first anniversary and thank you a lot for taking the time to write about your recent stay and your constructive review. I am glad that you enjoyed with the Room, Pool, Breakfast and the Resort Location.

I am sincerely sorry that you stay with us fell rather short of your expectations, although I do appreciate your feedback about an issue of the room decoration set up time of your anniversary which our normally standards were not met. I will personally follow this up in detail with the team concerned.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you found many areas of the resort your liking. I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Pau, France
Reviewed 7 November 2013

nice stay in this hotel, the room is nice with a big balcony .
All the staff are nice, smily and helpfull.
Just the check out was not easy, the night receptionist didn't know how to process and took a lot of time to do it

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Pauppp64,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stayed with us and that we were able to exceed your expectation.

I have noted on staff English ability on checking out process, I will make sure to improve on that area and please do drop me a mail when planning your next trip and hopefully we can welcome you back soon and impress once again.