“Definitely not four star!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

and 1 more site!
Ranked #9 of 106 Hotels in Ao Nang
Karachi, Pakistan
“Definitely not four star!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Vogue Resort and Spa was disappointing. Our room was on the second floor so a hike up narrow stairs past the public toilet which always smelled! The room was okay but the bathroom was smelly and looked like it hadn't been given a proper scrub in while. The shower cubicle's sliding door seemed like it would fall off any minute and it barely opened to let you through! Breakfast spread was good with local food like rice and noodles too. Hotel staff seemed a little too casual. comments barely registered and at times it was difficult to communicate. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. smack in the middle with some great seafood restaurants just across the road. Also the beach is about a 15-20 minute walk. There was some sort of musical night happening every night so if you are a light sleeper and don't like overly enthusiastic wannabe rockstars crucifying songs then maybe don't get a front facing room. I think I will give this hotel a miss next time!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear ShaziaK,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and your constructive review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed with the Breakfast and the Resort Location. Please accept my apologies on loud live band music from the bar across the road and the condition of the bathroom.

I am sincerely sorry that you stay with us fell rather short of your expectations, although I do appreciate your feedback about an issue with bath room condition and that our normally cleaning standards were not met. I will personally follow this up in detail with the team concerned. Regarding the loud live band music across the road I will continue work with the Coconut bar owner to make sure they control the value after mid-night.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Nothing wrong with this hotel. Just not 5 stars because they didn't go above and beyond with little details but I would def recommend this hotel or stay there again myself. Amazing buffet breakfast which was one of the top ones I've had in Thailand. Nice room. Beautiful tub. Make sure you know your partner well because there is no door only a mesh curtain closing off the bathroom. Amazing location. Central to many great restaurants. Would def recommend and stay again!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear AmberPaigeCharrette,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your resent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you had enjoyed with the stay and that we were able to exceed your expectation.

Your comments with regard the staff service by going beyond on a small detail are well noted and I will discuss further with the team here at hotel as we continue to develop and improve our superior customer service.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you found many areas of the resort your liking. I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

From the road, Vogue Resort and Spa does not look like much, but that is because the bulk of the resort is built along the gentle slopes of the forested hillside that cannot be seen from in front. Once through the mail lobby building, the Resort opens up with the separate wings of the hotel bordering a large open courtyard of paths and sitting areas built among the trees. There is a large, though not very deep, swimming pool, and much of the courtyard is transformed into an outdoor dining area at night, weather permitting, of course.

My room was large and very comfortable, with nice amenities such as wicker chairs to relax in, and lots of large stuffed pillows to recline against. My outdoor balcony was large and faced out onto the serene courtyard, and was a nice, cool place to relax with my e-reader and something cold to drink.

The staff at the Vogue Resort were very friendly and helpful, and made my stay a very pleasant experience. The breakfast buffet was top notch, and ranked up there with the best I have had in Thailand, with smiling serving staff coming buy regularly to check if I needed more coffee or juice.

The beach is only a short 5-10 minute walk from the front door of the hotel, downhill all the way. Along the main street, there are numerous restaurants, tour agencies, massage shops and bars, all close by.

The highlight of my stay at the Vogue was the Loy Krathong celebrations that the hotel put on for its guests. For the nominal price of a buffet dinner, the hotel not only served a great meal, but also provided an evening of entertainment. The female staff were all dressed up in colourful, traditional Thai clothing, and performed dances and songs on a small stage. A "fire-thrower" juggled flaming batons, even moving amongst the tables as he did so. At the of the evening, all the guests were invited to light a candle on a little flower boat (krathong) and launch it into the swimming pool. It was all done in that great Thai spirit of fun and enjoyment.

Altogether this was a great stay in Krabi, and I would not hesitate to stay again at the Vogue Resort and Spa.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear vanguy2011,

Greeting from Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang and Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review on November and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated many things in the resort; the room, the view from Premier Deluxe Room’s balcony, the breakfast, the hotel location, the friendliness service from our team member and particular the Loy Krathong celebrations by our lovely pool is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Again thank for your kind word regarding the service and the friendliness you’re received from our staff team member and particular the F&B staff on the breakfast service. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that the team member went above and beyond to make you had a great stay.

I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements on your next visit and we looking forward to welcome your back for coming Loy Krathong celebration with us again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel in Ao Nang. The room was excellent. We had an upgrade due to Some booking issues with a third-party. Nice view over the swimmingpool. The beach is nearby. Plenty if restaurants and shops. There is one bar where a band is playing every night. This might be an issue but for is it wasn't. Breakfast was good. More than enough to choose.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Berry P,

On behalf of the team we thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us and so happy that you had a great stay. I have shared your kind words with my team and they were overjoyed in knowing they contributed to a successful holiday.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with its collection of restaurant bars and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

I hope to see you back again at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I should assist on arrangement of your next trip.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

staff friendly,the stairs to the room are a bit of a hike,the room was lovely four poster bed ,open large bath nice for relaxing while watching tv,nice balcony with lovely views of pool and island off the beach were we visited on boat trip.breakfast was good ,beach 10 mins down road fun watching the monkeys that live close to the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear mrnmrsmtb,

On behalf of Vogue Resort & Spa we are thank you very much for sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. It’s always great to know when we get things right and I am delighted to see you enjoyed the view from premier deluxe balcony, the breakfast, the bath room and particular the friendly staff service from our team member is well received.

Yes, the Premier Deluxe Rooms offer an ambience of luxury and romance with their oversized tubs, separate showers, and large four-poster bed which is perfected for honeymoon couple and a great view from balcony.

Thank again for sharing your comment and look forward to welcome your back soon.

Victoria, BC, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Upon arriving at the resort, we were pleased to be advised that our Deluxe room had been upgraded to a Premier Deluxe room. However, we were somewhat dismayed when we found that we had to climb approx. 100 stairs to get to it and there was no elevator. The resort is made up of several buildings on the side of a hill, with the reception lobby at the bottom, so you have to climb stairs to get to any of the buildings where the guest rooms are located. Our room was on the highest floor from the reception lobby; hence, the long climb.

Aside from that, the room was wonderful, with a lovely view of the nearby cliff and the islands off the beach. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. The pool was also very nice, but the climb to our room was still almost 60 stairs from it.

The area nearby was very commercialized and the beach was about a 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is on the same level as the pool.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear CoolCouple99,

Greeting from Vogue Resort & Spa and Thank you very much for reply and great to see how you enjoyed many things in the Resort; the upgrades to Premier Deluxe room, the view from the room, the pool, the location of the hotel and particular on our friendly team member service.

While I thank you for praising our service overall, our young, growing team is certainly still striving to achieve our full potential and it is feedback such as yours which assists us to target areas to improve. I am pleased to inform we have planned to install the elevator on our hillside building once in place I will share on our Facebook.

Thank again for all your comments and I do hope you will contact me personally to arrange your return to Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang.

Poole UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel has a very convenient location with wonderful views of the cliffs and the sea in the distance from our room, which was extremely comfortable, well-decorated and modern. The staff were all friendly and welcoming, especially the manager, Ms Thipyarat and Reception staff Miss May and Miss Arannee. The breakfast included a great selection of items and was always something to look forward to. Hope to go back again.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are the best
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear nl118,

Thank you very much for spending your stay and writing about your experience with us. I am delighted to see that your had wonderful stayed with us and also pleased that you liked the room, the view from Premier deluxe’s balcony and particular the friendliness of our staff service.

Again thank for your kind word regarding the service and the friendliness you’re received from our staff team member and particular Khun Thip my Front Office Manager and her team Khun May & Khun Arranee our Front office team. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that the team member went above and beyond to make you had a great stay.

I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements on your next visit and we looking forward to welcome your back for celebrating your next birthday with us again.