“Extremely convenient”

Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The best thing for Vogue was the location, extremely convenient. When you stepped out the hotel, turned left you had choices of food, lounge and massage; you turned right you had choices of food: McDonald, Starbucks, Subway, Thai food, 7 11,shops for shopping, massage, beach.
We stayed at 3rd floor of deluxe room and we got to walk up to reach our room, good exercise. The room size was not huge just normal but it was clean. They provided rattan beach bag with beach towel. The breakfast was alright with enough choices. The pool was nice and enjoyed to swim. All staff were friendly but few of them were not well in english, especially the night duty staff at receiption counter.
Just opposite the hotel, there were 2 restaurants for thai food, which were Aree Baba (price is reasable and good food) and Luck Yim (price is cheap and food delicious).
We will come again, Vogue.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chee Ken C
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Chee Ken C,

Greeting from Vogue Resort & Spa and Thank you very much for reply and great to see how you enjoyed many things in the Resort; the room, the breakfast, the pool, the friendliness of staff team member and particular the location of the hotel is well received.

While I thank you for praising our service overall, our young, growing team is certainly still striving to achieve our full potential and it is feedback such as your which assists us to target areas to improve.

Thank again for all your comments which I have noted on some of our staff English speaking abilities and I do hope you will contact me personally to arrange your return to Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang.

There are newer reviews for Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Wow...the best hotel...with excelence staff. Wifi make the connectivity with other world made easy.A lot of shop near by and a lot of food to choice with great price...totaly value for money. ...will go again...sure..
Savadikap...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siva P

Dear Siva P,

On behalf of the team we are thank you for taking the time to do a review of the resort and the team so happy you had a wonderful stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectation.

Our team work hard to ensure everyone is happy and glad we were able to meet all you need and thank you for the review again and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Its a Nice place to stay. Being conveniently located, close to the market, the sea and all the happening places. The breakfast buffet was nice. But would like to explore other options next time !! No complaints though...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stayed with us and that we were able to exceed your expectation.

Please do drop me a mail when planning your next trip and hopefully we can welcome you back soon and impress once again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Good location,nice old style room and clean. very convenient Just 30mins from airport and 5mins walk to port to traveling at another bay. Have many shop and restaurant around the hotel. Nice hotel,
Ill be back here again 100%

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Xuyunmiao,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your resent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stayed with us and that we were able to exceed your expectation.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed at Vogue for ten nights in April 2014. We had asked for connecting family rooms but not given these on check in however the hotel provided us with a complementary upgrade of rooms two days later where there was a connecting arrangement. Rooms were clean, nice bathrooms, pool towels provided as well as rattan beach/pool bag and flip flops. All staff were very nice, polite and engaging, range of food available at breakfast, nice bar/snack menu. Location is perfect, ten min walk to beach (max), shops, bars, restaurants straight outside the front door! Only downside is amount of steps - no problem for us but might not be appropriate for others. Good value for money overall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mrsb-NY
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear mrsb-NY,

Thank you very much for spending 10 days and writing about your experience with us. I am delight to see that you enjoyed with the room, the breakfast, the pool bar, the friendliness of our team member and particular the location of the hotel is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Yes, we always happy to upgrade to next categories which of course depending on the room availabilities. I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

Please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just spent a night here on my way to Krabi airport. The hotel is quite old with old style bathrooms (no stand-up shower in mine, just an old-style - and old! - bathtub/shower combo with shower curtain), a little disappointing for the price paid. That being said, the beds are comfy and everything seems to work, plus amazing water pressure and lots of hot water. I was in room 1201 and slept really well - no noise whatsoever could be heard from the room, except for the occasional laughter or scream coming from the hallway outside my room. The pool / pool area is quite nice, and the beach towels left in a rattan beach bag inside the room are a nice touch, I thought.
Yet, I had one rather serious problem with my room: the kettle. I don't know whether it was defective or not, but the kettle in my room did not shut off on its own after the water started boiling. It did look like a really cheap kettle and I sure hope that these kettles are not made this way by default, as it would pose a serious fire hazard in this type of environment. Anyway, the water must have boiled for a good five minutes before I realized the kettle had not shut itself off, so I went ahead to turn it off myself and burned my right thumb in the process. I meant to mention this when I checked out, but I was in a hurry to catch the airport bus, so it skipped my mind. I know that the hotel management responds to almost all reviews here, so I look forward to reading their response on this issue later in this forum, as it is important that it be addressed.
A couple of things worth mentioning: 1- Internet works really well; 2- most of the staff is really nice and smiles can be seen pretty much all around; and 3- the (included) breakfast they serve between 7 and 10:30 in the morning is well presented and more than adequate to start off the day.
If there is one complaint about the hotel itself (and this is a major one), it would be the lack of transparency from the staff when asked about transportation options to the airport. This is a problem I seem to experience everywhere I travel to in Asia. I think I have yet to meet a reception clerk at any major hotel that is straightforward when giving out this kind of information. When I checked in, I asked the kind gentleman at reception what were my options to go to Krabi airport. He mentioned right away the hotel car/taxi, for 800 THB. When I asked him about a cheaper option, he told me about a van/shuttle, available for "around" (I don't know why he was not sure as to the exact cost) 700 THB. This still seemed way too high to me, so I enquired in the area about airport transportation, and discovered that there is an airport bus that leaves roughly every couple of hours during the day from the bus stop located a two-minute walk from the hotel towards the beach, in front of the Starbucks right after the McDonald's, on the same side of the street as the Vogue Resort. It is a white bus clearly marked "Airport Bus", it seats around 20-25 people I'd say, and you just hop on and pay 150 THB to the driver. The ride took just under an hour and was more than comfortable. Easy as pie!
I simply do not understand why hotels persist in trying to overcharge their own customers to make a few extra bucks on their back (and believe me - this hotel is nowhere cheap based on Thai standards), even when it is clear that the person asking for the information is not prepared to pay that much and would not be well served by an incomplete picture. The information I got from two different tour agencies near the hotel, I could have easily received from the hotel reception staff, if they were trained by their superiors to be forthcoming about these types of things. That would have made me feel much more positive about the hotel, and in that case I would have rated the service very good instead of poor, and the property very good instead of average.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Marc M
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear marxusboy,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologising for your recent stay with us. While it’s great that you appreciated our Swimming Pool, The Beach Bag, Free Internet Wifi, The Breakfast and particular the friendliness service from our staff but it was disheartening to read that you were let down by some of hotel physical issues, In room Kettle and Airport service information.

Regarding the airport service pick-up information, Yes our hotel private Van/Car from-to airport cost at THB 800.-(net) per way and of course we always happy on giving the information of other option and my staff should show the professional service, but my team still could have done more to help you and for this I am extremely sorry.

Thank you for notifying us of the issue you experienced with the kettle. This is indeed a hazard and although the kettles we use comply with CE Standards and feature an automatic off switch function, the one found in your room seems to be defective. Thanks to your feedback, we have now removed it and replaced with a brand new one. In addition to this, I have spoken with Housekeeping who will now add as a task on I-Clean checklist so that we can prevent this from happening in future.

As your experiences are central to our operations, I am more than happy to discuss your stay with you further. Please feel free to contact me through TripAdvisor’s Private Messages or by email at any time; (phusit.p@vogueresort.com).

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Recently my husband and I visited The Vogue Resort and Spa. The staff was very friendly and helpful and most spoke English. Our room was on an upper floor, with no elevator, so it is good that was not a problem for us. While there, we had a massage and felt the staff was very professional. The pool is relaxing and never seemed crowded. The pool bar had good options for lunch, but the service was slow. For breakfast, we enjoyed the buffet with such a wide variety of food that anyone should be happy! In the end we had dinner every night at the V Wine Bar and restaurant. The food was very good, the wine selection varied and excellent and the service was quite good. We looked at other restaurants, but nothing else really appealed as much. Many were not air conditioned and I got a bit annoyed at the pushy efforts to persuade us to eat at them.
The walk to the beach was five minutes, but I must say it is not the kind of beach where one sits and relaxes. It is instead where the long boats and larger tourist boats congregate and pick up the tourists. In the evening it is less so and the sunsets can be lovely. We did take a boat trip to PhI Phi Islands through the hotel and were pleased with our tour guide and the crew. The beaches there are white and offer beautiful scenery.
Shopping is plentiful, with all sorts of shops. One learns quickly to bargain about prices.
Probably the only negative about the Vogue was the oddness of how the room was organized. Fresh towels were put in the closet, the hair dryer was in a drawer (we only found it the last day) and there was a lack of privacy between the toilet and the wash basin. Only a curtain divided the space. The basin itself was too big and took up too much space on the countertop, especially when two people needed space for grooming items. However, beach and pool towels were provided along with a bag in which to carry them. One more thing, the bath towels were pretty ragged and not up to the scale of everything else in the hotel. Because the air conditioning goes off when you take your key out upon leaving, it can take a while for the room to cool down when you return.
I would recommend this hotel and would definitely consider returning if we ever go back to Ao Nang.

Room Tip: If you can't do stairs, make sure you mention that when you reserve. Our room overlooked the po...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear muffinAvon,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you and your husband had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room, the pool, the breakfast, the location of the hotel and particular the friendly service from our team member is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

I have noted on how the room equipment set up, the privacy in bath room and the bath towel condition, I will be sure to look into detail on those point. Regarding the step, the resort is located on a hillside, and yes, we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment. So for those who prefer the view, rather that access, I would recommend the Grand Deluxe Rooms at the top of our hillside. If guest prefer no step, we have rooms located in the Superior Room category without a single step to enter the room and I delighted to inform that we have plan in place to build the elevator for the Hillside building, once in place I will be sure to share in Hotel Facebook.

I am also particular pleased that you also took the time to enjoy and eat at the Wine V Bar & Bistro. Next time you visit make sure to try the “Spicy Salmon Saep” (Salmon served with rocket salad, green chili and mint spicy sauce) which is a personal favorite of mine.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you and your husband found many areas of the resort your liking. I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.