“Good location and a very nice hotel”

Ranked #14 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
“Good location and a very nice hotel”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The location of this hotel is right next to mcdonald and starbucks. It is also walking distance to the market where u can easily get food and souvenirs.

This hotel's theme is more on nature, where u can see lots of trees and plants. The best part of the hotel is the toilet, where the basin is actually outside the toilet giving more convenience to the people in the room. One can shower while the other can brush or wash their face outside, saving more time. Love it! I am a girl so mirror is essential, best thing is they have 3 mirrors!!.. Fyi, 3rd person in the room will be charged an additional of RM 80 per night. =\

The con is the room has bad soundproof wall. We had noisy neighbours..={

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Lyanne T,

Thank you for taking the time to share a positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room, the bath room, the resort garden and in particular the location of the resort is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

I hope to see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I should assist on arrangement of your next trip.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We are staying here at the minute and while there are glittering positives the resort seems blind to small yet blatant and easily fixed negatives!
The positives:
-the staff are very friendly and helpful
-the resort/pool well kept and clean
-the location is perfect ,close to Ao Nang itself, short stroll to beach/bars/ restaurants
-breakfast buffet is fresh and plenty to choose from

Negatives:
--the resort is undergoing some refurbs so if your looking for Thai serenity the noise of drills and hammering will make sure you won't achieve that! I know that every resort must go through refurbishment at some time however it is a dampener when it happens on your holiday

--Like other people have mentioned there are no lifts, although I am in my thirties as is my wife the steps to the first floor were but a doddle, however my Inlaws and friends who are in their sixties/seventies on the top floor didn't feel the same!
There are other young people on our floor so perhaps reservations could have been more considerate when allocating rooms.

--The tropical grounds of the hotel are wonderful but they are a breeding ground for Mosquitos, which means the balcony although again very nice rarely got used.

In summary the hotel is good but could be excellent with a little more attention to the finer details

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and your constructive review with us. I am genuinely pleased that you enjoy with the pool, Breakfast, location of the resort and in particular friendliness service from our team member is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

I have noted on those points you had constructed, I will look into detail and following by myself on improve those area. Regarding the step, the resort is located on a hillside and yes, we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment. We have been working for installing the elevator on hillside building which will be in place by coming October and I am apologies the noise you had mentioned from 10.00 – 17.00 hrs during your stay.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you found many areas of the resort your liking. I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family had been traveling in Thailand for two weeks before staying at the Vogue Resort so we had already experienced several hotels in several cities around Thailand. The Vogue Resort fell way below our expectations as far as room and service. We had booked four nights at the resort and were looking forward to a relaxing couple of days in Ao Nang. When we arrived, we liked the grounds and the pool looked nice. However, unfortunately things began to go wrong from there. Our room was located on the fourth floor which the reception desk selected for us the get the best view. However, there is no elevator and climbing the four flights of stairs in order to get in and out of your hotel room several times a day is difficult for those traveling with young children or older adults. Then the room had the air set to a temperature that was much too warm for us with how hot and humid it was outside. We asked to have the air conditioning lowered which they agreed to after several requests. After several hours, the air had only moved down a few degrees and when we looked at the outdated air conditioning unit outside our room we saw the repair man chipping ice of the unit and refilling it with freon. After this the air began moving down. The final straw that broke the camels back was when we went to take a shower later in the evening there was no hot water. We left it running for several minutes, but still nothing which is very frustrating when you book a room partially due to the large tub located in the middle of the room. When we called to complain in the evening there was no one who spoke English. We realize that we were in Thailand however, this had not been the case in other hotels we had stayed in. There was typically one person who spoke English working at all times in the resorts. Finally, the next morning we decided to book another hotel room an cancel the rest of our reservation. The reception desk made some sort of mistake and there was an extra $100.00 USD charge. They said sorry that is was a mistake, but did not explain the mistake or why the charge was placed on there. Based on other hotels we stayed at in Thailand and Ao Nang, I would not recommend booking this resort even with it's great location and wonderful room pictures.

Room Tip: High floors are difficult for those traveling with anyone who has mobility or stamina issues.
1 Thank Garcialinette
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Garcialinette,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologising for your recent stay with us. While it’s great that you appreciated our location and the room, it was disheartening to read that you were let down by the rest of your stay.

In room Air-condition and Hot water system facilities were particularly disappointing for me. We do our utmost to ensure that we offer the best service possible and regrettably have fallen short in this instance. Please rest assured that your comments have been relayed to my Engineering and Housekeeping team and we will work on improving these areas.

It is also alarming to read that about our billing settle impeccable standard were not met. I can understand that this might be calculation errors but which the amount you had raised was not acceptable. Regarding the step, the resort is located on a hillside and yes, we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment. So for those who prefer the view, rather than access, I would recommend the Grand Deluxe Rooms at the top of our hillside. If guest prefer no step, we have rooms located in the Superior Room category without a single step to enter the room. I also delighted to inform that we have been installing the elevator for the hillside building and will be in place by this coming October.

We are very focused on the satisfaction of all of our guests and are always very happy to receive constructive and factual feedback to help us maintain and develop our standard. While I know we didn’t manage to impress on this occasion I do hope we may have the opportunity to serve you better should you decide to visit us again.

Kind regards,

Mildura, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We arrived at the resort, and our first response was wow. We were met by the friendly staff and given a refreshing cool drink. The front office manager Mumthip was so nice and helpful and explained everything about the resort to us, we were then shown to our room. The room had an excellent view of the ocean and was big and airey with a nice sized ensuite bathroom. We dined the first night in the restaurant and the food was nice and reasonably priced. The next morning we went down and had a buffet breakfast that was nice and plenty to choose from, to satisfy anyone. We really enjoyed our stay and will come back.

Room Tip: Ocean views are the best, as you get a nice breeze to help you keep cooler
1 Thank Bill S
Dear Bill S,

First of all, thank you for sharing your amazing comment about your recent stay at our Resort.

I am pleased that overall you had enjoyable stay with us. In particular your feedback with regard the friendliness of the staff, big lovely bathtubs, the breakfast and particular the view from Grand Deluxe room’s balcony is well received. I had shared your kind word with Khun Thip my Front Office Mgr & her team and they were overjoyed in knowing they contributed to a successful holiday.

Yes, the Grand Deluxe Rooms offer an ambience of luxury and romance with their oversized tubs, separate showers, and large four-poster bed which is perfected for a couple and a great view from balcony.

I am particularly excited to see your reaction was positive and please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.

Vogue Resort & Spa Team
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We are staying at the Vogue Spa in Ao Nang . It is in an ideal place easy to get to Ao Nang but with privacy as well .
Staff are friendly and accommodating Hotel is lovely and very
I would strongly recommend stay here .
We have 3 rooms as we are staying with family and we all agree it is a lovely place to stay .

• Stayed July 2014
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Salzstar & Family,

Greeting from Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang and thank you very much for taking the time to do a review of the resort and on behalf of the team we are so happy you and your family had a wonderful stay. I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

Our team work hard to ensure everyone is happy and glad we were able to meet all you need and thank you for the review again and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Mumbai
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Its situated at one of the best location in Ao Nang Krabi. 5 mins walk to main Ao Nang beach. Hotel staffs are quite friendly. Treated us well and helped wherever they could. We booked a standard room with sea-view, it was quite spacious, neat and clean. We enjoyed the breakfast very much, it was an elaborated menu. Only one de-merit of this hotel is unavailability of lifts. But that helps in making u fit.. so thats the positive take-out. :)
Overall nice hotel and recommended...

Room Tip: Take Sea-View rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Amit S,

Thank you very much for sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. I am delight to see that you enjoyed the room, the cleanliness of the room, the breakfast, the location of the resort and particular the friendly service from our team member is well received and I had shared your kind word with my team.

Again thank for your kind word regarding the service you’re received from our staff team member. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that the team member went above and beyond to make you had a great stay.

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon and impress once again.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

To say that this hotel is a 4 star hotel and that we had been backpacking for 5 months around Asia and had stayed in some amazing hotels around 3 star i was pretty disappointed, the hotel is clean and in a nice setting but that is it! The rooms are pretty dated however they are nice and spacious, the balcony looked on to a garden, which didn't look attended too. The pool was nice. The food was pretty over priced and you had to wait for ages. We booked in to another 4* hotel and it was by far a better choice!! Also the room wasn't available when we arrived, they asked us to return in 2hours, then we was asked if we could return in anther 2 hours after that, it was now 3pm before we was given our room. Over all not a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tanya M,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and your constructive review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed with the Pool, the cleanliness and in particular the location of resort is well received.

I am sincerely sorry that you stay with us fell rather short of your expectations, although I do appreciate your feedback about an issue with the check-in time as the resort completed full on your walk-in date. I had spoken to my room division management team on making sure that the room always available for walking guest through this time of the year.

Vogue Resort & Spa Team