“Great hotel”

Ranked #21 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for there nights during out stay in Ao Nang.
When we arrived, we were greeted at reception with a cold drink and made to feel very welcome. We arrived earlier than scheduled and our room wasn't ready, as we arrived two hours before check in. However, the lady at reception stored our bags in the luggage area and we went off to check out the area.
The hotel is in a good location, close enough to the beach and bars, but near enough away that you can relax and walk about without being pestered. There are some good Thai restaurants across the road, a bank and currency exchange and home comforts such as McDonald's and Starbucks if you wanted them.
The room was excellent. It was spacious, with a huge bed (which was hard to get out of in the morning because it was so comfortable) a balcony and a nice bathroom. We were also provided with robes, sandals and a beach bag to store out belongings in.
The pool area was very nice, with plenty of loungers and a cooling swimming pool. There was a pool bar, but a lot of the time, we struggled to find someone working there to order food and drinks. We ordered a pizza there one day, we waited a very long time for it, but when it arrived, it was very good.
One thing that did spoil our visit was the noise from the building work being done in the hotel. I'm sure that when it is finished, it will further improve the hotel and it's facilities. But unfortunately for us, we stayed whilst the work was ongoing and had to put up with the sound of sawing and drilling, which did somewhat spoil the relaxing atmosphere around the pool.
Overall, this is a very good hotel. Value for money, with helpful and friendly staff. I would recommend it to anyone staying in Ao Nang.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Andy K
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Andy K,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am pleased to read that overall you and your partner had such memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room, the pool, the location of the hotel and in particular the friendly service from our team member is well received and I had already share your comments with the team.

My apologies on the experience regarding the noise from restaurant maintenance & the pool service your had raised. With regard to the restaurant maintenance that the works happen during the day which I had meeting with my Engineering Manager to make sure by control the noise and on the pool service I will make sure to follow by myself and continuo improving on these areas.

So thank you again for your recommendation and I do hope you will contact me personally to arranging your return to Vogue Resort & Spa soon.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great location, walking distance to Ao Nang beach. Very nice hotel - lovely room and bathroom.
Staff were inattentive and not bothered. Hotel was very noisy and when we rang reception to complain they did nothing about it and were rude on the phone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GSL183
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Graham L,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologising for your recent stay with us. While it’s great that you appreciated our location and the room, it was disheartening to read that you were let down by the noise from maintenance work during your stay.

It is also alarming to read that about our handling of the noise from our maintenance work which our impeccable standard were not met. Please rest assured that your comments have been relayed to my Front Office and Engineering team and we will work on improving these areas.

We are very focused on the satisfaction of all of our guests and are always very happy to receive constructive and factual feedback to help us maintain and develop our standard. While I know we didn’t manage to impress on this occasion I do hope we may have the opportunity to serve you better should you decide to visit us again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Please be aware construction is taking place at the hotel. Unfortunately this takes away from all the positives of the hotel. We were not informed of the construction prior to our arrival and it has made staying at the pool impossible. As we were looking for a relaxing holiday we would have been appreciative of prior notice. Please ask about the construction prior to arrival.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank akinovice
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear akinovice,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologising for your recent stay with us and it was disheartening to read that you were let down by the rest of the stay.

It is disappointing me to read that about our handling of the restaurant floor tile replacement which of course the main drilling part has completed however the noise from the work during the day spoiled of your relaxation by our lovely pool and this I am extremely sorry.

We do our utmost to ensure that we offer the best service possible and regrettably have fallen short in this instance and as your experiences are central to our operations, I am more than happy to discuss your stay with you further.

Please feel free to contact me through TripAdvisor’s Private Messages or by email; phusit.p@vogueresort.com at any time.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I been to Krabi a couple of times. I really enjoy the stay at this resort. The couple bathtub is an excellent placement in the bedroom rather than in the norm toilet. The view was an excellent combination of mountains, sea and sun rises/set. Apart from the climbing of stairs, while their recent renovation of lift, everything else was great.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Roger F,

Thank you very much for spending holiday and sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. I am delight to see that you had enjoyed the room, the view from Grand deluxe room and particular your had raised us as your favorite resort in Ao Nang is well received.

Yes, the Grand Deluxe Rooms offer an ambience of luxury and romance with their oversized tubs, separate showers, and large four-poster bed which is perfected for couple and a great view from balcony.

Regarding the elevator installation would be completed by this coming October and once it ready I will be sure to share in resort facebook. Please stay in touch when you are planning your next trip, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here in May for over 2 weeks, good location only a short walk down the road around 10-15 mins you will find the beach where you can get a longtail boat to other islands phra nang bay was beautiful and railey bay I believe it was 400 bhat for 2 people return ticket you can purchase your tickets at a small stand/shop on the corner of the road, walking down you will find loads of restaurants all very competitive always bargain down ask for discount! loads of shops with nic nacs and fake goods, hold off on purchasing though as Krabi night market is the best for purchasing things very very cheap compared to Ao Nang you can catch a bus really cheap to Krabi town dont pay for taxi or Tuk Tuk, when you arrive @ the airport you can also pay for a bus to get into Ao nang if your stuck much cheaper than taxi drops you to bottom of the road you just need to walk up around 15 mins and you will find the hotel. This hotel is perfect as it has a lovely pool area and bar which is lovely for a cocktail we didnt eat at the hotel but the food/breakfast looked amazing if you are going on a day trip book your breakfast at the hotel as the only other place open that early is mcdonalds! a few doors up from the hotel is a small travel agency with nail bars either side this was the best place and price for trips out a must is the jungle trip where you see hotsprings, emerald pool and tiger temple included lunch. we also did the speedboat around phi phi islands which was ok but the other beaches like railey or phra nang where better and quiet as well.

The staff at the hotel are very pleasent and lovely check in/out was a breeze no waiting around if you want a better room its worth paying for an upgrade. only downfall there was no lifts at the hotel and we where on the third floor so a bit of a trek ask for a ground floor room...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rebeccaw92
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear rebeccaw92,

First of all, thank you for sharing your amazing constructive comment about your stay on May at our Resort.

I am pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. In particular your feedback with regard the pool, the location of the resort and in particular the friendly staff service is appreciated and I had shared your comment with the team.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort and Yes, Krabi night market on every Friday-Sunday is one of the best place for shopping with food-stall, souvenirs, T-shirt, local produce and etc.

Please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My partner and I stayed in the hotel late last year. The hotel is well set out with the swimming pool in the centre and many rooms overlooking the pool and gardens. Location is on the main strip of Ao Nang, heaps of shopping, restaurants, convenience stores etc. about 1km not far from the beach, not great from swimming though. I took the long tail boat to some lovely beaches nearby, very crowed in peak season. Breakfast was a good selection of Asian and European food. My issue with the hotel was that I paid for a deluxe room, when we got there we were allocated a twin room. The room was nice with a nice bathroom with bath, but we wanted a double so we asked to be moved. The room we were moved to did not appear to be a deluxe room, had no bath. Didn't think about it at the time but not really good to be charged for Deluxe and get Superior, especially at peak season rates. I also odered a couple of Pina Coladas by the pool, the barmen had no idea how to make a cocktail. Anyway enjoyed ourselves very much at the hotel anyway.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katelyn1
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Katelyn1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review of the resort about your stayed on last peak season and on behalf of the team we are so happy you and your partner had a wonderful stay. I also very pleased that you enjoyed the stunning view from the resort, the breakfast and location of the resort is well received.

My apologies on your room move and the cocktail service at the pool and I will be sure to improve on those areas.

Do not hesitate to contact me at any time when planning your next trip to Ao Nang, I will personally ensure you have another great stay with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I booked this resort together with my flight at AirAsiaGo directly. The price for both flight and accommodation are crazily cheap. Plus, it was not a peak period. Krabi is really a good place to relax when it's not so crowded.

The lobby is not a very grand one but it has been designed with exotic Thai cultural items, colors and structures of the building look really special as well.

I would say the resort is not a new resort. You might be able to see some aged bathroom corners etc but I do not think that it affected me at all.

They upgraded our rooms for free because it was not a peak period and their rooms were not fully booked. I think that was a very nice gesture from the resort management. We requested for a connecting room and we had it without any trouble as well.

On our first day, we had fruits provided in the room as a welcome gift too. The room has free wifi (strong connection) and complimentary 2 glass bottles of water everyday. They had even provided beach towels for us in a bag which we brought them out during our island hopping day. What I really like is their small little thoughts that made your stay and perhaps your whole trip easily manageable.

Vogue's pool was a very small one but we didn't have time to use it as we went there for a 3 days 2 nights trip. If you like swimming in the hotel pool, I do not think Vogue Resort & Spa will be a good choice. Since we prefer to swim in the sea, the small pool was not included in my consideration at all.

In terms of location, it's really convenient. It is located in the centre of Ao Nang. There are lots of local restaurants, 7-11, McDonald's, Starbucks, massage services, souvenir shops and small stalls. We didn't try any of these franchise restaurants, instead we go for those local stalls and shops.

My recommendation: Dean's restaurant breakfast! It is located directly opposite to Vogue and I highly recommend you to try their specially shaped dough fritters (I have no idea what is it called). They come with 2 sauces(?) where you can dip the dough fritters in either kaya or sweet milk. I believe this is only available in the morning.

It is about 5-10 mins walk to the Ao Nang beach. There are a lot of shops along the way and you won't find it bored or hard to walk down.

You can also take a cab or tuk tuk down to Krabi town to join their weekend night market. There is also Muay Thai and cabaret shows around Ao Nang.

I will definitely consider staying in Vogue if I were to going to Krabi again. I spent a good time at Krabi thanks to Vogue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Elevennnnn

Dear TripleOneThree,

On behalf of Vogue Resort & Spa we are thank you so much for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room, the bath room, the beach bag, free wifi and in particular the location of the resort is well received and I had shared your kind words with the team.

Yes, we always happy to offer free upgrade room to the next category which depend on room availability. Regarding the dish your have had in local food restaurant “shaped dough fritter” is mixed of Thai & Chinese breakfast style which only served on the breakfast, in Thai called “beh teung guai” in Chinese called youtiao and English name’s
“White sugar sponge cake”

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

I hope to see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I should assist on arrangement of your next trip.