“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #10 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Just recently stayed in vogue with my wife, sisters and relatives. It was the best on this particular road in aao nang. It has a beautiful restaurant with a great collection of wines. Its just a 10 minutes walk from the beach and close to all the good restaurants. Also the nearby massage centres are v.good.
However if you are looking for a beach front resort i would recommend golden beach resort. It has a v.romantic ambience restaurant. Try avoiding the trips of phi phi or 4 islands unless you dont care much about getting tanned or sun burnt.We took the 4 island tour and me and my wife were terribly sun burnt after which the aloe vera massage gave some relief. Also the malls in krabi town (lotus and outlet) is a must visit.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sagar M
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Sagar M,

Thank you very much for spending holiday with your family and sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. I am delight to see that you and the family had enjoyed the restaurant, the location of the resort and particular your had mentioned us as best resort in the area.

I am also particular pleased that you also took the time to eat in our wine restaurant’ Wine V Bar & Bistro. Next time you visit make sure to try Salmon Balmorals (Served with cream of shrimp, cucumber, onion, mushroom and white wine sauce) which is one of a personal favorite of mine.

Please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.

Vogue Resort & Spa Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We got a deluxe room, which was right on the top floor. Yes it was pretty high up and there was no lift or anything. However it was not a problem, as going to Krabi and a resort, it was expected. The resort brought the bags up the rooms on the first day and it was appreciated. However, people that find climbing tough should reconsider.

There was renovation works going on, but it did not really bothered me as I was out mostly in the day. The drilling and stuff seems to stopped as well. So no issue there. During this period, the breakfast will be served at the restaurant next door, with your bread, egg station, and some thai food like veg, rice and noodles.

The room was fairly well maintained, although no longer new, it was clean. The showers and bath was not like a big brand hotel type, but was big and clean. Water and pressure was also ok too.

As for the staff, they were all very friendly and helpful. Especially one of the manager, which I forgotten her name. She was on duty on Sun evening and she was so helpful in helping us book the activities for the next day. Really appreciate it.

Next to Macs, (7-11 seems to be renovating) and many other shops. A row of seafood sits right opposite the hotel, which is actually pretty good. Nearby are other hotels, street hawkers, Ao Nang Boat Noodles, Family Mart. The bus to Krabi Town and Railey is also with right infront!

Room Tip: Any room seems fine. Higher floors means more climbing though. Not much of views for hotels around t...
3 Thank CalvinZheng
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear CalvinZheng,

First of all, thank you for sharing your amazing comment about your recent stay at our Resort.

I am pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. In particular your feedback with regard the friendliness of the staff the room &cleanliness of the room, the location of the resort and excursion is appreciated and I had shared your comment with the team.

I am also particular pleased that you also took the exursion by booking through our tour desk which we working with professional local tour operator. Next time you visit make sure to try Full day “Phi Phi island tour”.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

Please stay in touch when you are planning your next year visit, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.

Vogue Resort & Spa Team
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This resort very much merits its 4 star review score BUT be warned that as of August 2014 there is major renovation work at the place. If you are plannning to spend any time by the pool expect fairly constant noise from drills, angle grinders and hammering. Still going at 18.00 despite pledges all work finishes at 17.00

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Martin W
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Martin W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review of the resort and on behalf of the team we are so sorry about the noise from our restaurant and meeting room maintenance during your stay.

My apologies on the loud noise from our restaurant maintenance with regard on the problem I delight to inform that the major loud noise maintenance has been over which the plan will completed by middle of September.

Do not hesitate to contact me at any time when planning your next trip to Ao Nang, I will personally ensure you will have a great stay with us.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I booked a grand deluxe room and I must say, the hike up to the 4th floor was definitely not a trivial one. We ended up trying to plan our outings better and minimize the number of times we left our room, so we wouldn't have to go through the exhausting climb several times a day.

Otherwise, good location, good rooms and decent view as well (if you get the right room). The breakfast was not the largest spread I've seen, but good enough.

I had a pleasant stay overall, except for some last minute glitches (some of which might never make me go back here)

- At check-out, I was told that I need to pay an extra amount for a late checkout, inspite of the fact that I had already paid that amount. Not a big deal, but I categorically remember the receptionist at check-in time stating the fact that I had paid the extra charge so I don't know what went wrong there.
- Again, at check-out, I was asked to pay an extra amount (a measly 20 Baht) for picking up a bottle of water. I had to explain that I had not received my complimentary 2 bottles the day before, so I went and took one from the pantry (after informing the house-keeping staff) since I saw several bottles there. Given that I had spent 3 nights in this hotel + paid the extra late-checkout charge, I think they could have let this one pass but they didn't.

I don't know if I will ever go back here, given that I saw a number of other hotels better-located than this one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear vmah_82,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a constructive review and I am pleased to read that you had enjoyed stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room and the view from our Grand Deluxe balcony and in particular the location of the resort is well received.

I have noted on the charging of two bottles of water and late check-out fee and yes, I agreed that my housekeeping should pay more attention on the set up before guest arrive and of course we always happy on giving a complimentary late check-out but this will be depending on room availabilities.

Regarding the step, the resort is located on a hillside and yes, we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment. So for those who prefer the view, rather than access, I would recommend the Premier Deluxe Rooms at the top of our hillside. If guest prefer no step, we have rooms located in the Superior Room category without a single step to enter the room. I also delighted to inform that we been installing the elevator on the Hillside building and schedule to be ready by late of October this year.

We are very focused on the satisfaction of all of our guests and are always very happy to receive constructive and factual feedback to help us maintain and develop our standard. While I know we didn’t manage to impress on this occasion I do hope we may have the opportunity to serve you better should you decide to visit us again.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Loved my stay at the Vogue Resort. Am impressed with the helpfulness of the staff at the reception. They were very helpful when we had clarifications and changes to make regarding our tours and airport transfers.

They gave us a free upgrade to a deluxe room (from the superior) which was really nice. The ao nang beach can actually be seen from our room on the third floor, albeit from a distance.

The hotel is situated on rather hilly terrain, so expect some climbing up slopes and stairs when getting into and around the hotel, which might not be suitable for elderly or wheelchair-bound visitors.

That said, I think the location of the hotel is pretty decent given its price. Just a 5-7 minute walk from the beachfront, the hotel is surrounded by many dining options, souvenir shops, bar and convenience stores. I enjoyed my daily walks back to the hotel from the beach through the lively street.

Breakfast at the hotel had a rather small spread, but am still satisfied with my breakfast meals. Will definitely consider staying here again should I pay Ao Nang another visit.

3 Thank xeno_13
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear xeno_13,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only the upgrade to Deluxe room, the friendly staff service, the breakfast and in particular location of the resort is well received and I had shared your comments with the team.

While I thank you for praising our service overall, our young growing team is certainly still striving to achieve our full potential and it is feedback such as yours which assists us to target areas to improve.

I hope to see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I should assist on arrangement of your next trip.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights beginning of August. This was with me, my fiancé and my parents. Relax for our 1st week and travel the islands for our second. We stayed in the bath suites rooms, which is a lot of stairs if you are not so able bodied. But was a beautiful view the 1st night!
So bad points in our stay:
-A giant yellow crane went up on our 1st full day.
-Jack hammering right beside the pool was awful and we complained continuously
- was told it would stop after 3rd day but continued and we were told this was because we should have been out the hotel through the day, just lies from the staff.
Good points:
-Good location, if you want to be in the middle of ao nang
- nice resort and would stay again if they hadn't lied to us so badly

As i said it was great to meet up with my family here as the hotel was lovely and by the end of our stay we sorted the issue with the hotel manager, i just believe their website should have stated what was going on and want to make sure everyone is aware before they go as relaxation was not had on my visit!
I would have given a 4 but i hate being lied to. The hotel did try to help as best they could but it was too little too late sadly.
A mcdonalds and starbucks are close by which i found strange, i like the islands better than mainland Thailand though so would not go bk to ao nang the islands are way better.
Try dream bar for a chilled bar, roots bar for reggae music and boogie bar for a bit of a dance but check your bill as they do get mistakes in there. Enjoy!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Hayleypaley
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Hayleypaley,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologising for your recent stay with us. While it’s great that you appreciated our location but it was disheartening to read that you were let down by loud noise from or restaurant maintenance during the period your stay.

It is disporting to read that about our handling of your comment on loud noise from restaurant maintenance. I totally understand your point which we should make better control our contractor with the time line that promised, but I & my team still could have done more to help you and for this I am extremely sorry.

Regarding to the point after we had met with sorted out the issues I hope that you and the family have better felling. While I know we didn’t manage to impress on this occasion I do hope we may have the opportunity to serve you better should you decide to visit us again.

Kind regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a small but nice hotel. We got upgraded from the standard to the deluxe. It's 5-10 min walking to the beach and there are lots of restaurants, laundry places, etc. The spa is beautiful and has reasonable prices, I highly recommend the Thai massage or a package. Just be careful with the tours you take, we asked at the reception for a tour to the 7 islands and decided to go for a cheaper one with another agency, it was the worst tour ever. Very irresponsible people, terrible boat, no radio, the guy was smoking weed, etc. Just book with the hotel and pay for the price! The best boats were the ones from Phi Phi tours.

Room Tip: Don't get the cheap rooms with the street view, those are noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alejandra F
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Alejandra F,

Thank you very much for spending holiday and sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. I am delight to see that you had enjoyed the room with free upgrade, the excursion service from our tour partner and the location of the resort is well received.

I am also pleased that you took Spa package and Thai massage at our Chaonang Spa. I have shared your kind word to Khun Benz my Spa Manager and Spa team and they were enjoyed in knowing they exceed you expectation.

Regarding the Excursion Trip we always suggest that guest booking with the resort as we working with Local Professional Tour operator which their operating Inland and Island excursion on the reasonable price and cover with requiring insurance during the trip.

So thank you again for your recommendation and I do hope you will contact me personally to arranging your return to Vogue Resort & Spa soon.