“Great view”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, International, Wine Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Best Sunset view Restaurant in Aonang overlooking the Andaman bay. Comitted to serving authentic thai cusine to your palate.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I really loved this restaurant, my boyfriend and I enjoyed a romantic evening here with great food. Service was great, they provide a taxi up to the hill and when you leave they take you to wherever you want to go (which for us was a bar by the beach) for free. The view was amazing and I wish I had taken my camera! My only negative is that when it came to the dessert they didn't have a couple of dishes available but I still enjoyed the mango sticky rice I ended up with! I would also agree that it was a tad pricey but I think you do get the value for your money with taxi service for free...

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Came here as an acquaintance of mine came here before and seem to like it.

The free shuttle is a definite plus point. cant complain if they were 30 mins late to pick us up as there was only 1 shuttle and during evening time there was probably people waiting down the hill to be shuttled up as well.

cant comment on the sunset as i did not go early enough.

Place is peaceful as there were only 2 restaurants beside each other.

When arriving there with the free shuttle, we were courteously greeted by a staff member and shown to a nice table.

Food was served with a reasonable waiting time and came all at once except for the lobster which of course needed sometime to prepare. For asian standards food coming all at once is impressive since asians style usually bring it one at a time without any order. Drinks were slower than food and extremely watered down. either they didnt put any alcohol in my strawberry daiquiri or it was too mild, really couldnt tell. If they drinks were better and served faster i would have ordered a few rounds to enjoy the ambience of the place.

they seem to specialise in special events, lots of birthday celebrations with the band singing happy birthday.

lobster was fresh, other than that the thai food was average.

I was planning to ask about having a wedding event there but didnt think the food was up to standard. the place was right, the set up was right only the food deterred me.

The staff are generally friendly and tries hard. They gave us the wrong bill and i needed some time to explain that it was the wrong bill and could have walked off with paying less.

I am on the fence with this place. Lots of potential and can do much better.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Maybe when I went there the staff had a bad night. View nice I agree so I recommend just having a drink and going to eat down at the food carts on the main road that leads up to the hilltop at least then you wont spend the whole night talking about how bad the service is. How hard is it to supply some plain rice with meal might be easier to just bring your own. Wouldnt be so harsh but the food is expensive so I have no patience for places like this.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Managed to reach the restaurant before sunset. Plus points was that the restaurant decorated the front field and made it comfortable for visitors to lounge and relax, enjoying the breeze. The food at the restaurant is really slightly below average and portions are small. However, the seafood is fresh and the traditional Thai milk tea is excellent. I really would go back for the milk tea only. Restaurant is considerate to provide guests with insect repellent due to the high number of mosquitoes. That thoughtful act allowed us to eat our meal without being affected.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hilltop provides an unobstructed view of the skyline and vast landscape of Ao Nang, despite being shrouded in lush greenery.

While the name of the place indicates its location, this can be circumvented with a request for the restaurant to pick you and your dining party up from your hotel or preferred location. What greets you at the end of the journey is worth the drive up.

The service staff is friendly, warm and attentive, while the food is tasty, authentic and affordable.

The 'live' musicians are personable, trendy with their song list and pepper their conversations with the guests with wit and anecdotes.

A must-visit in Krabi.