“Wonderful experience all around”
Review of Scuba Addicts

Scuba Addicts
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Addicts Dive Center was established in 2005 in Ao Nang(Krabi). We offer diving and snorkeling adventures for all ages and abilities, that are tailored to suit your individual or group needs. Our aim is to make your scuba diving holiday in Ao Nang fun and memorable, for all the right reasons, and keep you coming back for more.We teach the full range of PADI and SSI courses in several languages, in small groups and at a pace to suit you. Both systems of education are fully flexible and modular, and with the introduction of online learning there has never been an easier or more convenient time to take the plunge.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience all around”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Everyone was super nice and knowledgeable, from booking office to instructors. I had gotten my certification 10 years ago and hadnt dove since. Was rusty and feeling nervous about it, explained at booking office my situation and they arranged a refresher on day of dive and even let my borrow Padi book the day before to read.Instructor was great, made sure I was comfortable with everything, overall amazing time with great re-introduction to scuba. I always felt safe, as safety was always stressed. Would recommend scuba addicts to everyone.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Irene G
TimStocks, Owner at Scuba Addicts, responded to this review, 8 May 2016
Thank you for your kind words, we try our best. Hope to see you again. Regards, Tim.

• Finnish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and well-qualified instructors”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Had 4 dives with Scuba Addict over the last weekend. Gf was doing Padi OWC and I am sure that she had a great first introduction to scuba diving with them. I also enjoyed my leisure dives and I am glad that the instructors are all very qualified with emphasis on safety. Saw many grey tip sharks, mantis shrimp! Just book and leave your worries behind! I am sure you will have a good time too! Cheers!

1 Thank Glooper83
Rotterdam, Holland
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Mass diving”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

According to the reviews I expected a lot but it was not that good. When I informed for two dives at Koh PhiPhi they told me they used their own boat and just ten divers on board. That sounded good so I choose Scuba Addicts. On the day of diving it turned out very different. I ended up on the boat of Kontiki divers wich was already full with problably 30 divers. Scubba Addicts added 10 other divers too so this boat was really full with 40 divers. It really was too crowded and it felt like standing in a crowded London bus with your divegear on before jumping in.

They day also felt very chaotic. Getting on the dive boat from the beach also took more then an hour waiting without anyone informing us why we had to wait so long and I was never told why we did not use their own boat.

My divemaster was actually a friendly (bit tired) guy who knew the places very good but also seemed a bit frustrated about this full boat and the last minut changing of diving locations. Thx to him we saw really nice things underwater and had two nice dives after jumping of this crowded boat.

The food on board was actually very good so no complaints about that. Also the material was very reliable.

1 Thank FluffyTiger
thescubaaddict, Owner at Scuba Addicts, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Fluffy Tiger,

We are very sorry that it was a disappointing day for you. Also that you were not properly informed of the reason for the last minute change of plans, and we should have given you the option of not coming and a refund.

At the time you booked the trip we were suppose to go on our boat, and yes with only 10 divers. However late in the evening there were some issues with filling tanks and the compressor which could not be resolved in time for the trip. So the only solution was to join Kon Tikki on their trip. We were very lucky that we were able to be guests on their boat and they stil had room. They even delayed departure of their trip for us and our guests(which also kept their guests waiting!!).

Their boat is a very big and luxurious boat and has a capacity of 50+ divers. So the boat was actually not full. Even our boat has a capacity of 40 divers. Though it is only that full in the peak season. Generally we have any ware between 10-35 divers on board, including dive staff.

This is the first time this has happened to us, regrettably on your day out on Phi Phi.

Sorry again about the disappoint day and not informing you properly on the day, about the change in plans.....................
We are happy that at least you had two nice dives.......

thanks & take care,

The Scuba Addicts Dive Team
Kuopio, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Easy-going diving trips from Ao Nang”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My friends booked two diving trips from the Scuba Addicts while I was doing my OWD course elsewhere. First they took a half-day trip to the local islands and then trip to the Phi Phi islands. My friend with more than hundred dives said that their guide, Amir, was probably the best guide he's ever dived with. It is a great compliment from my choosy friend.

We also did one diving trip together. Destinations were King Cruiser Wreck, Anemone Reef and Shark Point. I had to skip the wreck but it tells that they are serious with safety. Our guide, Nico, had big boots to fill after Amir but everything went well and he also took some awesome photos! We were able to see one leopard shark and one bluespotted ray for example.

Easy-going and knowledgeable guides, appropriate gear, reasonable prices, transport from the hotel, great boat crew. Nothing to complain.

1 Thank Petri K
Chengdu Shi, Sichuan, China
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Dive with Scuba Addicts”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I went diving with Scuba Addicts in Ao Nang. Tim was really easy to work with regarding scheduling and discussing the dive situations. I was diving during a full moon which was really affecting the currents. The super dive day wasn't running at their center (King Cruiser Wreck, Shark Point and Anemone Reef) but Tim helped me schedule with another group. I appreciate that they were willing to do that for me rather than me go finding another company. Kudos to dive instructor Amir from Israel. Great super dive day with him! Scuba Addicts is easy to find on the main road by the beach. Stick around for the sunsets too - beautiful. Reasonable prices. Enjoy!

Visited January 2014