“Okay, but not up to our expectations.”

Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Ranked #13 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Okay, but not up to our expectations.”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel is fairly new and okay, but the overall experience was a bit disappointing. The swimming pools was dirty and was not cleaned for the two weeks we spent there, even though we commented upon this. It was very noisy all day, and very few sun beds. The food was very expensive, and for New Years Eve it was compulsory dinner, which was only a big chaos with loud music and too much people for them to handle. Also, the rooms on the first floor that faces the jungle is always sneaked in to by garden workers etc that walk past there on their way home. And, if you need the front desk to help you with anything, forget it!

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor that faces the jungle.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank julie_myhre
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Julie,
Greetings from Holiday Inn Krabi and hope your trip back to Singapore was fine.
We appreciate the time you took in sharing your concerns with us during New Years Yves period. I apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us, Following to your kind comments, we have shared your feedback in details with all concerned. Rest assured that actions have been taken to improve and to meet our guest needs and expectation.
Hope to welcome you back soon to Holiday Inn Krabi,

Kind Regards,
Elyes Ben Brahim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 13 February 2014

After a week shuffling around Thailand and staying in random hotels, at arrival and for most of our stay, this was a perfect hotel to finish our trip: super clean, beautiful grounds, awesome swim up pool bar, and good food. We had an unfortunate event though that reduced the rating from 5 to 2. One of the front desk individuals was extremely dishonest with us. One of our friends who was staying at a nearby hotel dropped off a shopping bag full of cloths from a market at the front desk for us. When we asked the front desk individual to retrieve the bag for us, she acted as if she didn't have any idea where it was. She kept giving us a very smug smirk that convinced my brother and I that she knew exactly where the bag was (and she had no intentions of giving it to us). Secondly, we needed to inquire about taxi transportation to the airport. We were told we needed to pre-book with the front desk. So again we spoke with the same individual and she stated the cost would be 400 bht (about $12). We were not ready to go to the airport yet. Twenty minutes later I told her we were ready to go and asked to her book the taxi at which she now quoted a cost of $1,300 bht ($37). I know we're not talking a lot of dollars, but she was entirely trying to take advantage of us. I called her out for being dishonest right in front of other guests, and I stated I would only pay 400 bht. She stated ok and asked for the money (in Thailand, you pre-pay a lot of airport and ferry taxis with travel agents, so we didn't think this request was odd), so we handed her the money. After waiting 10 minutes for the cab, my intuition told me something wasn't right that she didn't give me a receipt to show the cab I paid. I went up to her to ask for the receipt and she gave me the cash back and told me to pay directly to the cab! I was floored, as she was clearly hoping we'd drive off in the cab and she'd pocket the money! After a week in Thailand we never felt swindled by anyone until we got to this higher-end hotel. It left a very bad taste in our mouths to have been attempted to be screwed by an employee three different times in a matter of 20 minutes. Background checks, Holiday Inn? I guarantee this girl has a rap sheet.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank thofri01
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from the sunny Ao Nang Beach and hope your trip back home went very well. It is such a pleasant to read a great positive feedback and thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. Please note that your feedback have been shared to the concerned departments and the management for reference in ensuring that we meet our guest’s needs. Noted for the front office staff. We do look forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Krabi, and be of better service to you in the near future.

Northamptonshire
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Staying at Hioliday Inn, Ao Nang currently, (for context, previously stayed in Krabi Ao Nang Villa Resort 5 years ago)

so...... Hilton Holiday Resort room 5404.
Pro: spacious room in new block, top floor,balcony, fridge, good outlook over pools, road & beach.

Con: Unwell and fatigued on arrival(10:30am), Hoped for few hours sleep but workmen drilling and hammering all along block outer walls for urgent extra cabling. Complained but management waited until work finished (@ 5pm) to send junior to apologise, more work next morning.
Also had to call and get in-room safe unlocked, plus bolted down (otherwise pretty useless).

Also, Unfortunately Room has connecting door with whining children other side, so up early next day. Early morning noise from front door corridor Used drip towel for gap insulation.

With these new blocks, resort now has (maybe) 300+ guests inc children, maybe 120 sun loungers and 60 parasoles,few other shade areas, many guests taking wooden chairs and sitting on grass. so never enough sun beds unless up v early to 'towel reserve'. Those with room sunbeds also using others, dependent upon sun position

Breakfast selection pretty good, but inconsiderate guests leaving drink urn taps on so juices & milk flowing to floor, seen by staff but not wiped up ASAP until staff started slipping.

Lunna Bar (100 m up on beach) now having regular (2 during our 5 night stay) midnight to 3am beach parties, Bass cranked up and clearly audible through double glazing.

Shame, hotel looks nice enough, but just doesn't seem joined up "management wise" as you'd expect of a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Older block looks slightly quieter and with less ongoing work, (maybe!) Avoid rooms with connect...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TandS-W
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach and hope your trip back home went well.
We appreciate the time you took in sharing your concerns with us upon your arrival to the resort. I apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us, Following to your kind comments, we have shared your feedback in details with all concerned. Rest assured that actions have been taken to improve and to meet our guest needs and expectation.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 February 2014

With Holiday Inn you're not always sure what you'll get but here we got more than expected. The rooms were fantastic with heaps of space and looking straight to the pool and out to the beach.
Hotel is so well placed with just a gentle 10min walk to the main Ao Nang shopping and restaurant area.
With so many activities in Krabi and the surrounds this is a great place to start.

Room Tip: The big family rooms are on the corners of each floor and have wonderful space with a bunk set in th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Mr. Aukman,

Greetings from the sunny Ao Nang Beach and hope your trip back to New Zealand went very well. It is such a pleasant to read a great positive feedback and thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. Please note that your feedback have been shared to the concerned departments and the management for reference in ensuring that we meet our guest’s needs. We do look forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Krabi, and be of better service to you in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

After having stayed at the hotel, I personally liked its location as it is away from the hustle and bustle of the main shopping area but yet easily reached by a short walk. Furthermore, it's frontage is the beach but you have to cross a road which is not as busy. The hotel itself is catered to children as well and there are activities set out for them. We stayed in a family room which my kids loved. The only niggle I had was that there was no info of the hotel and it's facilities in the room. I actually walked around to find the gym, the kids club and spa. Also a slightly stronger water pressure for the shower would have been nice. The staff was attentive and friendly and I must admit the bell-boys especially in the front were very friendly which is a definite credit to the hotel. All in all, the family had a very nice time and I would definitely be happy to return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Good Morning and Sawasdee Krab,

There is nothing better than to read such a wonderful guests reviews! We feel so proud to have received your review and very happy to know that we are able to create a memorable experience. Your appreciation of our services left a smile on our face.
Thank you you for your kind comments on our staff, services and location, we really apreciated.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay at Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have spent two nights in Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach and I would like to say that the experience was Amazing!! My family was very happy with the resort! We booked total 4 rooms,1 pool views and 3 garden view. The best thing was I got one of my rooms upgraded to pool access room!! This was totally add the fun to our family trip!! From the location to the resort's facilities are nice. The pool design was awesome especially the kids area and the room was vert spacious and clean! Just a minor thing I would like to highlight that, we have ordered room service in one of the afternoons as everyone was lazy to walk out to hunt the food. After we done with our meals, we put all the cutleries and plates outside the room. To be frank, I would expected the staff would come back to clean away the items in an hour or two. However, till the evening about 8pm the items still beside my room door. I personally feel rather irritating with the items. Even I did not make a call to the house keeping, but within the few hours the staff should be came back to the room and clean off the items. Besides that, I personally think the choices of the breakfast were rather boring as two in a row all the items are same! Perhaps the management should look into the issue and make it more variety!Other than that everything is great to me and my family!! Ya, the Salila Spa is really good!!You can give it a try the massage service really worth of the money!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Mr. Phang,
Greetings from Holiday Inn Krabi and hope your trip back to Penang, my favourite island in Malaysia. We are extremely happy to know that you and family had a fabulous stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. Your great comments has been shared with all the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to Holiday Inn Krabi,

General Manager,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights and found this a very good hotel. My room was very spacious, modern looking, clean and comfortable. The one thing I did find, when next doors kids decided to play up early morning, is that the room was not very well soundproofed. There is some building work going on but that did not bother me as I was out during the day. Nice pool, good staff and quiet due to its location, not on the main part of Ao Nang Beach where all the restaurants, bars and shops are but about a ten minute walk away. It is also at the right end of town for three of the top five rated restaurants in Ao Nang, I walked to them from the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Taki P
Dear Taki,
Sawasdee Krab, and thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach. I am proud to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our staff . I have shared your comments with the team and they were happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.
A feedback like yours is making a difference to motivate our team to keep up the excellent services we are known for. Once again, thank you for the inspiring comments. We are looking forward to welcome you back!