“Terrible nightmare on customer service”

Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Ranked #12 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
New York City, New York
“Terrible nightmare on customer service”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

For this location being a Holiday Inn resort, I would have to say that it totally didn't deliver what a Holiday Inn resort should have in terms of quality customer service, housekeeping services and infrastructure.

Below are the disappointing incidents I had throughout my stay:
- First impression of check-in at front desk was not pleasant with the receptionist having a very grumpy attitude towards me which was fairly acceptable to me still at that time because I was looking forward to enjoy the resort. Never did I know its the start of what I call a terrible hotel nightmare.

- When I check-in which was already 4pm (local time) to my room, I was denied access to my room and had to wait outside the door for 15 minutes because the staff said they were desanitizing the room due to mosquitoes. After I got into the room, I realised the toilet bowl flush was not working. So I called the housekeeping and they sent someone to check. After 30 mins of trying to fix the toilet bowl unsuccessfully, they told me they need to check the shower head as well and ended up having 5-6 people in my room fixing, drilling, hammering all in all while I was still in the room, with no staff attempted to allocate me elsewhere and updating me with the progress. After 1 hour plus of no room to rest, no toilet to use with none of the problems fixed, I was totally frustrated and called up the reception, expecting some form of arrangement for me to change another room. All I get was a cold, rude response stating all pool access rooms are fully booked. Only after my insistence that the front desk decided to change my room to a available family room. And this bad experience started even before I can check-in to my room properly.

- After changing to a new room and deciding to give this resort another chance to make my experience a better one, I went to the pool and ordered a drink from the pool bar. To my disgust, I found a mosquito on the bottom of the glass. So I went to the pool bar staff about it. He told me that is not a mosquito despite telling him its definitely a insect because it has wings. Then he argued back saying it must be because I walk around with the glass that's why an insect fell into the glass. I was so mad telling him its at the bottom of the glass so it can't be there after he prepared the drink. Then he replied there is nothing he can do about it. I was beyond mad that I requested to speak to the manager in-charge. Only after the manager came then I was presented with a fresh glass of drink which could have happened right from the beginning.

- On the 2nd day of my stay in the morning, the toilet in the family room had water leaking and causing a pool of water. I called up the front desk, they said they will check but all 3 days of my stay, the problem was not fixed.

- On the last night of my stay at 11pm in the room, I was disturbed by loud sounds of repair works going on at the room upstairs with constant drilling, hammering and moving of furniture.

- I ordered room service on the 1st night and after waiting for 45 mins with no food, I called up and was told my order was forgottten and they can't serve it anymore because the restaurant staffs had all left for home. I ordered room service again on 2nd night: a brownie dish and fried banana fritters with ice cream. The food came with ice cream totally melted, brownie not warmed up and rock hard, fried banana fritters turning mushy.

Everything about my stay at Holiday Inn Krabi seemed so unbelievable. Well, it was unbelievable in the sense that it was just so bad and disappointing in every aspects. Staff were clearly not trained at all with terrible services. Infrastructure of the resort were not maintained. Room service is so bad. I can't describe enough on how bad things are.

The ONE & ONLY redeeming factor that I may return, not to stay but to dine at the restaurant is because of 1 staff at the restaurant: Chef Oh. I had gone fishing and had brought back my fresh catch to the restaurant, hoping the chef on duty can cook up my fish. Chef Oh presented a warm, friendly service with a cheery face throughout my dinner service. He even came by my table personally to serve the 2 dishes that he created with my catch and to talk us through the dish ingredients. Then he came by later again several to check if everything is okay, if we liked the food. All so while presenting a smiling face throughout. It is a pity that Chef Oh's excellent service was not a representation of the resort in any way.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank KLK533
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am sorry that your stay with us has fallen short of your expectations. All of your feedback is valid and well received and I look forward to discussing these points further with my team. If you are planning another visit to Phuket, please stay in touch with me directly and I will be very happy to assist in making the most appropriate recommendations to best suit your reservation requirements.

Kind Regards,
Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 5 May 2014

great place to stay in the area - though Krabi as a whole is not the place for young single people - you'll be surrounded with honeymooners and families/children.
the pools are gorgeous, and just across the road are the longtail boats to take to get to Railay Beach etc. Saw the most amazing sunsets in this place!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Greeting from Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach.
We are deeply touched by the way you describe our Resort from its ambiance to its location and most especially, the service that we have rendered for you during your stay here with us. Each of your compliments will be handed over to every department as a motivation to better give every guest the excellent service that you deserve.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This stay made me come back to TripAdvisor to continue writing reviews!! Simply because it gave me the much needed break!!

Travelled to Krabi on the spur of the moment.. got my tickets real cheap :p

Lets get to the hotel.

I booked it through Agoda and got it quite cheap RM499/pax for 3 nights (inclusive of tax). Well maybe not that cheap.. But let me give you a breakdown of why it is worth a splurge.

LOCATION : PERFECT!! It's located along the Ao Nang beach. Facing the beach and there are many souvenir shops, restaurants, coffee joints and convenient store within 2 minutes to 45 minutes walk (depending on what u want - McDonalds will take you 45 mins :))

SLEEP QUALITY : EXCELLENT!! I just knock out each time my head hits the pillow...! And it's a pretty quiet surroundings so no loud noises to keep you awake.

CLEANLINESS : NO COMPLAINTS! All clean sheets and floors and surroundings.

SERVICE : GREAT. Polite staffs and attends to all request.

FACILITIES : GREAT pools!

To sum it up, it is a great place to stay with friends or family for an UTMOST RELAXING HOLIDAY!

To sum it up it's a great place to stay

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sharm_hippo84

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I got nothing bad to say about the Hotels Rooms, Location or the Pool. The Hotel is very poorly run. Unqualified Supervisors and rud Front desk Staff. The Breakfast is a joke. There are a couple of Breakfast places right across the Street that saved every morning. Will never come again and not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Robert D

Kind Regards,
Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great stay, amazing breakfast! ... Had a variety to pick from... Great customer service too! .. However upon check in, we only had 2 queen single beds in our room, and there were 3 of us, so they had to set up an extra rollaway, but they were pretty quick in sorting this out! This resort is across the road from the beach and only a 5-10 min walk to the shops and restaurants. We really enjoyed our stay here for the 3 nights! We noticed this was a very family friendly place, on Easter Sunday (NZ time) they had a Easter bunny coming around the tables at breakfast, handing out Easter eggs to the little ones, which I thought was quite cute, especially for Thailand!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Greeting from Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach.

Devon
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Just had 4 nights there, we stayed in the modern rooms which were ideal and especially for what we paid. Great location and ideal for families with small kids. It's not the most modern of hotels but It's well maintained and clean and I found the staff very friendly. Breakfast is good beach just across the road, shops close by and taxis waiting outside if required. We stayed in some amazing hotels during out trip but this one reminded me of being in a Florida hotel (very USA) style. There are better hotels out there but I felt it ticked our box on this occasion.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Kev,
Greetings from Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach,
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our Resort which you have shared with us on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding all aspects of our Hotel. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

With best regards,
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is the best place to send a family, the swimming pool for the children keeps them amused for hours, lots of water slides, and the pool was right in front of the family room, so while we sat on our private sun bed or outside table and chairs we could just watch and relax. The family room was clean and spacious with two seperate rooms, kids had their own bathroom and tv, which made us really happy. Buffet breakfast catered for all, this place I would go back to again. Only down side was the staff are not all that friendly.

Room Tip: If you have two children book the family room.