For this location being a Holiday Inn resort, I would have to say that it totally didn't deliver what a Holiday Inn resort should have in terms of quality customer service, housekeeping services and infrastructure.
Below are the disappointing incidents I had throughout my stay:
- First impression of check-in at front desk was not pleasant with the receptionist having a very grumpy attitude towards me which was fairly acceptable to me still at that time because I was looking forward to enjoy the resort. Never did I know its the start of what I call a terrible hotel nightmare.
- When I check-in which was already 4pm (local time) to my room, I was denied access to my room and had to wait outside the door for 15 minutes because the staff said they were desanitizing the room due to mosquitoes. After I got into the room, I realised the toilet bowl flush was not working. So I called the housekeeping and they sent someone to check. After 30 mins of trying to fix the toilet bowl unsuccessfully, they told me they need to check the shower head as well and ended up having 5-6 people in my room fixing, drilling, hammering all in all while I was still in the room, with no staff attempted to allocate me elsewhere and updating me with the progress. After 1 hour plus of no room to rest, no toilet to use with none of the problems fixed, I was totally frustrated and called up the reception, expecting some form of arrangement for me to change another room. All I get was a cold, rude response stating all pool access rooms are fully booked. Only after my insistence that the front desk decided to change my room to a available family room. And this bad experience started even before I can check-in to my room properly.
- After changing to a new room and deciding to give this resort another chance to make my experience a better one, I went to the pool and ordered a drink from the pool bar. To my disgust, I found a mosquito on the bottom of the glass. So I went to the pool bar staff about it. He told me that is not a mosquito despite telling him its definitely a insect because it has wings. Then he argued back saying it must be because I walk around with the glass that's why an insect fell into the glass. I was so mad telling him its at the bottom of the glass so it can't be there after he prepared the drink. Then he replied there is nothing he can do about it. I was beyond mad that I requested to speak to the manager in-charge. Only after the manager came then I was presented with a fresh glass of drink which could have happened right from the beginning.
- On the 2nd day of my stay in the morning, the toilet in the family room had water leaking and causing a pool of water. I called up the front desk, they said they will check but all 3 days of my stay, the problem was not fixed.
- On the last night of my stay at 11pm in the room, I was disturbed by loud sounds of repair works going on at the room upstairs with constant drilling, hammering and moving of furniture.
- I ordered room service on the 1st night and after waiting for 45 mins with no food, I called up and was told my order was forgottten and they can't serve it anymore because the restaurant staffs had all left for home. I ordered room service again on 2nd night: a brownie dish and fried banana fritters with ice cream. The food came with ice cream totally melted, brownie not warmed up and rock hard, fried banana fritters turning mushy.
Everything about my stay at Holiday Inn Krabi seemed so unbelievable. Well, it was unbelievable in the sense that it was just so bad and disappointing in every aspects. Staff were clearly not trained at all with terrible services. Infrastructure of the resort were not maintained. Room service is so bad. I can't describe enough on how bad things are.
The ONE & ONLY redeeming factor that I may return, not to stay but to dine at the restaurant is because of 1 staff at the restaurant: Chef Oh. I had gone fishing and had brought back my fresh catch to the restaurant, hoping the chef on duty can cook up my fish. Chef Oh presented a warm, friendly service with a cheery face throughout my dinner service. He even came by my table personally to serve the 2 dishes that he created with my catch and to talk us through the dish ingredients. Then he came by later again several to check if everything is okay, if we liked the food. All so while presenting a smiling face throughout. It is a pity that Chef Oh's excellent service was not a representation of the resort in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach. Krabi's best value resort with a playful sense of tropical fun from waterslides to free-form pools and swim-up bar. Treat yourself in our Spa while your children can be entertained in children's playgrounds and our specially designed kids & teen zones. Everyone can stay connected with FREE WiFi throughout the resort. Enjoy a tropical cocktail at our fun pool bar, dine in our Inn Asia restaurant or just relax at our lobby library. Refresh yourself in our modern-designed rooms with comfortable beds whilst enjoying the view from your balcony offering stunning views of the resort pool or scenic Ao Nang Bay. Whether you are looking for a perfect family gateway with the kids, or are a couple seeking a quite romantic break, or if you are simply looking for a great place to spend a weekend away with your friends. At Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach, we know kids are on holiday too. The Kids' Club is designed to make their stay unforgettable and full of fun during your family vacations in Krabi. Kids' Club is open daily and is a free service to in house guests. Kids will enjoy all the indoor and outdoor activities. The children in our Kids' Club are accompanied by our recreation team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach