“Great Vacation - Happy Family Time”

Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Ranked #14 of 110 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My holiday in August with family, it was in the raining season. However, because of the great resort we stayed. It's all nice to be there.. Staffs are very nice and kind. Facilities is new and clean with lots of fun thing for the kids. Swimming pool is great for kids, not so deep and all child can play. Resort is about 20-30 feet from the beach. Breakfast are average. Dinner, I wish they have the seafood BBQ. At the time, there was only the international BBQ without seafood. Over all, we love this place and the kid love it too. Good for family relax.

Room Tip: Pool access is great.. but the pool view is good already.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from the rainy Ao Nang beach and hope your trip back home went very well. Thank you for taking the time to share your fabulous feedback on TripAdvisor.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was proud to share in details your comments with all the team . I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Krabi in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My review unfortunately needs to be split into 2 parts (June 2014 stay, 2 adults, 2 kids<10). I will cover the better parts first;
The staff were friendly and kids club staff were engaged and more than a few were absolutely terrific with the kids. The pool was good and the kids enjoyed the slides that were operating (the main one was closed throughout our stay). Massage was also good. Breakfast fine.
The less than acceptable - our room (family room with the bunk beds) had a slightly funky smell over the first 2 nights, which I had mistakenly assumed likely related to the nearby mangroves and would be similar throughout the hotel. However, in our absence on the entire final day (which was a mostly rainy day) we returned to a room that evening that was bursting with the overwhelming and unmistakable smell of raw untreated sewerage. It smelled absolutely putrid, had permeated EVERYTHING and was nauseating - I sent the family from the room immediately. Although unbelievably the first attendee suggested spraying the room it was obvious to all that an immediate room change was required (which was facilitated and I packed and changed rooms with all possible doors and windows fully open but the smell remained unbelievably strong throughout). Front office staff confirmed the following morning that they were aware of issues with this room previously - no one could provide any answer how they still allocated that room if that was the case?
I tried hard to get the management of the hotel to respond to me prior to writing a review but they have been unwilling. I was seeking assurances that they had isolated what had to be a serious issue and that it was unlikely to reoccur to further guests (as it had obviously occurred to others prior to us). They have declined to comment in any way saying only that it is an internal issue. It may or may not be relevant but I was violently unwell on the second evening - I have no way of knowing if it was related.
My advice would be to seek other accommodation despite some positives from this hotel, I do think you may be risking it here.

Room Tip: May sound obvious, but ask for a room without the smell of raw sewerage..........
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank IWM-SING
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Greeting from Holiday Inn Krabi. Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor. Firstly, please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced whilst staying with us. We, at Holiday Inn Krabi, understand the importance of fulfilling our guest’s expectations and it concerns me greatly that you have departed our Hotel with a negative impression.
Total customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and I will ensure that we maintain a high quality of service and facilities to all of our guests.
I would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Krabi, I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Krabi and please contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back here. I will personally take care of the arrangement to ensure your next experience with us is a flawless one.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I visited this place and I must say entire staff was courteous n helpful. We had awesome seaview plus pool view room. Pools were very clean so we had great time in pool as well. If u have kids water rides adds fun to ur stay

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shahhr21

Dear Guest,
Greeting from Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach.
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. We were very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us recently.
On behalf of the team, we thank you for choosing our Hotel as your holiday destination. We would love to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Krabi, on your next visit to Thailand.

With best regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

31st July to 2nd Aug 2014
I love it because my kid enjoyed it very much
There is a holiday village next to the hotel. But not fully occupy yet.
- massage, couple of food stall, clothings shop and Pharmacy.

Room
========
spacious, comfy.
Room tiles rather slippery when its wet (from pool to toilet, walk slowly,)
Safe - new and good condition
No dressing table, The only mirror is in the toilet. but i dont mind.

hotel staff
=========
Lovely!.. Friendly and courteous.
Speak simple english. Always simley.

Indoor playground
=============
Lovely. Big enough to accomodate at least 20 kids with comfortable space.
Cater to both young kids and older kids
Young kids will love the indoor ball-pools with slide
Older kids has X-box or play-station games.
The centre has activities filled schedule for the kids

====
Not to our liking. Their Thai-food doest taste like those available in Bangkok.
Lucky they serve fried egg and plain rice, my 3yr old survive on that for 3D2N.
Adult survived fish and chips type of food.
There are 24hr convinvence shop infront of hotel, sell cup noodles but all spicy. So, if u are looking for non-spicy ones, bring your own.

Transport
========
Hotel has bicycle, you can rent. 5min ride to the near by town where there is restuarant, fast food(burger king) or even Haigen diaz and movenpick.
Tuk tuk everywhere. very convienient.
Their 20min is about 30min, road in poor condtion, hence very bumpy.
If your child has motion sickness, suggest you to feed some medication.
My kid vomitted after a 30min ride +_+"

Weekend market
=============
Only available on evenings on Friday to Sunday. about 30-40mins ride
700baht 2way. Rates from the outside tuk tuk.
Small scale night market. can finish within 1.5hrs.
You can find delicious local food there compare to the hotel or nearby.
But no proper sit down place to eat.
No nearby restaurant too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank daandda1717
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from the sunny Ao Nang beach and hope your trip back home went very well. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.
I really was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your and family stay with us. I had shared in details your fabulous comments with all the team. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Krabi in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Cross the road and u r on the beach, visited this hotel in November 2013. Very nice hotel with the new wing jus being completed. Amazing water rides in the new wing however all rooms in the Old wing (though it is not old) open up into the swimming pool ' seriously :) . We were travelling with my 10 months old kid and the hotel staff was more than happy to upgrade my room to the top category free of charge on the top floor , what a view of the sunset from the terrace. Breakfast at the restaurant is awsome day after day with plenty of live options to choose from. They have a nice travel desk offering day tours at reasonable price.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor facing the ocean
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I really was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I had shared in details your comments with all the team and noted all your comments. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Krabi in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We traveled with a 15 month old boy and chose this hotel first of all because of the child friendly pool areas and rooms. It did indeed meet our expectations, the kids pool with all the slides had shallow water and are perfect for children all ages, the pool next to it had an area only about 20cm deep and perfect for our boy to crawl around in. The poolbar played hitmusic all day long, it didn't bother us too much but it would be nice with a few moments of silence during the stay (we could hear the music in our room as well).

We stayed in a kids suite which had separate bedroom and "livingroom", perfect for us as our boy went to bed before us. We stayed on third floor and had a big balcony, the pool access rooms would probably be better suited for older children that knows when to keep away from the water. The only thing I could point a finger on in the room was that it wasn't any hooks or shelfs to hang or put stuff on, travelling with children you have a lot of stash with you and we had trouble putting it away when there was no where to store it (like wet clothes, bag of dirty laundry, babyfood etc), that would definitively be easy for the management to install.

The breakfast was good with decent selection; egg and bacon, bread, cheese and ham, yoghurt, cereals, fruit and warm thai food.

The staff was very friendly and they love children. Especially the employees at the kids club did a great job and was really commited to their work.

It was not walking distance to Ao Nang, but only 5 minutes with Tuk Tuk, they charged 30 baht per person. But there was a few good restaurants within walking distance so it's not necessary to leave the area every night.

Overall, if you have kids any age this would be a great stay, if you are travelling without children I would probably consider other hotels that are "less busy" with children ;)

Room Tip: Choose pool view rooms, the so called garden view is only facing the back of the hotel looking over...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from the sunny Ao Nang beach and hope your family trip back home went very well. It's really great to start my day with a fabulous feedback like yours. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your family stay experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Location: Good and private, just approx 20mins to Ao Nang.

Rooms: clean and spacious! Room had everything as well (i.e: ironing board, hair dryer, cable tv, wifi etc)

Service: was informed that we were upgraded to the Pool View room upon arrival. However, it was a pity that we had 2 bad experiences with their service staff.
1. Their spa was fully booked and couldn't accommodate us 4 on their available date (max they could take 3 pax). So we asked for a recommendation for other spas. She said every hotel has a spa (duh yes I know of course) but in the end she said "I don't know." We had to google ourselves to make our own local calls (which were chargeable btw). The other spa we called was full as well but recommended another spa. They even arranged transport and booked for us.

2. It was 10.38pm and I called room service to request for 2 buckets of ice. Their reply was "our room service closes at 10.30pm". I mean like seriously? Holiday Inn can't spare like 2 buckets of ice after 8 minutes from their knock off time? I was seriously pissed and explained to her for a period of time. In the end they eventually made the delivery.

Breakfast: expensive for the kind of spread. I'll rather eat at Sheraton Krabi. Was staying there the other time I was there.

Overall we were happy with the rooms but the service kinda sucked if you ask me.

Stayed: July 2014
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from the sunny Ao Nang beach and hope your trip back home went very well. Very happy to read your kind feedback, that I have shared in details with all team. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.