“Great location, wonderful service, comfortable beds but an average spa!”

Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Stayed here over Easter weekend and we loved the hotel!

It's at the end of the Ao Nang strip, almost at Nopparat Thara so the location was very good - right opposite the beach, quiet but not more than a ten minute walk into town.

The rooms were very nice - we were booked in a Grande Deluxe which had a lovely view of the sea and all rooms had their own sun loungers so you could relax outside your room if you didn't want to go down to the pool.

The service was outstanding - very polite and friendly staff who made us feel right at home.

Only drawbacks here were that the food wasn't outstanding, but there's a restaurant called Wang Sai about 50m down the road where we got some lovely seafood; and secondly, the spa wasn't really value for money - the massage we got was quite expensive and not as good as at other places.

Tips on Ao Nang:
Book your airport transfer using www.krabishuttle.com - a good deal cheaper than the others. Rob (from Krabi Shuttle) also offers tours at really good prices, I'd recommend going through him.
Ao Nang Sunset Hotel has a great spa - especially after a day in the sun, I recommend the After Beach massage - it's not very expensive and feels very good.
For food - Wang Sai near Sala Talay, Massaman and Aree Baba in Ao Nang were great places we ate at.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2010

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights in March at the Sala in a pool access room and I am so glad we did. It was great. Overall the hotel was pretty good but I would have preferred one a bit closer into the town (I can be a bit lazy!). The rooms were lovely and cool due to the concrete floors and walls. A very modern resort with a lovely lagoon shaped pool and the staff are very friendly. Only one small fault and that was breakfast. Not much to chose from and because it was outside, the fruit, hams and cheese, bread etc dried out. But lucky we're not that fussy about breakfasts, but we have had better. Overall the resort was really good and you shouldn't let the breakfast put you off staying here. Would stay again if I were going to Krabi.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank remingtonpark
Reviewed 3 April 2010

We had a great stay at Sala Talay. The hotel is beautiful and service was amazing. We had a room right off the pool. Nice treat to be served a lovely drink poolside and bring it across the pool to relax on our room's "deck".

Everything was very clean and staff friendly and helpful. The tour assistance was also excellent. We had some time constraints that were less than ideal for a lot of the tour schedules in the area but somehow the hotel's staff coordinated a trip for exactly what we wanted and at the time we could go.

There are several comments in reviews about the road being between the hotel and the beach. This is true but the creative hotel design masks it much better than a lot of the others on the strip and you can see the ocean from almost anywhere on the hotel grounds. To be honest, I don't think any of the hotels in the area are actually on the beach.

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone heading to Krabi. Enjoy! Thailand is wonderful and our stay at Sala Talay added to a great vacation!!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2010

We have stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and all of us had great time over there. Hotel service was excellent. Staffs were always very friendly and smiling face which I have liked most :) Room was clean and tidy. Hotel decoration is simple but elegant. Hotel pool is not too big but as we had pool access room my kids enjoyed every bit of it. Location wise this hotel was great. Everything was very close by. For Ao nang it just took us 6/7 minutes by Tuk Tuk.
The thing I didn't like was Breakfast choices. As we don't eat pork our food choice became limited. But hotel guys provided us chicken sausages everyday.
Overall Sala Talay is nice hotel to stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2010

This is a good hotel. No complaints.
The bed was not as hard as many are in Thailand. Quite good.
large room with bath and a nice balcony.
Staff very helpful and attentative. Example. When my taxi I had arranged (not with hotel) did not arrive the bellboy took initiative and quickly found one for me on his moped . Ok I tipped Well and I guess he calculated I would but it made our day much easier and more relaxing.
Hotel is on Nopharat beach a few minutes walk or 20 Bath effortless ride from busy Ao nang beach
Beach is Ok for a swim in high tide and perfect for a long walk in the morning. very shallow. perfect for small children.
Breakfast was good with limited Cheese choise as only real drawback.
Nopharat beach further along the road is a bit run down with some boarded up places mixed up with the open ones.
Pool was clean and HUGE. Food good but pricey. You will probably eat elsewhere for lunch and Dinner.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Stayed 2 nights 3 daus at a nice resort in Krabi. Check in is smooth with a nice receptionist. Service is not 5 stars but good. Food esspecially breakfast is very nice atmosphere while eating. Try a treatment at Spa also very nice and got a special promotion and value for what I paid for. Hopefully will come back again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gerrardbangkok
Reviewed 26 February 2010

i stay with my wife The rooms are very nice, beautiful bathrooms,The staff were polite and helpful and always with a ready smile.Service from every member of staff was first class The bed was as comfy as we have ever had and room high standard with lcd tv, dvd, walk in shower and also bath. I was amazed at how friendly the staff are and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family