“Lovely Hotel and relaxing atmosphere”

Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Ranked #15 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Sala Talay Resort and Spa in Krabi is the choice for a relaxing holiday. It's the great hotel, all of the staffs are very nice and friendly. The location was very good - opposite the hotel is a long beach. The atomosphere around the hotel is very fresh and clean. We were booked in a Grande Deluxe room which had a lovely view of the sea and all rooms had their own sun loungers, so you could relax outside your room if you didn't want to go down to the pool or shopping. The room was lovely, very big shower and separate bath. Their decorations in the room is morden style, and their furnitures at the lobby, the bars are also morden too. The swimming pool is large and very good. Their services was very excellent, their staffs were attentive and friendly.
I would like to recommend this hotel, and I hope to go back and stay with them again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 August 2010

Thailand has many beautiful places. One of them is Ao Nang, but if you are used to luxury hotels don't go there with high expectations. I researched Ao Nang a lot before selecting a hotel for one night. Sala Talay was in walking distance and had a Penthouse Suite which offered a private swimming pool next to the bed. Furthermore Sala Talay had recieved really good reviews on Tripadvisor so I decided to stay there.

I arrived in the hotel and got a cold towel and a welcome drink and was escorted to the Penthouse suite. It looked OK at first and had the nice feature of the swimming pool just next to the bed, but when I looked closer it was not 100% clean and it made me very angry. There was urin on the toilet and insects all over the bathroom. I called the frontdisk and said it was unacceptable, they came to the room right away and agreed with me and I was transfered to another room. This room looked pretty much the same as the penthouse suite, expect the private swimming pool. I was happy to see this room was very clean, but I was still shocked that a hotel of this standard could forget to clean the bathroom in one of their rooms. It's what can happend in a 1-star hotel, not a 4-star.

Overall this hotel can only be recommended if you find a low rate and staff with professionalism not is required. That said it might still be the best choice in Ao Nang, it's a beautiful place, and go there for that, not for the hotels.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Bobbywestwood
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The swimmingpool was very good.
I like the pool bar very good.
The room was good.

The breakfast not ok and not value for the money.

I ordered a king size bed and got a small bed. When i told that too the staff they didnt do anything and when i should pay for the room they told mee i should pay full price.
This was NOT good and bad service frome the staff in the hotel. I will not go back in this hotel next time.......

Kristian Ugelstad Norway

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I booked three rooms for my wife, Baby and I along with rooms for both sets of Grandparents through AirasiaGo as a package. The hotel was excellent with nice rooms, a good pool, good location off the beach but within walking distance of the town. Krabi in low season is still nice for a relaxing time, however there is not much chance of snorkelling as the sea is very churned up. The staff were very accomodating with our baby and provided a cot too.

My only two complaints are that on arrival we were told only one of our rooms had breakfast included - despite me specifically booking all rooms with breakfast to make sure it was easy with our baby. This took two days to resolve and included me having to have a daily fight with the staff on the subject. It really did not feel like customer first servicing! Eventually they agreed to give us all breakfast but it did impact our stay somewhat which is a shame as otherwise I would give it 10/10. the other issue was that the pool had been painted so I now have a blue pair of shorts that started out white!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights in the low season. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded from a deluxe room to a grand deluxe room with sea views. The room was lovely, well appointed facilities, very big shower and separate bath, very interesting modern minimalist design with clean lines. Although the sink and shower areas were a little mouldy, and dim lighting around the vanity mirror made it difficult to admire oneself. The aircon was a little temperamental, always very cold, but great to escape the humidity. We chose to eat out due to the mark up on prices compared to AoNang restaurants. The location is in a nice quiet area across the road from the beach about 15min walk into the main restaurants area, nice walk in the late afternoon/evening but too hot in the daytime to walk, but as others say, 20Bt/person for a 2 minute tuk tuk ride.
The poolside area is fantastic, great to cool off anytime of the day, all the facilities at your fingertips. Nice to have free internet access too. Gym was fairly basic, undercover but not enclosed. I can recommend this hotel to anyone who is craving comfort.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We stayed for 11 nights at the Sala Talay in one of the pool access rooms. It was definitely worth the upgrade.
The hotel is in a good location, just across from the beach. It is only a few minutes walk into Aonang and although you can get a tuk tuk we never felt the need for one. The drinks prices aren't too bad for a hotel and its buy one get one free between 12 and 2 but they don't advertise this and we only found it out the day before we left! I can highly recommend the coconut milkshake!!
The staff are very friendly but unfortunately they don't speak much English so communication was quite difficult at times. One afternoon I asked for a parasol by the pool and the guy smiled, said no problem and just walked away never to be seen!
The breakfasts were ok - nothing special but certainly didn't feel the need to go elsewhere. There is the usual selection of cereals, fruit and pastries. You can also have a cooked breakfast, which is cooked to order.
My only complaint (other than the rain, which there was nothing I could do about) was the incredibly hard bed. I ended up using a sunbed mattress to try and make it more bearable. Other than that, it was a great hotel in gorgeous surroundings and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2010

A beautiful resort with almost everything great! Its especially great for couples. Try the pool access room, you won't be disappointed. Its a resort with peaceful and relaxing environment. Nice & clean room, friendly staff, nice breakfast (not buffet style, but you may order what you like from a menu provided), nice swimming pool, resort is facing the beach...Only thing I don't really like is its location, its far from the main happening spot in Aonang, you will have to take quite a walk to reach those restaurants and nightlife spots. But if you love just relaxing in a nice lovely hotel for most of your time, then Sala Talay is the one for you.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple