“Save your money, go to Local or Poseiden”

Kon-Tiki Krabi Diving & Snorkeling Center - Krabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Kon-Tiki is the only 5 Star PADI IDC Instructor Development Center & Green Star operator in Krabi with several prestigious awards for our commitment to the environment. We hold the highest standards in regards to safety, quality and variety. We have operated in Thailand since 1989 and you will find us in Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi and Koh Lanta.Every day we offer snorkeling tours for the entire family with professional snorkeling guides to help you get the most out of your snorkeling adventure. While snorkeling gives you a great chance to explore the ocean, the corals and marine life, there is really nothing that beats putting on SCUBA gear and experience the Andaman Sea from below! We offer a full range of PADI courses as well as diving tours every day to Ao Nang Islands, Phi Phi Islands, Shark Point Sanctuary, Koh Haa Yai and Hin Deang/Hin Muang.At our retail store you can find a great selection of diving- and snorkeling equipment. Here, you can also enquire about our tours and courses with our friendly and helpful staff. We promise to teach you something on every trip you take with us. We are open every day from 9 am til 9 pm, 9:00 to 21:00. For more information, please visit our shop.
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Probably my worst dive experience, nothing majorly wrong just nothing majorly right, especially bruising given the extra 1100-1300baht you'll pay instead of going Poseiden or Stingray.
Positives: very good at responding to emails, I contacted 5 a couple of days out to plan my trip and they cameback twice with all info and more, this was a deciding factor for me and the fact they were t going local the only 2 days I could dive. Scuba Addicts & The Dive never responded.
Negatives: expensive. forgot I was vegetarian so boiled cabbage for me. Food in general, bananas and chicken curry? That's it? Other dive operations has morning tea going out 2 or 3 options for lunch then biscuits and sometimes cake for coming back. Staff are all European and with that comes the lack of the Thai welcoming have fun nature, this includes arguing amongst themselves on the way out leaving you feeling like you've stepped into kindergarten. Own boat? It has theirname on it but barely in shoulder season they share journeys out with the aforementioned nonresponders.....sadly whom both looked more professional with uniforms, clear with instructions and didn't throw petty insults at each other. Organisation, whilst pick up was almost on time drop off was about 3 hours late leaving Centura guest almost stranded until one of them offered to pay for own transfer, sadly all the mucking about would e put them smack in the storm with the rest of us just making back.
Overall staff are too young, tired and couldn't give a toss

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Well organised & good dive guide. Thx again Märt ! If you leave from Phuket you will need to share the boat with other dive trip organisations since the boat is not from Kon-Tiki but both the boat/crew as the food were excellent

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I dived with Kon-Tiki for 5 consecutive days in the middle of April. From the moment we contacted them in their shop to the time we finished our last dive they were exceptionally professional and a friendly bunch to deal with.

We were staying in the Centara Beach Hotel where Kon-Tiki have a dive shop and after a quick refresher in the pool (we hadn't dived for 2 years) with Jeroen we headed out each day to near the Phi Phi Islands. The trip each day from the pier was about 2 hours each way but don't let that put you off - the dive boat was large and we were well fed and watered for the trips (all free of charge except for beer which is only available after all water sports were complete).

We dived mainly with an English dive instructor, Andy, who was superb. My wife historically has been a little nervous but by the end of the week Andy had helped dismiss all her historical fears. All the other dive masters were also excellent. They are mainly Scandinavian and therefore embarrass us British with their perfect English!
Special mention must go to Tobias, Max, Charlie, Remy and Jeroen.

Thoroughly recommend them - we hope to be back....

Reviewed 21 April 2014

There's not much else to do in Krabi besides snorkeling, so I took two different trips. The first, despite the initial three hour boat ride, was incredible. Crystal clear water, zillions of fish, a surprisingly great free lunch and a staff that was helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, etc.

The second, which was a more common trip around the Phi Phi islands, was far less amazing. We went to some busier areas, so the amount of live coral decreased while the amount of other swimmers and debris increased. It was still well-run, although I wouldn't say the staff on the second day were nearly as charismatic. Our guide mostly just talked about the Rolling Stones and Motorhead, which is fine if you're talking about the bands as they existed 30 years ago, but trying to make the case that they're worth even thinking about in 2014 was disappointing. Inevitably, it made me think the guy was a bit of a moron.

Still, Kon-Tiki is highly recommended, especially if you're willing to spend the extra money and take the longer trips.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Awesome discover scuba diving! Many thanks to Kon-Tiki Krabi team! And thumbs UP for my friendly instructor Tuiya and Fredrik, both you are extremely professional! Great fun and highly recommended!