“Outstanding dive company”

Kon-Tiki Krabi Diving & Snorkeling Center - Krabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Kon-Tiki is the only 5 Star PADI IDC Instructor Development Center & Green Star operator in Krabi with several prestigious awards for our commitment to the environment. We hold the highest standards in regards to safety, quality and variety. We have operated in Thailand since 1989 and you will find us in Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi and Koh Lanta.Every day we offer snorkeling tours for the entire family with professional snorkeling guides to help you get the most out of your snorkeling adventure. While snorkeling gives you a great chance to explore the ocean, the corals and marine life, there is really nothing that beats putting on SCUBA gear and experience the Andaman Sea from below! We offer a full range of PADI courses as well as diving tours every day to Ao Nang Islands, Phi Phi Islands, Shark Point Sanctuary, Koh Haa Yai and Hin Deang/Hin Muang.At our retail store you can find a great selection of diving- and snorkeling equipment. Here, you can also enquire about our tours and courses with our friendly and helpful staff. We promise to teach you something on every trip you take with us. We are open every day from 9 am til 9 pm, 9:00 to 21:00. For more information, please visit our shop.
Reviewed 10 September 2017

I've been diving all over the world, and this company is up there with the best in terms of safety, experience, comfort, and caliber of dive instructors. Booking was easy (Marlele was wonderful to work with!); dive boat was very nice with coffee, electrolytes, and food throughout the day; my refresher class was very helpful and well-organized; the dives were great and the staff was very helpful and informative; and, most importantly, safety was always prioritized. I was traveling and diving solo, and they made me feel comfortable and connected me with others for dive buddies and friends on the boat. Would highly recommend!

All reviews
"dive shop"
in 15 reviews
"discover scuba"

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I booked a day of snorkeling and it was amazing. I saw many ocean fish, clown fish, stick fish, blow fish, red tail butterfly fish, sea urchins, clams, crabs, emperor angle fish, moorish idol fish, titan triggerfish, power blue surgeon fish, parrot fish, and a Black Tip Shark about 6' long swam by me and into the cove, also saw a number of small sharks. The snorkeling guide was great very informative. They served a great lunch, and the long boat ride to the big boat was cool. The 2 bays we were in where Lana Bay and Viking Bay. First time snorkeling and it was awesome!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

As a diving instructor for over 20 years, I studied very closely before booking Kon-tiki to teach my daughter how to dive.
They were very professional and after a small mix up with the person who I made the booking with having left the company, they were very accommodating. My daughter had a problem clearing her ears and they accommodated a change of day very easily and on the last day, I joined my daughter on her last three dives and thought the setup on the boat and in the water was very good. The equipment is basic but up to date and in good condition. The teaching was good and they allow online theory to save time on the holiday. Diving in Krabi is quite expensive but Kon-tiki are not really much more expensive than anyone else and give very good service. Nikki is a great instructor and the boat is very large and well equipped. they use 12.5 litre alu cylinders and supply everything. The water is warm enough for no wetsuit and the sea life is plentiful and interesting. great outfit. Well done Kon-tiki

1  Thank Dodgydawson
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Just came back from a wondefull holiday in Thailand for our 25th wedding anniversary. Did a round-trip from Bangkok up north and back to the south onto the beaches in Krabi as an intended wonderful closure to our stay in this beautiful country. We managed to bring our 3 kids (23,20 & 16) with us - probably for one of the last times all together on holiday for a while (leaving the nest et al ...).
We booked a scuba diving experience with Kon Tiki on Friday and were scheduled for Sunday ... . Checked on Saturday around 11h30 am whether everything was going according to plan - which we were reassured it was ... . Untill we came back to our hotel room at 21h15 and received a phone call announcing us dryly everything was cancelled because of 'no diving instructor available' ??? - the operator explained me that she had been trying to contact us every 30 minutes ... on our hotel phone (as if we would be sitting in our room during the day whilst being on holiday in Krabi), she also explained she has send my an email with two alternative proposals for snorkelling instead of scuba diving but that the deadline for reply was 20h30 and as I didn't reply she cancelled everything. Not only was I supposed to stay in my room I also should have checked my emails as well (great holiday that is !) ... interestingly if I would have checked my emails in time I had exactly 8 minutes to reply as the email arrived at 20h22 ... . In a nutshell don't bother with Kon Tiki - go straight into Ao Nang and book something directly with another provider - unless you are looking forward to deal with sulking and disappointed kids for a day or two.

3  Thank Bart D
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 August 2017

So fun! My girlfriend is a certified diver, but it was my first time. We did the introductory diving experience and it was a total blast! They were very understanding and patient in organizing with us over email, and very flexible as we couldn't make it to the shop for an introduction before our dive day. We did the half day morning adventure and were picked up at our hotel, taken to the national park, and then took a longboat with the other participants to our large diving boat. They provided bananas, toast, coffee, and tea for breakfast as well as water and electrolyte drink throughout the day. We met our personal guide, Till, and were briefed in diving signals, techniques, etc. as well as the kinds of wildlife we would see! The first dive was at Lana Bay at Phi Phi Don and included a test of our skills, and then we got to explore! I was quite nervous, but Till was incredible. I held on to his arm for the first dive, and he was constantly making sure everything was running smoothly. He even took the time at the end of our day to hand-draw a map of good restaurants! We got a delicious Thai lunch (there was a vegetarian option for me!) and then did our second dive at Viking Bay at Phi Phi Ley. I was allowed to swim on my own for this dive, and it was incredible. The staff on the boat, and our instructor were both incredible. For two people it was around $300 USD, but considering all of the instructing and equipment provided, including food, etc. it was worth it and a relatively cheap price. It is really hard to find somewhere that will let a beginner actually dive, so this was an amazing experience!