“Krabi, Aonang, Islands, etc.”

Krabitrek Day Tours
Ranked #19 of 48 Tours in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Owner description: Krabitrek offer an online range of the best tours in and around Krabi. Kayaking, rock climbing, boat trips to the Islands and inland sightseeing. We can arrange it all for you leaving you free to relax.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very enjoyable......great place for snorkelling, diving, relaxing, holidaying, ................hotels are cheap and wonderful, value for money, ..................stay at Aonang, book a one-day speed boat tour to nearby islands.....go for it..

2  Thank Raymond L

Reviewed 10 May 2014

been booked with them through email, they are punctual and everything just same as what they describe on email. i spend my first day with them after touch down at Krabi. I booked airport transfer with them as well. A minus is that i wasnt aware the water activity and didnt prepare slipper or cloth to change for that activity.... the tour guide is friendly and i enjoyed the elephant trekking so much...

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

It is important to remember that krabitrek.com is just an agent who helps you book with actual operators on the ground. Therefore their deliverable is ensuring you are booked for your chosen activity and that you are appropriately picked up for it. Your actual activity experience is dependent upon the operator you get. Here's my experience with krabitrek.com.

My online queries were attended to by a lady called Mem, and like everyone here says, she responds promptly. While I was there too, I called their listed number (included in their invoice) and communicated with Da, and since then was in touch with Da by phone.

I booked five items:
1. 2 airport transfers
2. Elephant trek
3. Half-day rock climbing (later cancelled)
4. Half-day kayak

My first airport transfer was a big mixup, but that was really mostly my fault - I had included my flight details in my hotel booking, & even though I hadn't specified it, my hotel was so superb they took it upon themselves to pick me up, so I missed KT's pickup (mistaking my hotel's pickup for theirs). However, my husband's airport transfer was smooth (although according to my husband, the driver seemed in a bit of a rush).

Pickup for the elephant trek was punctual. We travelled to the trek site in an air-conditioned minibus.

While I was on the phone with Da, he informed me that my rock-climbing session for the next day had been cancelled as the island had a rock climbing competition happening then. They offered to refund via PayPal. Since that would've been my first climbing experience, I wasn't too gutted (relieved in fact!). Serious climbers might have been very disappointed. But then again, serious climbers would've known about, or even been part of the competition.

What sealed my experience with KT was the half-day kayak booking. This Krabi trip was relatively free and easy for our family, so on our third night, we were cracking our heads about what to do for the next day. At 2230 hours, I took a chance and texted Da asking if we could be booked for a half-day morning kayak the next day. He responded with a yes! How wonderful is that?? He asked for our room number, & requested that we pay cash to the operator.

Pickup for the kayak was a bit hectic as there were three different kayak operators picking people up from the same hotel. DO NOT WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO COME TO YOU. Proactively go up to each of them and check. We found our kayak operator and were able to confirm our booking with our room number.

The whole thing may look and feel confusing, but rest assured there actually is order in the chaos.

Overall, despite 1 or 2 hiccups, my experience with KT was positive. As service providers, they responded to my queries and ensured they met my requests, which is five-star service in my books.

3  Thank faithaffair
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Mem replying every email i write and booking process was really easy, that a good thing. I waited at Railay beach from 915am - 10am..called krabitrek for 2 times, no one pickup me. Talk to a guy from pranang with Purple shirt, show my reservation slip..say NO to me, not taking krabitrek booking. Okay, i call krabitrek and waited again, the same guy come back to me, sorry, we take u for the tour. That time they actually already sail the boat halfway to the sea and have to turn around to pickup us. We get into the boat, feeling ashamed...ppl must thinking we re late and they have to turn around to pickup us. That the bad thing, krabitrek should clear the thing with the tour guide before they deny our booking with them.

1  Thank Adi-Fafa
Krabitrek, Manager at Krabitrek Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thanks for the response.

We do always try to make sure that everything is as smooth, efficient and reliable as possible. On this particular occasion this was a mis-communication between the operator and their guide. The tour was booked in advance by Krabitrek for the customer. This does happen (thankfully only very occasionally) and I'm just happy that you called us in time for us to clear things up with the operator in time for them to turn around and pick you up.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience though and just hope that the trip itself was a great day.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We booked 2 tours - Kayaking and Rock Climbing - through Krabitrek and were amazed by the ease of the booking process. We booked online through the Krabitrek website, which I was skeptical about using, however went ahead having read reviews that said the booking process was easy. I wanted to book a tour for the following day and sure enough, about 10 mins after submitting an enquiry on the website, I received an email from Mem at Krabitrek confirming the costs etc. of the trip. She replied promptly to any enquiries I had and I booked 2 trips through her. We paid a deposit by paypal, then paid the balance to the guide on the first trip. The paperwork was clear and was emailed to us the day before the tour.
The kayaking trip to Bhan Bor Thor was great, but I would recommending doing the half day tour rather than the full day. The full day tour visited one extra cave - which was spectacular - kayaking through a cave to a lagoon, but then a lot of time was spent driving to a swimming spot where we were told we would spend an hour. By this point all we wanted to do was to return to the hotel. It was fun - using the rope to jump into the cool fresh water, but not worth spending an hour there, or the extra detour it took to get there.
Rock Climbing was a good experience too - but be prepared for lots of people waiting to climb on the same area of rock.