“Cheap and great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Krabitrek Day Tours

Krabitrek Day Tours
Ranked #16 of 42 Tours in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Owner description: Krabitrek offer an online range of the best tours in and around Krabi. Kayaking, rock climbing, boat trips to the Islands, kayaking and inland sightseeing. We can arrange it all for you leaving you free to relax.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Cheap and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked their service online. They are friendly and one of they could even speak Malay! I tookt he 4 Islands tour and it's really worth it for the price

Visited February 2014
1 Thank DayangAnne

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Shah Alam, Malaysia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Krabi, Aonang, Islands, etc.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very enjoyable......great place for snorkelling, diving, relaxing, holidaying, ................hotels are cheap and wonderful, value for money, ..................stay at Aonang, book a one-day speed boat tour to nearby islands.....go for it..

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Raymond L
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good agency”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

been booked with them through email, they are punctual and everything just same as what they describe on email. i spend my first day with them after touch down at Krabi. I booked airport transfer with them as well. A minus is that i wasnt aware the water activity and didnt prepare slipper or cloth to change for that activity.... the tour guide is friendly and i enjoyed the elephant trekking so much...

Visited August 2013
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A very capable and efficient agency”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

It is important to remember that krabitrek.com is just an agent who helps you book with actual operators on the ground. Therefore their deliverable is ensuring you are booked for your chosen activity and that you are appropriately picked up for it. Your actual activity experience is dependent upon the operator you get. Here's my experience with krabitrek.com.

My online queries were attended to by a lady called Mem, and like everyone here says, she responds promptly. While I was there too, I called their listed number (included in their invoice) and communicated with Da, and since then was in touch with Da by phone.

I booked five items:
1. 2 airport transfers
2. Elephant trek
3. Half-day rock climbing (later cancelled)
4. Half-day kayak

My first airport transfer was a big mixup, but that was really mostly my fault - I had included my flight details in my hotel booking, & even though I hadn't specified it, my hotel was so superb they took it upon themselves to pick me up, so I missed KT's pickup (mistaking my hotel's pickup for theirs). However, my husband's airport transfer was smooth (although according to my husband, the driver seemed in a bit of a rush).

Pickup for the elephant trek was punctual. We travelled to the trek site in an air-conditioned minibus.

While I was on the phone with Da, he informed me that my rock-climbing session for the next day had been cancelled as the island had a rock climbing competition happening then. They offered to refund via PayPal. Since that would've been my first climbing experience, I wasn't too gutted (relieved in fact!). Serious climbers might have been very disappointed. But then again, serious climbers would've known about, or even been part of the competition.

What sealed my experience with KT was the half-day kayak booking. This Krabi trip was relatively free and easy for our family, so on our third night, we were cracking our heads about what to do for the next day. At 2230 hours, I took a chance and texted Da asking if we could be booked for a half-day morning kayak the next day. He responded with a yes! How wonderful is that?? He asked for our room number, & requested that we pay cash to the operator.

Pickup for the kayak was a bit hectic as there were three different kayak operators picking people up from the same hotel. DO NOT WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO COME TO YOU. Proactively go up to each of them and check. We found our kayak operator and were able to confirm our booking with our room number.

The whole thing may look and feel confusing, but rest assured there actually is order in the chaos.

Overall, despite 1 or 2 hiccups, my experience with KT was positive. As service providers, they responded to my queries and ensured they met my requests, which is five-star service in my books.

3 Thank faithaffair
Melaka, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good & Bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Mem replying every email i write and booking process was really easy, that a good thing. I waited at Railay beach from 915am - 10am..called krabitrek for 2 times, no one pickup me. Talk to a guy from pranang with Purple shirt, show my reservation slip..say NO to me, not taking krabitrek booking. Okay, i call krabitrek and waited again, the same guy come back to me, sorry, we take u for the tour. That time they actually already sail the boat halfway to the sea and have to turn around to pickup us. We get into the boat, feeling ashamed...ppl must thinking we re late and they have to turn around to pickup us. That the bad thing, krabitrek should clear the thing with the tour guide before they deny our booking with them.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Adi-Fafa
Krabitrek, Manager at Krabitrek Day Tours, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thanks for the response.

We do always try to make sure that everything is as smooth, efficient and reliable as possible. On this particular occasion this was a mis-communication between the operator and their guide. The tour was booked in advance by Krabitrek for the customer. This does happen (thankfully only very occasionally) and I'm just happy that you called us in time for us to clear things up with the operator in time for them to turn around and pick you up.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience though and just hope that the trip itself was a great day.