“Steep price but food was good”

Sitti Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 273 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Steep price but food was good”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Seafood and pineapple fried rice was good but pad thai was so so only. the price was quite pricey compared to other restaurants but they open really early.

Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
“Felt so lucky we found this place!!:)”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Good quality food for a cheap price!!!:) My friend and I tried the phad thai, fries rice with chicken and cashew nuts, pad see ew, and massan coconut milk curry. All dishes were tasty! And I totally loved the mango shakes!!! Whenever my friend and I had trouble finding a new restaurant that looked good with reasonable prices, we came here! I totally would recommend you this place for good Thai food!!:)

• Visited August 2013
Hillerod, Denmark
“Very disappointing!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We came to this restaurant because we thought they had Danish items in the menucard, as mentioned here on Tripadvisor. But none of these items were to be found anywhere on the menu! They had only a few items available, but neither ribbensandwich or frikallesandwich or hotdog were available when we came by.

We were also extremely surprised by the high price level, we had a Tuna Sandwich, Spaghetti Bolognaise and a spicy soup, for that we had 1 cola and 1 bottled water. And that set us back 600 baht! You can easily find these items much cheaper in this area, which is full of restaurants of any kind.

Employees were very nice and extremely attentive though - restaurant seemed empty through the evening, which might be the reason for the high prices?

All in all, huge disappointment, we expected something much better and special. But this is just another average restaurant for tourists in Ao Nang.

• Visited July 2013
“Great place to have breakfast or lunch.”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

It's located on a corner of the shopping street near the beach. The prices are good in compare to the quality of the food. I had a ham/cheese sandwich for breakfast and a hamburger for lunch. The burger was on a nice ciabatta although the meat was a bit dry. But overall it was a good burger. Service was average, but the served us a new sandwich wen the found out the sandwich of my girlfriend was without cheese. We did not even noticed.

• Visited July 2013
Pune, India
“Heavenly Pancakes!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This review is long overdue since our (the husband and I) visit to Sitti dates back to the last week of December 2012. However it must be written because not writing about the Sitti pancakes would be criminal (Depriving the world of the divine, luscious and absolutely lip smacking food!!). We arrived at Sitti through TripAdvisor, but didn't really get the first two orders right. One was a very forgettable Thai dish with noodles and vegetables thrown in a slightly gooey way, all of which had an unusually terrible smell and taste. The Bruschetta wasn't anything to write home about either.
But I am grateful to the girl sitting next to us for ordering a pancake. It looked so good from a distance, we instantly ordered the same. And to say that we we were surprised would be an understatement. The pancake had two layers with stuffing in between the layers. I had ordered mango fruit pancake and such a delightful combination it was that I couldn't stop myself after the first dig into it. For only 65bahts, this is not just a steal, it's like winning a food lottery!
We went there again for breakfast the next morning and believe me, it felt like heaven all over again. Though the layers are thicker, they are cooked to perfection and almost melt in your mouth. It could definitely be meal by itself with a few drinks and you can make meal of it because they serve it all day long!!
A drip to Ao Nang would be incomplete without a dig into Sitti's pancakes! So please drop by!!

• Visited December 2012