“Avoid at all opportunities ”

Sitti Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 265 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Jose, California
“Avoid at all opportunities ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt but the service here is entirely below any standards.

We wasted a full hour and a half here and I knew it was a mistake but my wife was tired of walking around I search for a breakfast.

Meals were incomplete, served 25 minutes apart from each other, arrived cold & stale and some drinks never even came but still appeared on the bill.

The seating is outside and I understand with that comes bugs, which is common in this setting but there were literally cockroaches climbing on the walls the entire time. I saw 6 different ones in the hour and a half we were here.

Oh well, it comes with the territory when traveling but like I said, hopefully you'll read this before it's too late.

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
“Great food and no fuss.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

The lady who owns this cafe knows how to cook.
There is a simple selection of both Thai and international food but please try her Thai food, not only is it delicious the portion sizes will make any hungry traveller happy.
Her Thai green curry is one of my favourite meals here although I am working through her Thai menu so that may change by the end of the week!
The location may not suit all as Sitti cafe is a small place sat on the corner of the busy walking street (very small walking street) in Ao Nang but if your looking to avoid the gang pressing attitude of some of the other restaurants in the area and are happy to watch life go by whilst eating good food this is a superb spot.
Enjoy.

• Visited August 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Steep price but food was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Seafood and pineapple fried rice was good but pad thai was so so only. the price was quite pricey compared to other restaurants but they open really early.

Visited August 2013
“Felt so lucky we found this place!!:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Good quality food for a cheap price!!!:) My friend and I tried the phad thai, fries rice with chicken and cashew nuts, pad see ew, and massan coconut milk curry. All dishes were tasty! And I totally loved the mango shakes!!! Whenever my friend and I had trouble finding a new restaurant that looked good with reasonable prices, we came here! I totally would recommend you this place for good Thai food!!:)

• Visited August 2013
Hillerod, Denmark
“Very disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We came to this restaurant because we thought they had Danish items in the menucard, as mentioned here on Tripadvisor. But none of these items were to be found anywhere on the menu! They had only a few items available, but neither ribbensandwich or frikallesandwich or hotdog were available when we came by.

We were also extremely surprised by the high price level, we had a Tuna Sandwich, Spaghetti Bolognaise and a spicy soup, for that we had 1 cola and 1 bottled water. And that set us back 600 baht! You can easily find these items much cheaper in this area, which is full of restaurants of any kind.

Employees were very nice and extremely attentive though - restaurant seemed empty through the evening, which might be the reason for the high prices?

All in all, huge disappointment, we expected something much better and special. But this is just another average restaurant for tourists in Ao Nang.

• Visited July 2013