“Professional five star”

The Dive Ao Nang
Ranked #3 of 42 Tours in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you are thinking about travel in Thailand, then diving in Thailand is something you should try.The Dive Ao Nang is a quality minded PADI dive center in Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand. As a diver, we will give you the best possible service and experience.We can offer you diving that is rich in marine life, corals and colors. Our Dive Trips are mainly around Koh Phi Phi, but we can also provide other locations, such as: Similans islands, Hin Daeng, Hin Meuang, Shark point and Ao Nang local islands.Our Courses are PADI dive courses, which is the most popular dive organisation in the world. With a PADI certification, you can dive anywhere in the world. The Dive Ao Nang Team speaks English, Thai, Danish and German.
Worthing, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Professional five star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

the Dive Aonang is one of the most professional dive centres I have enjoyed in 20 years of diving around the globe. Prompt communication, high class rental gear, good pick ups. The staff were great with the right mix of professionalism and friendliness. I dived with the dive leader (a nice South African lad) and a couple of holidaying dive instructors - the right group for someone with over 300 dives rather than the beginners I was matched with in Koh Lanta.

Dived the King Cruiser and Light house and another reef dive which were very good with great mix of fish life including a swimming banded sea snake and giant barracuda.

The boat was not owned by Dive Aonang but was fine. Only criticism was no hand gel prior to using the utensils at the buffet lunch ( no soap in the loo! ). Also a perennial annoyance for a non-smoker is smokers using the main resting/reading areas. Can they not be sent to the bow or dive platform and be treated like the pariahs that they have become. Am sick of feeling nauseous on dive boats in the tropics with the hot muggy weather and cheap European cigarettes.

Visited November 2013
aonangcookie, Manager at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hi
Thank you for your kind words, that makes us happy and aware we are doing something right.
The smoking is sad, but that we will try to do better, sorry for that.
You are welcome back anytime.
Bjørn

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ao Nang the dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I made my owd, there, great teachers and great crew. Dives are in Koh Phi Phi, bit like with other schools close to Krabi. Transfer also very good.

lertlid, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hi Simon,
thank you for your review. We are happy to enjoyed your course with us.
We hope to dive with you again in the future.
Greeting from Ao Nang and The Dive Ao Nang Team
Antwerp, Belgium
3 attraction reviews
“One word: Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I only have one word: fantastic! The crew, the location, the service, the diving, the experience, it was all fantastic. I had planned to stay in Ao Nang for 2 or 3 days but ended up staying for 8 days in total and I loved it. It had been a year since I last went diving so I had to get used to it again but the people of The Dive made me feel perfectly comfortable. They also took care of everything, so I felt really relaxed. I did a lot of dives and really enjoyed it. The staff from The Dive was incredibly friendly and helpful and made me feel really welcome, I am thinking about going back next year!

Hi Anke.
Thanks for a great time and for you awesome review here, that means a lot for us. As we told you, it is difficult to leave Ao Nang, you felt that. We do hope to see you again.
Thanks a lot.
Bjørn and all the rest.
Sunnyvale, California
“Fun day at sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I really enjoyed our day of scuba diving with Big Blue. The boat was very nice and comfortable. Bathroom clean and spacious. Food was ok and they offered many drink options. They even had breakfast items for those that were hungry. Beer could be purchased on the way home. The instructors were friendly and easy to talk to. Liz was extremely helpful when our taxi dropped us off at their office/shop, luggage and all, as our driver had another commitment and was running late. Our driver didn't want to wait and take us to our hotel. After a long drive from Khao Lak with with an inexperienced driver who didn't have a map or direction to Ao Naung, who kept pulling over asking for directions we were happy to get rid of him. Liz offered to watch our luggage while we had lunch, which he did and then called us a taxi to get to our hotel. Our scuba guide, Bjorne, who is a master diver, was awesome. We are newly certified and he made us feel very comfortable. I would definitely go out again with Big Blue.

Visited November 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

aonangcookie, Manager at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hi Bonnie.

Thank you for a great review. We are happy that you liked to dive with us The Dive Ao Nang. Maybe it was Big Blue that took you out to Similans.
If you ever get back to Ao Nang, we will be happy to give you more great experiences at sea.

Thank you.

Bjørn and The Dive Ao Nang team.
Sunnyvale, California
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great dives, nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Just retuned from Phi Phi island dive today. My wife and I had a wonderful dive led personally by Bjorn, one of the owners. Here is the setup: small shop in the heart of town with staff there during the day to arrange trips and assist you. The day we arranged the trip they helped us work out a taxi situation and held our bags while we got a bite of lunch. Day of the trip, easy transfer to the beach area where we caught a 5 min long tail boat out to the big boat anchored offshore. 2 hr ride to Phi Phi, then two 1 hr dives with lunch in between on the boat. Boat is shared with a few other dive companies. Plenty of room to sit and freedom to walk around and change spots as it suits you. Staff and passengers all grinning and having a good day. We got back about 5pm. Nice folks who truly enjoy what they do. Highly recommend.

Visited November 2013
aonangcookie, Manager at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you Bonnie and Scott.

It was a pleasure get to know you both, I had a great day myself. Anytime you come back to Ao Nang, you are more than welcome to come and say hi and do more diving.

All the best from
Bjørn and The Dive Ao Nang team.